Boneyard Benevolence - GoFundMe link added | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boneyard Benevolence - GoFundMe link added

Reaction Score
For the CCSU game one of our board members initiated a thread about a handicapped friend of his attending the game (see link below):

Handicapped Parking at Rentschler Field

Following discussions with him, we are attempting to repeat this with the addition of the two of them also attending a men’s basketball game. They were looking at November 4 for the football game against UMass and November 7 for the basketball game against Stonybrook.

I have already committed to contributing two seats and a parking pass to the football game (along with additional cash to help cover costs). The sticking point at the moment is the cost of the handicap accessible van, which incrementally is not much more for the few days needed for both events than it would be for one day. The estimate on the van is $568.25 which is what I am hoping we can cover through the generosity of fellow boneyarders. If the board can reach $500 I will cover the additional amount.

My thinking is that if we ask for small donations (either 20 members at $25 each or 25 members at $20 each) we can easily reach our goal. If someone wants to contribute more (either with multiples of the incremental amount, tickets to the basketball game, additional funds for snacks, gas, etc), please comment on this in your response.

For now, I am only asking for verbal commitments (and further suggestions if anyone has any). Once we have a sufficient number of commitments we can determine the best means of moving the funds. I imagine that we will need to close this about two weeks before the van rental so I believe October 20, 2022 needs to be a firm deadline on commitments.

Thank you
In let me know how.

Reaction Score
For the CCSU game one of our board members initiated a thread about a handicapped friend of his attending the game (see link below):

Handicapped Parking at Rentschler Field

Following discussions with him, we are attempting to repeat this with the addition of the two of them also attending a men’s basketball game. They were looking at November 4 for the football game against UMass and November 7 for the basketball game against Stonybrook.

I have already committed to contributing two seats and a parking pass to the football game (along with additional cash to help cover costs). The sticking point at the moment is the cost of the handicap accessible van, which incrementally is not much more for the few days needed for both events than it would be for one day. The estimate on the van is $568.25 which is what I am hoping we can cover through the generosity of fellow boneyarders. If the board can reach $500 I will cover the additional amount.

My thinking is that if we ask for small donations (either 20 members at $25 each or 25 members at $20 each) we can easily reach our goal. If someone wants to contribute more (either with multiples of the incremental amount, tickets to the basketball game, additional funds for snacks, gas, etc), please comment on this in your response.

For now, I am only asking for verbal commitments (and further suggestions if anyone has any). Once we have a sufficient number of commitments we can determine the best means of moving the funds. I imagine that we will need to close this about two weeks before the van rental so I believe October 20, 2022 needs to be a firm deadline on commitments.

Thank you
Definitely in!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Another picture of Keith with Donovan Clingan. Keith is a true blue Husky fan.

B407DE39-960A-4B0A-9DF8-EA6104D1199B.jpeg

Reaction Score
I cut this from the op. "My thinking is that if we ask for small donations (either 20 members at $25 each or 25 members at $20 each) we can easily reach our goal. If someone wants to contribute more (either with multiples of the incremental amount, tickets to the basketball game, additional funds for snacks, gas, etc), please comment on this in your response."
So in my opinion any extra money should be used for snacks and gas. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
What happens with excess funds? Whatever they should be directed towards Keith!

It’s also posted on the MBB & the WBB Forums for potential funding for road-trips to a MBB & WBB game.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What happens with excess funds? Whatever they should be directed towards Keith!
For the purpose of full disclosure, prior to dm and email conversations initiated from the "Handicapped Parking" thread I did not know Paulmf. After conversations I can say unequivocally that he is as good as people get and he is doing wonderful things. I asked him to post some of it but he is far too humble (also grateful beyond description for the success of this thread).

In addition to being an incredible friend to Keith, he does some volunteer work. I do not believe that anything collected will go anywhere but what we set out to accomplish and perhaps, if we do well enough, he may be able to take Keith to more than one basketball game this season. As I type this I'm beginning to think about how to go about scheduling additional events.

If any who has pledged to this has second thoughts, let me know privately and I will discretely send money to cover whatever you donated. I don't want anyone having a negative view of this endeavor, it is a number of us helping out someone who was dealt a terrible hand and a friend of his who is doing the work of as n angel.

Reaction Score
It’s also posted on the MBB & the WBB Forums for potential funding for road-trips to a MBB & WBB game.

This is unbelievable. Like " restore your faith in mankind" kind of unbelievable!

In a perfect world, my master plan was/is to take Keith to the women's exhibition game on November 6th as well as the football game on the 4th and the men's game on the 6th. Reason being I will have the van rented from the 4th to thr 7th (returning it the morning of the 8th). As for the 5th, it's probably going to be a UConn hockey game or a Western New England football game. Victor Rosa's brother plays there and the Rosa family has been incredibly gracious to Keith. Might have to show Nate a little love.

Typically I have used my personal vehicle when taking Keith to events. He was able to pull himself out himself out of his wheelchair and execute a stand and pivot transfer. I kind of just scoop his legs up and swing them into the passenger seat.

Unfortunately, he had foot surgery in July and still can't put any weight on his right foot. The stand and pivot transfer is currently not an option. I know he's kind of depressed and feels like he's a prisoner at the rehab facility he's currently living at.

Currently, in order to get anywhere, he needs a handicap accessible van. That's how this whole thing started!!

Thank you again for your generosity and concern.

Paul

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Glad to see that the target has been blown away, I threw in some extra and am hoping it can be used to send Keith to more games! Whatever is needed, happy to help. Great work all!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom