Boeing Brown | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if boeing was on masuk and casey was at brookfield, you would be saying the same for casey. boeing has out performed many on the recruit trail infront of college coaches and his size/strenght is legit.

Reaction Score
Agreed.

The key to recruiting at the college level is projecting how a player will be, not looking at current stats. The fact that Brown is being so heavily recruited is indicative of his talents. There are many reasons he hasn't posted eye popping stats this season, and I believe they have been mentioned in this thread. The fact is, he projects very well at the next level. Watch him play.

Agreed as well and as well to your comment. I have seen Boeing Brown play, he was awesome at Bunnell and a man on an island against Newtown, scrambling and working to extend plays. The other teams are keying on him and he seems to not have any receivers this year, he literally hit ALL his passes in the WR's chest, hands, or even bounced one off the kids helmet and they are dropping easy and catchable passes. His speed, size, accuracy, and fact they now even have him playing defense at Safety supports how well he is doing in recruiting and in front of college coaches. He is big, fast, throws a great pass and loves UCONN. He is definitely D1 and big time, as another said if he had the Masuk offense he would be equal or better, you cannot choose your teammates and how they will play. I am not sure the coaches even know how to coach this kid, but he does stand out, seems to never quit, they tried to pull him from the Newtown game from getting hit so many times and he refused, he went right back out! Impressive!

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I want Boeing. I'm not worried about the numbers, and I just don't want him going OOS (out of state) and tearing it up too.

Reaction Score
I hope Boeing comes to UConn. He just has to let all this conference stuff get figured out. My guess is ACC but what do I know. I still feel UConn will be in a Good football conference regardless. He wants to get to NFL he will get noticed at UConn or anywhere else. Boeing stop by my Bar--1st and 10 Sports Bar & Grill, New Milford I have a Brookfield High Helmet I'd love to have you and any of the other guys on the Team Sign it. Good luck. Chuck

Reaction Score
He is definitely D1 and big time, as another said if he had the Masuk offense he would be equal or better, you cannot choose your teammates and how they will play. I am not sure the coaches even know how to coach this kid, but he does stand out, seems to never quit, they tried to pull him from the Newtown game from getting hit so many times and he refused, he went right back out! Impressive!

Great players, make other players around them better. I would assume Brown has worked with his receivers throughout the winter in passing leagues, through the spring and summer, leading up to this season, like other CTHS kids. So at this point in the season, he and his WRs should be on the same page. A catchable ball is.....a catchable ball. If the WRs can't catch, then make them linemen or DBs.

And for the record you can choose your teammates....Cochran did.

Reaction Score
Great players, make other players around them better. I would assume Brown has worked with his receivers throughout the winter in passing leagues, through the spring and summer, leading up to this season, like other CTHS kids. So at this point in the season, he and his WRs should be on the same page. A catchable ball is.....a catchable ball. If the WRs can't catch, then make them linemen or DBs.

And for the record you can choose your teammates....Cochran did.

Wow.

This is high school , not college or the pros. Boeing plays with the players that live in the city. That's how it works. I will not post links unless you want me too, but there is a huge list of players, even qb's who did not have eye opening stats in high school but enjoyed fine collegiate careers. A guy named Favre comes to mind. He turned out pretty good.

Obviously you have some sort of agenda. But lets say you don't. You obviously have seen him play. Why do you think he will not be successful. What do you think of his footwork and mechanics? Does he read defenses well?

Reaction Score
No agenda. I just don't think he is better then the QB's UConn has nor the one they already have coming in. Cochran plays the same competition, puts up huge numbers in half a game, and has "IT". Mechanics will only get you so far. Both have great footwork, and mechanics, but what separates them is Cochran's field awareness and pocket savvy. I will even go as far as saying, Cochran has the best mechanics of any QB I have ever seen play high school football in CT....And I've been following CTHS for more then 30 years, including 10 as a coach at one the most storied program in CTHS football.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
you coached football at laurelton hall?!?!?!?!

Reaction Score
and Kris1 said he has no agenda...lmao! Cochran had one offer, BC and that got pulled, then he got UCONN late, he has really no other D1 offers...he has a cannon arm, pocket presense but has NEVER been tested and he will be in college. He runs a 5.0/40 and from what I have seen with UCONN all season, ya gotta be able to run, move and cannot hope to sit 2-4 seconds 20-yards deep in a pocket. Boeing Brown has the attention and offers, he will prove to be a great College QB in the right program, if it is UCONN and I hope it is, he will do very well! He has great speed, deals with pressure and no matter how much you think working with WR's during off season matters, if they have no heart and give up or drop easy passes that hit them in the hands, chest and even helmet, not much more the QB can do. His coaches call ridiculous and predictable plays over and over, they limit what he can do, they do not clearly know how to coach a stud D1 Quarterback, I bet they never have had one until know...they run 70%. Boeing is a clearly diciplined and good kid, I would not expect him to CHOOSE his team like others....Respect, Sportsmanship, Honor and Hardwork, that is what matters....skills, mechanics, speed, strength and integrity are all part of this kids character and upbringing. I hope we get him, he will be good for the team, the fans, and in winning!

Reaction Score
So you're saying Boeing Brown is better then Cochran based on his size, athletic ability, and speed? Brookfield's WR's suck? Brookfield's coaches are terrible? And......Brown is so good he will start from day one? Is that right....Mr. Brown? You obviously know nothing about Casey Cochran and sadly you are labeling him based on who his father is. His father may be many things, but a bad father he is not. Casey is everything you feel Boeing Brown is and then some, more importantly he's a winner, with the rings to prove it. Furthermore, Casey is rated 3 stars, Brown NR on most boards. Brown who is suppose to hold multiple offers, is keeping them secret....why? My guess, there are no D1 offers. If there are...Shhhh! It's a secret. Besides it looks like Brown wants to play at South Carolina, from "The BigSpur".

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Boeing-Brown--4591233/1

Wondering if anyone knows anything about him? Seems to sure like us.
per PK.
USC quarterbacks coach GA Mangus is starting to build his target list at the position for the 2013 class and one prospect he’s interested in is Boeing Brown (6-4 215) of Brookfield, CT. Brown has had various forms of contact with Mangus in recent weeks and the two are just starting to build a relationship. “I’d love to get an offer from South Carolina and see what happens” Brown said. “The tradition is amazing. I would love to play for Coach Spurrier. And my mom has family in Charleston. If South Carolina were to offer me I would commit on the spot.” USC wanted him to come to camp last June but because he didn’t get out of school until late in the month, he couldn’t make it down. He plans to come down to USC for a visit in November. He’s going to Penn State for the Iowa game and Illinois wants him to visit. He camped at Northwestern last summer and also visited Notre Dame. Mangus and Spurrier aren’t the only attractions to USC for Brown. Thru a third person he made contact with Gamecock quarterback Stephen Garcia and the two have struck up a friendship. “We’re friends thru Facebook and Twitter,” Brown said. “He’s become like a mentor. I really like his style. I won’t quit either (on the field). It’s the same mentality. He’s where I want to end up being.” Brown has also been getting a lot of attention from Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois and Northwestern. He also was recently contacted thru the mail and Facebook by Clemson. As for his unique first name, Brown explained that his grandfather was one of the first pilots hired by American Airlines, and his dad also is a pilot and is involved in the aviation business. Last season Brown passed for 1511 yards, 18 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. In two games this season he’s passed for 500 yards and 2 scores.
Investors Business Daily just posted this article on Boeing Brown. In addition, Boeing was selected to the USA Football U19 Team Trials and did the trial in Marietta, GA where Eddie Printz was also one of the 30 young QB's (they matched up very well in size, mechanics, etc) and Boeing was in the Top 5. He was selected as an early All American with Offense-Defense and will be playing in their O-D Bowl this December as a Junior. He really likes South Carolina and if offered would commit. He is 6'3" and 215, runs a 4.6/40 verified with UCONN camp and Schuman's NUC combines this summer. Boeing was named a Schuman's NUC Elite Top Prospect and has earned the Spiewak Max Preps Junior 2013 Recruiting Award. He has been identified by Tom Lemming as a 2013 Top Prospect in the Lemming Prep Report for 2011 and invited to the exclusive Junior Rank/Semper Fi All American Trials by Tom Lemming directly. He has mobility, accuracy, can pass over 65 yards and hits the D1 outside come-back routes masterfully after working all summer at UCONN, Northwestern, Notre Dame and other camps to make that his focus. He is calling own plays from audibles, is capable as a Run-Read and gives you the Pro-Style Pocket Passer as well. He plays on a running team mostly in a State with Scoring limitation rules (cannot beat an opponent by more than 50) so he will not show the Stats of other QB's but he has the size, D1 intelligence and comes from a football family. He is a Florida cracker, raised in Yankee-land. He has family in Winston Salem, Charlotte, Charleston, and Jacksonville. His Father played for UCF in Orlando in the 1980's. He loves the Gamecocks, if given the opportunity!
Boeing has great character, as he founded a chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes at his school and is active in prayer sharing, he is an honor roll student athlete with a 3.57/4.00 GPA, plays Basketball, runs Track and Field and has a younger brother and sister. He wants to be a History Major and then Coach HS football and Basketball one day....

There are a few things that stood out in these posts. Brown would love to head back down south and play for Coach Spurrier. Two, as bad as you seem to think Brookfield's Coaches are, it seems that Brown calls his own plays from audibles at the line of scrimmage. Obviously, that info comes from someone close to the Brown. No coach would divulge that information. Therefore, he can only blame himself for dropped balls, since he checks to those plays based on alignment and coverage. Three, he threw for 500 yards and 2 scores, in two games this season. That means, if my math is good (I attended public school, so it could be wrong) in the other 6 games he's thrown for 480 yards, 5 scores, and 7 INTs. Uhh....He probably shouldn't be calling his own plays. I apologize, you might be right about the Brookfield coaches.

Reaction Score
Not sure this is appropriate to attack recruits.... for the record, Brown (2013) is ranked an 89 - 3-star (19 in pos and 2nd in state) and Cochran (2012) is ranked an 85 - 3-star (26 in pos and 1st in state). I have no idea about who calls plays, not sure how you can post something where you insult the kid based on your "Assuming" but at the games I saw, he came to the sidelines on every play and was given plays, even wondered if that wears a kid out, I did not see him calling his own plays, you cannot blame a QB for WR's dropping passes in and out of hands, chest or even hitting him on the helmet. Clearly you have a personal beef against Boeing, and your post seems incorrect and you are making stuff up to cut into this kid. I think we should not do that to any recruit, Cochran is definitely the 2012 man in CT, he has earned his #1 status and did earn two State Championships. I do not know enough about him beyond rumors to argue good or bad, he does have a strong arm and they do win. I simply feel that for 2013 class, Boeing Brown is our best recruit and if not us, as you pointed out, another D1 program will get him...so I would rather see him stay home!

http://247sports.com/Player/Boeing-Brown-14706?pi=6118
http://247sports.com/Player/Casey-Cochran-9157?pi=6123

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Brown and Cochran should settle this debate on the UConn football practice fields over the next few years.

Reaction Score
Why? What has Kris1 said that is either untrue or insulting towards Boeing?
Thank you Nan. I have not insulted Boeing once. My opinion is based on what I've read and seen. The only way I/we have to compare he and Cochran is based on competition. Fortunately, they are in the same league and have faced similar opponents. As Bill Parcel's always says, "Stats don't lie." I'm sure Brown is a great kid and I wish him well. However, I don't think he's better then the QB's we have nor Cochran. Personally, I don't care how high they are ranked in the recruiting circles. Dobbs, for example, was a relative unknown on the national recruiting circuit, he lights it up at Milford against quality comp and is now 4 stars and soared up the national recruiting charts. Recruiting is a business, companies make millions of dollars to market these kids on a national level. Dobbs was unknown because he didn't attend all the camps and combines like Brown and Cochran. He goes to Milford Academy, where Coach Chaplick, has a track record and connections with D1 schoools across the country. He becomes relevant. Brown, himself used multimedia services, like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, to get his name out there. Therefore, I don't put much stock in a kids rating. Like I said before, great players find ways to win regardless of how bad his WRs are, or how, "His coaches call ridiculous and predictable plays over and over, they limit what he can do, they do not clearly know how to coach a stud D1 Quarterback, I bet they never have had one until know...they run 70%." (Your words, not mine.) Dobbs, again, is a great example. Last season he was a one-man show at Ansonia, everybody in the stadium knew he was going to get the ball (30-40 times). He not only carried the ball, he carried his young inexperienced team on his back into the Class S title game and did everything he could...in a losing effort...never pointing fingers...never making excuses, to win that game. That's the kind of kid I want to see at UConn. Cochran, who has won two State Titles already. Including one as a freshman, when he was thrust into that situation because of an injury to Jordan Reed (New London/Florida). He knows how to win....That's the kind of kid I want at UConn. It's obvious, CTFootball95, you have a relationship/connection with Brown. I only hope it is "you" who is saying the negative things about his teammates and coaches. I will give Boeing the benefit of the doubt on this one and wish him well.

Reaction Score
I am not related to and do not personally know Boeing Brown, my comments are my own! I have seen him play and follow him on Twitter, I think your comments here are completely unfair to the kid.

Reaction Score
Are you kidding me? Boeing is a 16 year old, hard working young man, doing all he needs to do in school and sports. He likes UCONN and we are looking at all options. Save your wild speculations for NFL players. He loves his team, coaches, and teammates. He's never said anything negative about them, the TEAM has had missed opportunities, not just any one player. I do not know how you get your information, but a great deal from both of the last two posters are not correct! Thank God he does not read this board. Boeing is friends with Casey, they have trained during off season together, we know and like the family. Enough already! Thank you.

Reaction Score
No disrespect, cbrown but this is a message board, and unfortunately things whether fair or not will be posted and Boeing and Casey will undoubtedly be compared. I apologize if you feel that way. However, I have never once said anything negative about Boeing nor will I. I simply stated my opinion and questioned his recruitment by UConn. That is absolutely true and I am entitled to that. My speculation in the above post was taken directly from a blog on a South Carolina board in which Boeing was directly quoted and in response to CTFootball95. If those quotes were not from Boeing or his representative(s) then that is an entirely different issue, he and his family may have to look into. I stated nothing that wasn't directly quoted, is public knowledge, or isn't statistically finite. Again, my apologies and I wish Boeing well.

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/playe...hlete4id=8983df98-07d2-4c58-963b-7c145aa2fca5

Reaction Score
No agenda. I just don't think he is better then the QB's UConn has nor the one they already have coming in. Cochran plays the same competition, puts up huge numbers in half a game, and has "IT". Mechanics will only get you so far. Both have great footwork, and mechanics, but what separates them is Cochran's field awareness and pocket savvy. I will even go as far as saying, Cochran has the best mechanics of any QB I have ever seen play high school football in CT....And I've been following CTHS for more then 30 years, including 10 as a coach at one the most storied program in CTHS football.
That is great to hear. Because I agree, there is a heck of a lot more to being a QB than size and mechanics. You see this all the time when you watch a lot of football in the some of the non major conferences. Like that kid from Western Michigan that lit us up this year. You watch and wonder, why can't we find a kid like that? A kid who just knows how to play back yard football, who knows how to win. That's what I think you get in Casey Cochran. I'm not crowning him the next Kellen Moore. But I think he's a lot closer to that model that what we've had here since Dan O.

Reaction Score
First off, Mr. Brown, welcome to this board. I wish you, your son and the rest of your family the very best in this exciting time of college selection. As a UCONN alumn and long-time fan I can tell you that all of my experience at UCONN has been a wonderful part of my life. Boeing sounds like a wonderful young man and UCONN will be fortunate to add such a member to its community.

Second, I must say, that it absolutely amazes me what people will post about young people on these boards. That these are 16,17, 18 year old kids seems to be forgotten as posts proliferate as if these are NFL players. Maxpreps, Scout and Rivals are interested in one thing and one thing only. Subscriptions and eyeballs for advertising. They care nothing about the fact that their subject matter are young people completely inexperienced in dealing with the media.

And kris1, just because you read it somewhere else does not mean it's accurate and does not justify spreading the information or miss-information - as the case may be. Why don't we just welcome prospective recruits to UCONN and see how they do once they get on the field here?

Reaction Score
Uconndogs - We can only hope your voice of reason prevails. but sadly there will always be posters hiding behind an anonymous Internet handle (you know who you are) that will belittle 17 or 18 year old young men.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And others that use multiple handles to repeat themselves as many times as they can.

Reaction Score
uconndogs said:

"And kris1, just because you read it somewhere else does not mean it's accurate and does not justify spreading the information or miss-information - as the case may be. Why don't we just welcome prospective recruits to UCONN and see how they do once they get on the field here?"

I haven't belittled anyone. His stats are what they are. As a former coach I have dealt with MaxPreps. Only someone, usually a coach, with access (a password is necessary) to a teams site can input statistics. So, if those numbers are wrong. Someone else is to blame. Based on my experience, the numbers are coming directly from someone in the Brookfield program. Therefore, I perceive them to be accurate and true. I, personally, think there are other CT kids who may not be represented by scouting services or highly rated, who I've seen play, that again in my opinion are better. I didn't just read this story and make things up. They were quotes given by Brown. So, as I said earlier, if Boeing was misquoted, then he is being misrepresented by someone. There are plenty of QBs who pass the eye test, but once thrust into the spotlight can't perform. It's not always about the physical tools.

I've looked at the numbers a bit more to see if my point was justified. I don't put stock in passing leagues and various summer camps. They do not simulate game situations. There's no rush, no pressure, no ad libbing when protection breaks down. What I found was, and you can check the numbers, and it may justify why Brookfield's coaches don't commit to passing the ball. Over the last two seasons, in games Brown has more then 15 pass attempts, his completion percentage is 50% or below. Except for the Bunnell game this season (55%). Furthermore, if you look at each game, he struggles against the top tier SWC teams and teams that bring pressure (i.e., Masuk, Pomperaug, Newtown, and New London in the playoffs). It's a big red flag to me and he doesn't tuck the ball and run as much as you'd think. The speed and pressure increase dramatically on the D1 level. The numbers speak for themselves.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/ue_ynSe4NUenzzPq4R-M4w/football-fall-10/stats-boeing-brown.htm
http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/T_01PEIkME6RoOCVNHFrqg/football-fall-11/stats-boeing-brown.htm

Here's how Brown and Cochran compare the last two seasons:
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/playe...hlete2id=05d2e768-99f5-4fb2-83e6-3748419726a7
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/playe...hlete2id=05d2e768-99f5-4fb2-83e6-3748419726a7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom