Block C Helmet is back | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Block C Helmet is back

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The Block C is our version of the Nebraska "N"', the Tennessee "T", the Georgia "G", and the Oregon "O".

It's conservative, classy, traditional, excellent for marketing/branding purposes. There are many people in the central time zone who identify the Block C with UConn. Whereas they can't identify what college or high school is represented by our current Husky.

I highly doubt that.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The Block C is our version of the Nebraska "N"', the Tennessee "T", the Georgia "G", and the Oregon "O".

It's conservative, classy, traditional, excellent for marketing/branding purposes. There are many people in the central time zone who identify the Block C with UConn. Whereas they can't identify what college or high school is represented by our current Husky.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

From a FB sense this is correct. Randy originally picked it to imitate Big Ten styling. The big programs use a single letter.

A - Alabama, Arizona
F - Florida (alt)
G - UGA
H - Hawaii (not huge but known)
I - too many to note
M - Michigan, and Minnesota,
N - Nebraska
O - OSU (non helmet logo), Oregon
P - Purdue
R - Rutgers (not good, but in the B1G)
S - Stanford, NC State, Cuse (see R, but in the ACC)
T - Tennessee
U - Utah (in the B12)
V - Va Tech (VT)
W - Wisconsin, Washington, West Virginia (WV)
Y - BYU

Seeing as the C was unclaimed, it makes a lot of sense from a branding standpoint.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I do like the white helmet more, at least with these unis.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
From a FB sense this is correct. Randy originally picked it to imitate Big Ten styling. The big programs use a single letter.

A - Alabama, Arizona
F - Florida (alt)
G - UGA
H - Hawaii (not huge but known)
I - too many to note
M - Michigan, and Minnesota,
N - Nebraska
O - OSU (non helmet logo), Oregon
P - Purdue
R - Rutgers (not good, but in the B1G)
S - Stanford, NC State, Cuse (see R, but in the ACC)
T - Tennessee
U - Utah (in the B12)
V - Va Tech (VT)
W - Wisconsin, Washington, West Virginia (WV)
Y - BYU

Seeing as the C was unclaimed, it makes a lot of sense from a branding standpoint.
Yes. There are others that could claim the "C" (California, Colorado, Cincinnati) ... let's claim it first!

Reaction Score
if u put this helmet on the table for a team vote i bet the house this would win

Attachments

• uconndefaulthelmettwotonepng.png
    uconndefaulthelmettwotonepng.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 135

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yes. There are others that could claim the "C" (California, Colorado, Cincinnati) ... let's claim it first!

Cincinnati has used a 'C' logo for quite some time. Theirs is rather distinctive looking. Ours is more generic.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Cincinnati has used a 'C' logo for quite some time. Theirs is rather distinctive looking. Ours is more generic.
Cincy has a quirky C. Ours is generic with class.

The Chicago Bears are a blue blood NFL team and a generic "C" is good enough for them.

Reaction Score
Cincy has a quirky C. Ours is generic with class.

The Chicago Bears are a blue blood NFL team and a generic "C" is good enough for them.
The Bears stole their "C" from the University of Chicago, if I am correct, while the Green Bay Packers copied UGA.

These days, can't even name pro teams with a moniker already used. Has gotten really pathetic. UCF used to be the Citronauts, then the Golden Knights. Colleges other than UCF were prepared to sue the NHL Vegas Golden Knights.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Bears stole their "C" from the University of Chicago, if I am correct., while the Green Bay Packers copied UGA.

These days, can't even name pro teams with a moniker already used. Has gotten really pathetic. UCF used to be the Citronauts, then the Golden Knights. Colleges other than UCF were prepared to sue the NHL Vegas Golden Knights.

Vince Dooley took the G from the Packers.

I believe UGA still pays Green Bay for the use of the logo.

Reaction Score
The Bears stole their "C" from the University of Chicago, if I am correct, while the Green Bay Packers copied UGA.

Winnipeg Jets didn't have a problem with NYJ.

Reaction Score
Colleges other than UCF were prepared to sue the NHL Vegas Golden Knights.
Wrong footed, but perhaps you're thinking of objections to Vegas using the name of the U.S. Army's Golden Knights parachute team. The U.S. Army and USMA filed a complaint with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/sports/hockey/vegas-golden-knights-army-trademark.html

In response, "The (Vegas Golden Knights) hockey team (owned by a West Point graduate) noted in its statement that other Golden Knights trademark owners had also coexisted with the Army without problems. (Reports say that the hockey team cleared its name with Clarkson University in Potsdam, N.Y., which uses the Golden Knights name, as well as the University of Central Florida.)"

During the playing of our national anthem, central florida fans inexplicably yell Knights in place of night, i.e., "Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there". Apparently, they object to vegas fans inexplicably impersonating ucf fans. Go figure!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

“Citronauts”? What a cool name. They should have never changed it. Love the logo also...

Reaction Score
Wrong footed, but perhaps you're thinking of objections to Vegas using the name of the U.S. Army's Golden Knights parachute team. The U.S. Army and USMA filed a complaint with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office. www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/sports/hockey/vegas-golden-knights-army-trademark.html

In response, "The (Vegas Golden Knights) hockey team (owned by a West Point graduate) noted in its statement that other Golden Knights trademark owners had also coexisted with the Army without problems. (Reports say that the hockey team cleared its name with Clarkson University in Potsdam, N.Y., which uses the Golden Knights name, as well as the University of Central Florida.)"

During the playing of our national anthem, central florida fans inexplicably yell Knights in place of night, i.e., "Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there". Apparently, they object to vegas fans inexplicably impersonating ucf fans. Go figure!
NHL's Vegas Golden Knights denied trademark due to Upstate NY team with same name

That's what I am thinking about.

Reaction Score
Winnipeg Jets didn't have a problem with NYJ.
Seattle's NHL team won't consider the Metropolitans name because of the NY Mets. And the Seattle Metropolitans were the first American team to win the Stanley Cup.

The Winnipeg Jets existed not too long ago?

Reaction Score
BN-FW847_1205MA_P_20141205111327.jpg

Columbia in 2013. They now use their lion logo on helmets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom