Blaudschun: Warde interviewed for Michigan AD yesterday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: Warde interviewed for Michigan AD yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The timing of this actually makes complete sense. Herbst has been on a West coast swing this whole week meeting with alumni/donors. Now is as good a time as any to interview.

Reaction Score
Ollie can leave without paying the buyout if Warde leaves, but I don't think we need to worry about that. Right now, no one else is about to give him $3mm/year.
KO's not going anywhere until his daughter graduates HS

Reaction Score
Gimme someone who can get us into the P5

Hopefully that's the same hired AD that brings KO and the staff a big mans coach that will make Kentan and Amida really good big men. Because both the AD for the P5 and the big mans coach for these 2 would be magicians to succeed.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter in regard to CR. Herbst is dealing with that. She'll probably try to hire someone with some connections if she can but I'd bet she already has a candidate list. This has been a long time in the making.
Wtf is CR?????

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The timing of this actually makes complete sense. Herbst has been on a West coast swing this whole week meeting with alumni/donors. Now is as good a time as any to interview.

I doubt President Herbst is not aware of Manuel's appeal to Michigan. Covert interviewing is what you do when you're not happy with you $50k/ year job at The Hartford and take a meeting on your lunch break at Travelers for $55k. Manuel is operating on a slightly higher level.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody has mentioned he got us into hockey east which lead to us leading the country in hockey home attendance last year.

We've played a game in MSG every year since we left the big east with plans in place for that to continue over the next few years as well it appears.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can't believe nobody has mentioned he got us into hockey east which lead to us leading the country in hockey home attendance last year.

We've played a game in MSG every year since we left the big east with plans in place for that to continue over the next few years as well it appears.

Warde did some great things @ Buffalo and he's done a pretty darn good job here considering what Hathaway left us with. People are blinded by our conference situation, but that had a head of steam before he was hired in 2012.

Reaction Score
I doubt President Herbst is not aware of Manuel's appeal to Michigan. Covert interviewing is what you do when you're not happy with you $50k/ year job at The Hartford and take a meeting on your lunch break at Travelers for $55k. Manuel is operating on a slightly higher level.

Yesterday, I took my lunch break to Interview at Travelers. I currently work at The Hartford.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JC might be interim but would never take the full time gig. Susie would prob prefer a millenial rock star anyway.
Or someone who doesn't discourage donations to the athletic department.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Because it's that easy.

Damn, some of you are simple.
Never implied it's simplicity but that is THE only goal our AD and president should have at this moment. If Warde bounces then the next AD that we bring aboard will be a crucial move for us as we seek to get the hell out of our conference situation.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yesterday, I took my lunch break to Interview at Travelers. I currently work at The Hartford.
I've been watching you, Dave. Can you come into my office (I can't believe you fell for it!!!)?

In all seriousness, I'll bet your supervisor was none the wiser.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Would be hilarious, in a few years when no sports other than men's basketball are around, Jimmy C would be like "what there are other sports here? and I was supposed to tend to them? I duck**** up...."

Jim Calhoun afterwards:

When you watch this again, pretending JC is delivering the line, it's pretty funny.

Reaction Score
Touché

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Pshhh, way off! I work at Voya and make $42k!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Pshhh, way off! I work at Voya and make $42k!
If you think I am implying anything about a direct correlation between happiness and take-home-pay, then I am not the one who is way off. The two are not mutually exclusive.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If you think I am implying anything about a direct correlation between happiness and take-home-pay, then I am not the one who is way off. The two are not mutually exclusive.
woosh

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

he was making a joke. and an amusing one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom