Boeing Brown | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not an expert on this subject and was wondering if someone could help answer this. It seems like Boeing has taken multiple unofficial visits to schools. My questions are, isn't there a maximum number of official visits potential recruits are allowed to make? Is there a specific time period where institutions are allowed to host recruits on official visits? And lastly, has Boeing taken any official visits yet? Thanks.
He can take as many unofficial visits as he likes, where he/family gets him to the campus. I believe the school can provide tickets to the game.

They get 5 "official" visits, where the school pays your travel, meals, and lodging, and usually sets you up with a player/football admin type host for the visit. Also includes meetings with academic advisors, tours of campus and facilities, tix to a FB or BB game (if they're home), group dinner with coaches, one on one time with your recruiter, one on one time w/ your position coach, one on one time with your Coordinator (depending on if you play O or D). It's as much of an interview for them as it is for you. All sorts of questions about you as a person, not just you as a player. Finally a one on one meeting with the head coach, usually the last morning of the visit - to try and close you and get a verbal committment. Generally they pull out all the stops on these official visits, within the NCAA rules (for the most part).

Reaction Score
Thanks for clarifying. So as long as a prospect has the wherewithal, he can unofficially visit as many schools as he likes. There is nothing substantive to these at all (beyond the tickets) because no contact with the coaches is permitted. I was confused about differences allowed (in both visits and contact) for Junior and Senior year.

Last question: Official visits are not permitted until after 9/1 of the prospects Senior year. I can't recall the exact date that Casey Cochran committed but I'm wondering if he utilized any of his official visits to other schools besides UConn? Thanks.

Reaction Score
http://www.goupstate.com/article/20111122/PSPORTS02/111129896/-1/PSPORTS

Two junior QBS visiting USC Saturday

By Phil Kornblut

Among the many prospects expected to visit USC Saturday for the Clemson game are two of the top quarterback prospects on the Gamecocks' board for 2013, Eddie Prinz of Marietta, GA and Boeing Brown of Brookfield, CT. Prinz committed in September to SMU but is still looking at other schools. Clemson also has shown interest in him. Brown also is drawing interest from Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Illinois, Northwestern, Connecticut, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss. Neither player has been offered by the Gamecocks who also are interested in QB Kevin Olsen of Wayne Hills, NJ. He is the brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen. USC quarterbacks coach and recruiter GA Mangus is scheduled to scout Olsen next week.

Reaction Score
Brookfield ended their season with a loss to rival Bethel (7-3), by a score of 40-21. Brown was 14-31, 206 yds, TD, INT. Brown's stats for the season: 81-168 (48%), 1332 yds, 10 Tds, 9 Ints, 75 QBR

Bethel's victory earned them a date in the Class M playoffs Tuesday at Ansonia (11-0). Ansonia's Arkeel Newsome, only a sophomore, is already rewriting the CT Record Books. In Ansonia's victory over Naugatuck, Newsome scored his state record 50th Td of the season (Alex Thomas/Ansonia/Yale-47 Tds) and broke the single season scoring record (Tim Washington/Bristol Central/Syracuse-294 pts.). Newsome has 314 pts on the season. In 11 games, he has rushed 223 times for 2776 yds with 46 Tds on the ground. He has 3 Tds receiving and one on a punt return. He has also thrown a Td. http://youtu.be/SAG-GUzfSLQ

Casey Cochran on the season is 108-144 (75%), 2640 yds, 35 Tds, 4 Ints, 150 QBR. Masuk (10-0) will host North Haven (9-1) on Tuesday at Trumbull High.

Reaction Score
You have made your point Kris1, you do NOT like or respect Boeing. You are comparing totally different opportunities, programs, school sizes/classes and teams and labeling it all onto one player for each team. Stats are not everything in recruiting, Boeing is a legit D1 potential QB, works hard and there are a lot of colleges looking at him, it is noted you do not like him. Regardless he is a good kid, heck of a player and leader and in my opinion, UCONN would be lucky to get him!

Reaction Score
The thought that you can rate a high school player as a college prospect more by statistics than by what the college recruiters think of him is, frankly, idiotic.

Reaction Score
The kid doesn't want to come here, he wants South Carolina, so I don't think kris will need to worry.

I will admit, while stats are fairly meaningless at that level...48% is pretty alarming.

Reaction Score
You have made your point Kris1, you do NOT like or respect Boeing. You are comparing totally different opportunities, programs, school sizes/classes and teams and labeling it all onto one player for each team. Stats are not everything in recruiting, Boeing is a legit D1 potential QB, works hard and there are a lot of colleges looking at him, it is noted you do not like him. Regardless he is a good kid, heck of a player and leader and in my opinion, UCONN would be lucky to get him!
Why can't you compare Brown and Cochran on the same level? They both play in the same league against the same competition. They may play in 2 different offenses but I would hope the Brookfield coach employs an O system that plays to the strength of his QB. If UConn doesn't offer Brown then it means that after an extensive evaluation (just like they did with Cochran) DeLeone decided that he didn't fit the program. Just remember that UConn had offered other QB's for the 2011 class before they offered Cochran.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree with Bus Lawyer. The SWC is considered one of the weaker high school football conferences in Connecticut. Unless the Brookfield head coach is running the wishbone, I tend to agree with the early post regarding stats. One would think that a D1 caliber QB would generate higher offensive #'s.

There were many patsies on the schedule this year.

Reaction Score
Brookfield does run wishbone nearly 50%-70% or more, so that is a fact. It does not work. They have one of the best running backs in the state in Leaon Gordon and another big kid as well. They ran wishbone too often it seems, they also had a number of passes dropped when hitting kids in the numbers. They ran bone vs Pomperaug, Bunnell, Weston, and Bethel and lost. Bethel game was a perfect example, seems like young receivers or something. Even Bethel fans were commenting how they could not believe how many perfect passes were dropped, it was ugly. All but perhaps two were easily catchable and hit the WR's in the hands, like they heard footsteps. Brookfield does not have the weapons at WR that Masuk or Bunnell has had the last two years. Last year they had All-State Brian Kelly, he was the difference maker, great hands, speed and ability to adjust and run great pass routes. Arguably Masuk had the easiest schedule in the SWC this year.

Reaction Score
What about Tim Boyle? Seems to be a better in state recruit, he is 6'4 200 and already has two offers from BC and Syracuse. Also looks as if Brown is set on South Carolina. Surprised Brown doesn't have any offers yet I guess the coaches do know more then us fans lol.

Reaction Score
I do not think Boeing Brown has decided on any college yet, he has been to UCONN four times this season, speaks highly of UCONN in his interviews and camped there. The funny part is people on these boards once criticized when he (or any recruit) did not go look or get offers from others and was only looking at UCONN and now when he is out being looked at and courted by other colleges, people seem to count him out. Clearly some don't see in him what coaches and others do, but he is only as good as those around him and the plays they call. He is a great kid from my perspective. Anyway, he seems to have a solid Off Season planned - I hope UCONN gets him....

Brown has also made plans to attend various DI college one-day evaluation camps in June and July, including South Carolina, N.C. State, Penn State, Illinois, Michigan State, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Maryland, UConn, Nebraska and Wisconsin. - Housatonic Times, Friday Dec. 2, 2011.

http://www.housatonictimes.com/arti...4ed7f73ee4b63293680003.txt?viewmode=fullstory

http://www.housatonictimes.com/articles/2011/12/02/sports/brookfield/doc4ed7f4d8f4086261612051.txt - Nice article to help summarize the Brookfield Season in some ways. Boeing Brown is quoted and seems very articulate.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Sean Marrinan has burried the hatchet with UConn over the Amari Spievy slight by then Edsall asst Rob Ambrose (yeah that guy who is now hc at Towson) now that P is HC.

What about Tim Boyle? Seems to be a better in state recruit, he is 6'4 200 and already has two offers from BC and Syracuse. Also looks as if Brown is set on South Carolina. Surprised Brown doesn't have any offers yet I guess the coaches do know more then us fans lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom