Boeing Brown | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boeing Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on what he said, I would not expect him to come here.....
Neither would I. Why on earth would he want to play in a conference run by people whose schools (the catholic bball only schools) don't even play the damned sport.

Reaction Score
Neither would I. Why on earth would he want to play in a conference run by people whose schools (the catholic bball only schools) don't even play the damned sport.
That'll be sorted out soon enough.

Reaction Score
I saw Boeing Brown and his family with the Recruiting Section for UCONN vs Syracuse, Saturday, he is a tall kid easily 6'3"+ and solid... His Dad is a big man too. Boeing would be a great pick up for UCONN. He is already rated a high 3-star at 89 (90 is 4-stars) on 247Sports, 1 more point and he is 4-star. I think he will rank 4-star on Scout.com. His twitter said he is playing in the Offense-Defense All-American Junior Bowl in Dallas Cowboys Stadium and made the roster for the USA Football U19 Team for IFAF june Games.... Seems like a good kid! (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5501661)

Reaction Score
I saw Boeing Brown and his family with the Recruiting Section for UCONN vs Syracuse, Saturday, he is a tall kid easily 6'3"+ and solid... His Dad is a big man too. Boeing would be a great pick up for UCONN. He is already rated a high 3-star at 89 (90 is 4-stars) on 247Sports, 1 more point and he is 4-star. I think he will rank 4-star on Scout.com. His twitter said he is playing in the Offense-Defense All-American Junior Bowl in Dallas Cowboys Stadium and made the roster for the USA Football U19 Team for IFAF june Games.... Seems like a good kid! (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5501661)

did you recognize any of the other recruits that were at the game?

Reaction Score

Yes, we were there and enjoyed the game. The staff, fans and players we visited with were all great. Thank you for the support and interest. Boeing is indeed playing in the O-D All-American Bowl and made the USA Football team for IFAF games. I'm amazed how much you follow or know about him, next time please say hello, always fun to talk football. What a great UCONN game beating Syracuse, Boeing, his little brother, and I really enjoyed it!

Reaction Score
IFAF? He's preparing for a World Football League! ;)

Congrats on his success. Hoping the coaching staff will hurry up!

Reaction Score
Seriously, some of you need to stop moping about our ability to attract solid recruits. We are getting solid recruits being a member of the "Big Least", as is. We're doing better than Washington State, for example. And they're part of the oh-so-mighty Pac-12.

Reaction Score
I haven't posted on this before and have never seen him play, but after reading all of these comments a few things are clear to me:

1. BB is a talented QB with a lot of upside potential
2. Our coaches are interested in him and he seems to like our coaches
3. He has a great family support system helping to guide him through this heady process.
4. He has been shown interest by other programs, some with greater prestige or more legendary coaches.
5. He will be playing in various all-star games that will expose him to even more programs.

So what's the problem? Whether we offer him early or not, he absolutely has to check out all his other options. You would advise your own son to do that. In the process of that adventure, he'll be expanding his contacts and experiencing sights he might never get to see.
In the end, after considering all the pros and cons, he'll make the difficult choice. It certainly doesn't sound like he needs to grab the first offer. I understand that teams can fill slots with other recruits if you delay the decision too long, but I like what he's doing. It's measured and it's smart.

I wish him all the best, but in the end, after checking out all the other pretty girls across town, I hope he comes to realize that UConn, the girl next door, is actually the right one for him!

Reaction Score
I'll tell you what, a big QB that can understand space and movement on the field, can move his feet, set and throw on target? That's the kind of guy that can make a huge impact on this program and compete for playing time from day 1. We've got a walk on QB starter and a red shirt frosh and true frosh on the roster that are just the very beginning of building a solid depth chart at that very, very important position on the field. Be nice to start building up a stable of QB's lined up and practicing and pushing each other, and all ready to step in and move this offense up and down the field year in and year out if their # is called. If they're home grown, even better, we're already bringing a home grown in for next season, be very nice to get another one lined up the year after. And watching the offense, nine weeks into this current era, one thing this offense under this mad scientist we've got now does - is produce open receivers. Got to line up the guys on the depth chart that can put the ball between the numbers.

Reaction Score
Academically, UConn > South Carolina. Penn State is in a total mess right now. Probably the worst "scandal" in collegiate sports history. So, it would be down to Northwestern and UConn. :D

Reaction Score
did you recognize any of the other recruits that were at the game?

Well I was in section 121 and they walked by, could not miss the BROOKFIELD on the back of letter jacket and Boeing on the front, hahaha...I also saw some kids from Ledyard, Brooklyn, and two really big looking line or DE sized kids. But no one I recognized or knew who they were per se.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
brooklyn? hope that was wayne morgan! i've wanted to land him for a while now. he got alot of big time school interest but it seems he want to stay in the tristate.

Reaction Score
brooklyn? hope that was wayne morgan! i've wanted to land him for a while now. he got alot of big time school interest but it seems he want to stay in the tristate.
big time prospect! can play corner/safety to a T'. very aggresive

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
yea ive read he is a great player with good football instincts. nyc football is slowly building and about ready to explode in a couple years. no one really has grabbed the market. with us being so close and doing so well for years bball wise i have faith the staff will do work in the future in the city. as far as i'm concerned nyc up to pk and east all up through new england should be uconn country! if we can land ten of the top 30 from that region each year that would be amazing. then hit your hot spots(nj/pa/dc/fl among others) and i bet our recruing will have never looked better.

Reaction Score
Love to see Brown & Cochran battle it out and then . . . for one or both to become the QB that gets this mess cleaned up. Maybe they start UConn on the road to becoming Quarterback U.

Reaction Score
Love to see Brown & Cochran battle it out and then . . . for one or both to become the QB that gets this mess cleaned up. Maybe they start UConn on the road to becoming Quarterback U.

I think that sounds like a good scenario, turn it all around given the current Quarterback musical chairs...Brown & Cochran would be a great combo to challenge and push each other!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
don't forget about boyle if boeing goes elsewhere. ct is stacked for 2013.

Reaction Score
Boyle has injury issues, not as strong or accurate as Cochran and Brown, not as fast or able to roll like Brown. But yeah there are some very good 2013 kids and Boyle is another good one. I hope HCPP offers soon...get the commit

Reaction Score
Boeing Brown has been named to the Offense-Defense All-American Roster for the Junior Bowl in Dallas Cowboys Stadium on December 31st, on ESPN....I did not even know they had these Bowl Games.

Attachments

• 2011O-DBowlPressRelease-BoeingBrown.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
No disrespect, but I don't get the whole love affair with Brown. The kid has not had a great year statistically. He's thrown more INTs (8) then TDs (7), has thrown for less then 1,000 yards in 7 games and is completing just 49% of his passes. With the players we already have (McCummings and Nebrich, in particular) and Cochran coming in (who I believe could be the starting QB next season), do we really need a kid who's struggled in a mediocre SWC this season? Just saying. I'd rather get a JC QB or take a real good look at the kid at Milford Academy (Berzinskas).

Reaction Score
No disrespect, but I don't get the whole love affair with Brown. The kid has not had a great year statistically. He's thrown more INTs (8) then TDs (7), has thrown for less then 1,000 yards in 7 games and is completing just 49% of his passes. With the players we already have (McCummings and Nebrich, in particular) and Cochran coming in (who I believe could be the starting QB next season), do we really need a kid who's struggled in a mediocre SWC this season? Just saying. I'd rather get a JC QB or take a real good look at the kid at Milford Academy (Berzinskas).

3 posts eh? I smell a troll.

Reaction Score
3 posts eh? I smell a troll.

Agreed.

The key to recruiting at the college level is projecting how a player will be, not looking at current stats. The fact that Brown is being so heavily recruited is indicative of his talents. There are many reasons he hasn't posted eye popping stats this season, and I believe they have been mentioned in this thread. The fact is, he projects very well at the next level. Watch him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom