Block C Helmet is back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Block C Helmet is back

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Love the Block C. Would like a red stripe/pinstripe outline rather than the silver.

Reaction Score
These things are usually decals I thought? That's why you see helmets look that way at the senior bowl.

Reaction Score
About damn time. The program needs to reconnect to its traditions not continue to turn from them. It might seem like a small thing, but a high percentage of the fan base connects that helmet to winning and far better times. Hell I'd bring back Derp Dog on a helmet for 1 game to really blow people's minds.

Reaction Score
Love the helmets but yeah they won't look good paired with the jerseys. Both are different shades of blue and no red. Where I'm conflicted though is I like our current jerseys but they'll likely have to be altered.

EDIT: saw the tweet above, for this year it'll look a little goofy. Oh well at least 2019 we'll have it right

Reaction Score
I love it. I will say the white helmets will look off from the stands with the solver outline. But... I love me some block c

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Block C sells more gear.
It also sends a message.

It won't improve the record.
It won't (or shouldn't) affect preparation.

It will be better for the UConn FB brand.

huskiepride

New Kid On the block
Reaction Score
if anything we should try to collaborate with USF and Cincy to do like big east jersey throw back games this year and in the future. They could wear their old unis from the big east (if they have changed) and we will slap the C on the field for the home game against cincy!!! While also wearing our C helmets. I wish they would just bring the whole Uni back...

Reaction Score
I like to new logo, its grown on me. I like the Block C as well as that's what they wore in 2003 when I was a freshman on opening day at The Rent with the marching band. I'd love to see a game or two every year with throw back uniforms. If it is viable of course.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
if anything we should try to collaborate with USF and Cincy to do like big east jersey throw back games this year and in the future. They could wear their old unis from the big east (if they have changed) and we will slap the C on the field for the home game against cincy!!! While also wearing our C helmets. I wish they would just bring the whole Uni back...

While we're at it, bring back West Virginia, Louisville, Rutgers, Pitt, and Syracuse.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Curious question about helmets, do the players have two helmets, one the Block C and the second the normal helmet? Which helmet do they practice in? I can't believe you would wear a new helmet for the first time in a game.
The NFL mandates one helmet. A college player may have multiple helmets. There was an article a while back that says players will "break in" a helmet during practice leading up to a game. The game helmet is then painted and decalled a couple days before, and the player uses a different one for walkthrough and whatnot. UConn has Blue, white, and chrome helmets all with the Husky Dog. My guess is the husky dog blues are replaced with Block C blue(s) (Say it fast :D).

upload_2018-6-5_12-16-53.jpeg

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Too bad! The block C is unimaginative, boring, doesn't sell the image. Might as well go back to leather helmets if we are going to recreate the 1930s. Yuuuuuck!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom