Boneyard inception? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Boneyard inception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't think there's been a mafia game on this new board yet. Where's Andrew and his green hat?

Reaction Score
Wandered into this place at some point in the 2001-2002 season. I may have started on the ESPN boards, and found my way over here. There was a regular poster with the handle Duzypies who i think recruited a few folks over here from espn.

It also seems like some of the regular posters migrate over to the politics board then disappear off the face of the earth.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ha. I'm "x". It's worth coming out now that Fishy has called me a genius. ... My memory of these events is vague but I remember espn eventually upgraded their defenses against electronic voting and that ended the ability of the Boneyard to dominate the Kentucky and Duke fanbases. ... In those days UConn was still considered an insurgent in college athletics. We need some of that attitude again, to help build the football program.
I salute you....
0.jpg

Reactions: pj

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
9) Charity - This site has renovated a van for a paralyzed man. Retrofitted a room to help two grandparents take care of a toddler paralyzed in an accident that killed his parents. Sent students to the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona. Acted as the message board for the Friends of UConn Football during the push to go DI. Raised $7,000 for the Jim Calhoun Cancer ride two years ago. Raised almost $35,000 for the Calhoun Cardiac Center...and I'm sure will raise some other astounding amount for the Cancer Ride this year.
Brett, CathyB and I started Huskymaniacs vs Cancer here on the Boneyard and raise over $30,000 - just from Boneyarders - over a space of about 3 or 4 years. It would still be going but we somehow got hijacked by JC and Geno's Hoops for Hope and, well, we know what happened to that.

And over on the football board, we decided to raise enough money to send a student to the Fiesta Bowl so there'd be a bigger crowd cheering for the Huskies. But the thing balooned and we raised something like $3500 and ended up sponsoring 4 students. I've got the pic of Skiblets and me with those guys somewhere.

I've been really impressed with Boneyarders' generosity through the years.

Reaction Score
I felt let out at the old BYC because I wasn't good at golf. I came on in the mid to late 90's. Graphics weren't pretty then, and text options were limited to capital letters. Since then my memory has gone kaputz, so reading this thread jogs it back for 10 minutes. I do remember the Championship game and asking if Langdon's walk should have been called. Amazing how that's the one and only post I remember from years gone by. I'm going to pop some ginkgo biloba, maybe overdose to see if that will help.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I'm addicted to the BONEYARD!

It feels like a frat house on the web!! :D

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Uh, hello? I sat behind you at the Fiesta Bowl.

OK, you got me. I think I have have actually met 2 boneyarders. As you said, I met you when you were behind me at the Feista Bowl. And I believe I met UConnAlumnOutWest a few years ago when I had an extra ticket for the football game at Indiana and I met him before the game to give him the ticket. So I have to fess up that I have physically met 2 of you. But my original thoughts on the topic still hold.:cool:

Reaction Score
My dad (Frank06830) helped keep the group going and came up with "The Boneyard" back in '95 or '96 while I was a cheerleader. I remember making hats with "UConnFan.com" stitched on them while in Arizona for the '99 Sweet 16/Elite 8 and getting a few knowing nods from other UConn fans at the games. Moved to California a few months later where spotting any UConn fan gear was cause for celebration.

I became a bigger fan, oddly enough, living in San Francisco where I realized how much my team meant to me and how hard it was to not see every game. I used to listen to games via Internet radio from my cubicle while I worked. That's when I first signed on as LeftCoastHusky and became an active Boneyard lurker. (Active lurker... oxymoron?) I'm no longer on the left coast but obviously kept the name.

Big thanks to my dad for making me a nutty sports fan!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
two words:woodchipper and duckies

Charlie Ryan aka zymurg

Hey zymurg, are you now gonna disappear on us for 6 months or are you staying?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
So, Beaner, did you survive your first post? May be a record for most responses ever!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
?????
I think I was absent that day!

1168.strip.gif

The meme is from a Connecticut divorce settlement, but every time I read woodchipper I think of this image.
And where is UConnHenry? He and McD who enlightened me to this place in '97.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom