Block C Helmet is back | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Block C Helmet is back

Reaction Score
Just okay, because the blues don't match.
This.. doesn't match one bit.. which makes it look off.. way off.. reminds me of my Dallas Cowboys with the start helmet the non matching white jersey... I hate that uni combo...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just okay, because the blues don't match.

Yes, and I hate blue jersey with blue pants. Football uniforms look best when the pants are not the same color as the jersey.

Reaction Score
Not sure why the block C can't just be shelved until next season? Those don't look good. Looks like a mess

It’s just for a couple games dog. I’ll take it with a beer and a W.

Hate to say it ... but a red helmet would actually work with the block c on these uniforms. Next years will look good.

Reaction Score

Hate to say it ... but a red helmet would actually work with the block c on these uniforms. Next years will look good.

I just think the current scheme looks fine enough to roll with 1 more year, then we can really turn the page with a full rebrand in 19' but whatever we go with, we go with. Won't lose any sleep over it.

Reaction Score
I just think the current scheme looks fine enough to roll with 1 more year, then we can really turn the page with a full rebrand in 19' but whatever we go with, we go with. Won't lose any sleep over it.
Exactly my thoughts. It feels like we’re forcing it, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score

Never would I want to see a UCONN team in a red helmet but that's just me....
Now a beer and a win is exactly the recipe needed to help all the poor souls worried about uniforms. When (not if ) the team starts winning the real fans will care less if they were playing in their pajamas. ;)

Reaction Score
I like the blue helmet, white shirt and blue pants but we have looked sharp in the all white unis on the road in the past.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Yes, and I hate blue jersey with blue pants. Football uniforms look best when the pants are not the same color as the jersey.
Correct.

Blue jersey and white pants is our best look. Blue jersey & blue pants looks high schoolish.

Luv the Block C. Now I can die happy.

Reaction Score
The block C needs an upgrade. I’m actually less excited about the move after seeing the photos.

Reaction Score
I assume the blue is the same as the jersey and its just a lighting issue in the photos.

Red trim around the C and I’m good with this. It would tie it into the rest of the unis better.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how anyone can think these look good with the current uniforms. The colors don't even match.

Why don't they just commit to full throwback uniforms for a game or two?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

This doesn't look good. However, this blue and blue works a lot better than the white on white Block C. That red stripe totally ruins the uni with the Block C

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Whatever us going on with the red/white markings on the current uniforms a problem in itself. It looks like bird markings, rather than standard uniform styling. That will be address next year.

A little red has to be added to Block C, to tie in the color scheme. Can be a pinstripe or similar to the uniform numbers. Even from a short distance you can not differentiate the white C from the gray/white outline. Change to red and it pops.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Whatever us going on with the red/white markings on the current uniforms a problem in itself. It looks like bird markings, rather than standard uniform styling. That will be address next year.

A little red has to be added to Block C, to tie in the color scheme. Can be a pinstripe or similar to the uniform numbers. Even from a short distance you can not differentiate the white C from the gray/white outline. Change to red and it pops.
Anyone have the skills to mock that up?

For me, I'd go white helmet, red stripe outline to tie it in, but that's not the Block C helmet, is it?

Reaction Score
Just start improving game day production even more this season with accompanying recruiting improvement, I'm good. Win a shocking 7 games (or surprising 6, 5, 4 ...) in 2018/9 sporting pink polka dot pants, sky blue tie die jerseys, and whatevah helmet, all good. Refine things a bit for 2019/20 with 7 wins or more, all good

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
upload_2018-6-14_14-12-19.png

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
The Block C is our version of the Nebraska "N"', the Tennessee "T", the Georgia "G", and the Oregon "O".

It's conservative, classy, traditional, excellent for marketing/branding purposes. There are many people in the central time zone who identify the Block C with UConn. Whereas they can't identify what college or high school is represented by our current Husky.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom