Borges: Gilbert (back) gametime decision tomorrow, Wilson status unclear. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Borges: Gilbert (back) gametime decision tomorrow, Wilson status unclear.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, if players foul out during a game resulting in less than 5 guys available, is that an automatic forfeit? (I realize you'd have no chance of winning with less than 5 players, but wondering what the rules are...and has that ever happened?)

Never mind, I answered my own question (see post below)

I think each additional foul is charged as a technical or something like that but you still keep the 5 guys in the game.

Reaction Score
I think Sid should be available to play in an emergency. I get building this thing the right way, but CV and the other guys who worked their butts off all year don’t deserve to be playing that short handed at this point in the year.

I think it’s fair to say that if what Sid did was that bad, he wouldn’t be practicing.

Reaction Score
I wrote this Sunday morning, and it’s still accurate-

Sid’s career at UConn doesn’t have to be done. He’s suspended, not off the team. They’re trying to reach him and to have him get it. They have been through all the other steps, and this was next. He has the chance to turn this around.

(also- rooting for ya, Sid! you can do this!)

Reaction Score
We are on the edge of making a run to the NCAA tournament. Give Sid a strong and aggressive lecture, tell him he’s lucky we are banged up or he’d be on the next bus to Brooklyn and then tell him to go put on his gd jersey before you change your mind. I’m tired of losing.

Reaction Score
Yeah -- no. It's Hurley's job to try to win. Playings games with not enough players because someone hasn't earned playing time is self-defeating. You have to field the best team you can.

Bad take. You don't change disciplinary measures because of the game. Ruins team culture. I'm guessing you haven't coached any high level teams--or at least coached them well

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We are on the edge of making a run to the NCAA tournament. Give Sid a strong and aggressive lecture, tell him he’s lucky we are banged up or he’d be on the next bus to Brooklyn and then tell him to go put on his gd jersey before you change your mind. I’m tired of losing.

Nope. You put his arse on the bench and watch the remaining six or seven play their tails off trying to survive and let Sid know his actions are directly affecting the on court performance.

Reaction Score
Nope. You put his arse on the bench and watch the remaining six or seven play their tails off trying to survive and let Sid know his actions are directly affecting the on court performance.

That’s old school. I want to inspire Sid to get out there and make me proud, not sit in his room and watch us lose. You can always tell him to find another school after the season if he doesn’t change.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
We're only making the NCAAs with an AAC tourney run. For this game, with the only real consequence being momentum, you sit Sid if the infraction merits it. You're trying to build a culture of responsibility and you need Sid to adopt that if he's actually going to help us win games.

As much as we all want to smack a ranked Houston on senior night, you don't push your chips in for a regular season game that doesn't drastically change your season.

Reaction Score
Ah, someone needs to tell Hurley that he hasn`t won anything yet. The four titles belong to Calhoun and Ollie. Let Sid suitup at least.
This is where you’re wrong! Hurley has won. He won over us as fans. Whatever he decides to do I’m fine with and will not criticize. He’s turned this team around as is and I’m sure him and the team will only keep getting better win or lose!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We really aren't that close to making the NCAAs, despite what folks on here profess. Plus, I think you'll see a ton of auto bid steals this year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That’s old school. I want to inspire Sid to get out there and make me proud, not sit in his room and watch us lose. You can always tell him to find another school after the season if he doesn’t change.

He's a knucklehead. There's no inspiring about it. If he couldn't be inspired on his umpteenth chance, than it's not worth it.

Reaction Score
I just wholeheartedly disagree with sitting Sid based on his being lazy given our roster. He just isn’t trying hard enough. However, this fan base is loving the wins and they want more. I want CV to have a shot at a huge win on senior night.

You give Sid a shot because winning is part of the culture. No one said you can’t rake him over the coals or even call him out in the locker room before the game, but we need players. Let’s win on the way out of this conference.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what Sid actually did?
Until then this thread sucks both ways.

I’m all for Hurley setting culture

I’m also all for giving the other 6 remaining Players who have fought their butts off through war of attrition, the best chance to beat the first place team in conference.

Reaction Score
We have no shot at winning the AAC Tourney without Sid. I’m not ready to concede it. I’m a whore for wins.

Reaction Score
Ah, someone needs to tell Hurley that he hasn`t won anything yet. The four titles belong to Calhoun and Ollie. Let Sid suitup at least.
What have you won to be able to tell Hurley what to do?

What did Sid do to be suspended, and how do you know the punishment has worked?

Reaction Score
I'll check this thread when I want to be reminded who here has coached and who hasn't.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what Sid actually did?
Until then this thread sucks both ways.

I’m all for Hurley setting culture

I’m also all for giving the other 6 remaining Players who have fought their butts off through war of attrition, the best chance to beat the first place team in conference.

I don't know exactly. But I know it ain't just "not practicing hard enough" for certain.

PM if anyone wants more info. Not too cool to put it in public

Reaction Score
We have no shot at winning the AAC Tourney without Sid. I’m not ready to concede it. I’m a whore for wins.

You realize we're not playing the AAC tournament yet, right?

Reaction Score
I don't know exactly. But I know it ain't just "not practicing hard enough" for certain.

PM if anyone wants more info. Not too cool to put it in public
Thought it was academics? No?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom