Boneyard Benevolence - GoFundMe link added | The Boneyard

Boneyard Benevolence - GoFundMe link added

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
For the CCSU game one of our board members initiated a thread about a handicapped friend of his attending the game (see link below):

Handicapped Parking at Rentschler Field

Following discussions with him, we are attempting to repeat this with the addition of the two of them also attending a men’s basketball game. They were looking at November 4 for the football game against UMass and November 7 for the basketball game against Stonybrook.

I have already committed to contributing two seats and a parking pass to the football game (along with additional cash to help cover costs). The sticking point at the moment is the cost of the handicap accessible van, which incrementally is not much more for the few days needed for both events than it would be for one day. The estimate on the van is $568.25 which is what I am hoping we can cover through the generosity of fellow boneyarders. If the board can reach $500 I will cover the additional amount.

My thinking is that if we ask for small donations (either 20 members at $25 each or 25 members at $20 each) we can easily reach our goal. If someone wants to contribute more (either with multiples of the incremental amount, tickets to the basketball game, additional funds for snacks, gas, etc), please comment on this in your response.

For now, I am only asking for verbal commitments (and further suggestions if anyone has any). Once we have a sufficient number of commitments we can determine the best means of moving the funds. I imagine that we will need to close this about two weeks before the van rental so I believe October 20, 2022 needs to be a firm deadline on commitments.

Thank you

Reaction Score
For the CCSU game one of our board members initiated a thread about a handicapped friend of his attending the game (see link below):

Following discussions with him, we are attempting to repeat this with the addition of the two of them also attending a men’s basketball game. They were looking at November 4 for the football game against UMass and November 7 for the basketball game against Stonybrook.

I have already committed to contributing two seats and a parking pass to the football game (along with additional cash to help cover costs). The sticking point at the moment is the cost of the handicap accessible van, which incrementally is not much more for the few days needed for both events than it would be for one day. The estimate on the van is $568.25 which is what I am hoping we can cover through the generosity of fellow boneyarders. If the board can reach $500 I will cover the additional amount.

My thinking is that if we ask for small donations (either 20 members at $25 each or 25 members at $20 each) we can easily reach our goal. If someone wants to contribute more (either with multiples of the incremental amount, tickets to the basketball game, additional funds for snacks, gas, etc), please comment on this in your response.

For now, I am only asking for verbal commitments (and further suggestions if anyone has any). Once we have a sufficient number of commitments we can determine the best means of moving the funds. I imagine that we will need to close this about two weeks before the van rental so I believe October 20, 2022 needs to be a firm deadline on commitments.

Thank you

I’m in for $25. Venmo works fairly easily for payment.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm in for $50.

GoFundMe set up? Historically, if the money isn't received right away, you'll get far less than what's pledged. And a lot of people don't have Venmo or Zelle, and likely never will.
Doesn't GoFundMe take a huge cut?

I contacted @paulmf to provide venmo information. If we need to provide additional methods we'll figure it out.

@temery can you pin this.

Thanks

Reaction Score

Thank you
Hello Everyone-

First and foremost, I want to publicly thank FfldCntyFan for spearheading this initiative. And also the moderators for pinning this thread. I'm soo very appreciative.

Second, I want to thank those who have already offered to contribute. I'm humbled by your generosity.

I'm in the process of setting up a GoFundMe account. Still got a few kinks to work out, the biggest one being that I'm kind of an idiot when it comes to technology. :)

Jokes aside, I will have the account up shortly and will post it in this thread when it's "live".

Thanks again everybody!!!!

Paul

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
An easier way to do this is zelle or cash app. No fee to my knowledge if you wait a couple days to deposit it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Thank you
I’m willing to donate as well as collect donors’s funds and get them to you in time. Let me know.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I’m willing to donate as well as collect donors’s funds and get them to you in time. Let me know.
@paulmf please contact Nan on this.

Nan, thank you very much for your assistance!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom