Block C Helmet is back | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Block C Helmet is back

Reaction Score
The logo thing is a mix bag: I Think we could appease Many this wearing it 3 times

The UConn brand was so all over the place. Women's and Men's basketball had their own logo. Baseball had a C. Football had a block C. And we have a happy dog logo and the word "UConn cursive logo". We were all over the place with marketing, our logo situation was a mess. It confused TV & Media outlets as they would use the incorrect logos (ie woman's for men's logos on TV & internet scoreboards) I really could not recall a school that had so many different logos for each sport. Nike came up with a mean looking husky to become our brand and unique identifier. And I truly believe it was 100% the correct move.

And as much as us couch potatoes like the classier block C.... the kids, I would bet, want the mean looking dog on their helmets.

The Oregon stuff is crazy but we have seen that kids have committed to Oregon because they like Nike and the crazy unis. We need all the help we can get and we need the crazy unis and a mean dog...The Block C is for grandma & grandpa.

My two cents.I think each year/season we have a game where we explain the history, trailers etc..... of our program to the kids and we wear the Block C unis for a game. This will let us relive the glory days for a few games a year and still keep us current with the mean dog. I would push to wear the block C if we play an old big east team as a "throwback" game so to speak. We must wear the block C against Syracuse, USF and Cincy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The logo thing is a mix bag: I Think we could appease Many this wearing it 3 times

The UConn brand was so all over the place. Women's and Men's basketball had their own logo. Baseball had a C. Football had a block C. And we have a happy dog logo and the word "UConn cursive logo". We were all over the place with marketing, our logo situation was a mess. It confused TV & Media outlets as they would use the incorrect logos (ie woman's for men's logos on TV & internet scoreboards) I really could not recall a school that had so many different logos for each sport. Nike came up with a mean looking husky to become our brand and unique identifier. And I truly believe it was 100% the correct move.

And as much as us couch potatoes like the classier block C.... the kids, I would bet, want the mean looking dog on their helmets.

The Oregon stuff is crazy but we have seen that kids have committed to Oregon because they like Nike and the crazy unis. We need all the help we can get and we need the crazy unis and a mean dog...The Block C is for grandma & grandpa.

My two cents.I think each year/season we have a game where we explain the history, trailers etc..... of our program to the kids and we wear the Block C unis for a game. This will let us relive the glory days for a few games a year and still keep us current with the mean dog. I would push to wear the block C if we play an old big east team as a "throwback" game so to speak. We must wear the block C against Syracuse, USF and Cincy
I would have rather they kept the white husky tradition, more like this:
images

I do associate the block C with UConn's best years. It will be fun to have it back a few games.

Reaction Score
Def agree. Brutal look lol whatever it’s just one year but the blue shade looks different on the helmet as opposed to the jersey
I like that uni combo with the current white helmet

Reaction Score
That looks absolutely horrible....total JV hand me downs
Wouldn’t go that far
The helmet will definitely be a topic of conversation amongst the media. That’s not a bad thing.
This recruiting class looks good and 2019 has the potential to be even better.
I like the momentum being built here

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Def agree. Brutal look lol whatever it’s just one year but the blue shade looks different on the helmet as opposed to the jersey
It's a process. REv2 is just introducing the concept this year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
If you go with the blue C helmet, you've gotta go with an all-blue uni. They don't make sense with the white uni. At that point, just use the white helmet with the dog logo because I think that goes well with the white unis...

Reaction Score
No white helmet block C combo then? Thought that helmet looked sharp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom