Blaudschun: Warde interviewed for Michigan AD yesterday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Blaudschun: Warde interviewed for Michigan AD yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is there any reason to care about this news one way or the other, assuming the replacement isn't a trainwreck? He has been fine, but it seems like UCONN has done more for him than vice versa.

Hey, if he has any pull whatsoever in the B1G, maybe he can put in a good word for us.

Reaction Score
JC might be interim but would never take the full time gig. Susie would prob prefer a millenial rock star anyway.

Reaction Score
Ollie can leave without paying the buyout if Warde leaves, but I don't think we need to worry about that. Right now, no one else is about to give him $3mm/year.
I disagree. I bet there are a some NBA teams and a few college programs that would love to have him even at $3m

Reaction Score
It'll be Tranghese's job if he wants it but think he's past that at this stage in his life.

Reaction Score
AD recruiting isn't exactly publicized like bball recruits, but anyone have ideas on who we might look to in the seemingly likely scenario that warde is gone?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He, to me, has been blah
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out BUT you better vote to have UConn join your conference
It would be stupid to think he would stay here anyway
Again, what has he really done?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
FWIW, Warde did a fine job with the coaches

although CR couldn't have gone worse

Reaction Score
He hired Ollie and Diaco.
Ollie won a NC and is considered a top coach in the nation, notwithstanding our current slump.
Diaco got the team to a bowl and the prospects look good.

When people say, "he hasn't done much for the school," what is it that they wanted? Far as I can see, if he preserves basketball and improves football, that's 90% of the job.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ollie won a NC and is considered a top coach in the nation, notwithstanding our current slump.

When people say, "he hasn't done much for the school," what is it that they wanted? Far as I can see, if he preserves basketball and improves football, that's 90% of the job.
I agree - I think Warde did a great job. I'll be bummed if/when he goes to Michigan. Sadly, UCONN is not a destination school, no matter how much we wish it to be. Edsell left for "greener pastures" in Maryland. Warde may leave for greener pastures in Michigan. I know Diaco won't last here forever, but hopefully long enough to get us to a new conference. Not holding my breath though. Still, it's essential that all our major sports, especially football, are good...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

No problem with Warde at all, but Ollie was all Calhoun. Warde re-upped when it looked like Ollie could be successful. That was a zero risk hire, because even if Ollie then failed, he could still blame JC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He, to me, has been blah
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out BUT you better vote to have UConn join your conference
It would be stupid to think he would stay here anyway
Again, what has he really done?
at least half joking right?

Reaction Score

He deserves zero, maybe negative credit for the Ollie hire. Diaco looks like a good, maybe great hire. He failed to get us into a good conference. Some good, some bad, no needed to rip on him, but I won't grieve this loss.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He deserves zero, maybe negative credit for the Ollie hire. Diaco looks like a good, maybe great hire. He failed to get us into a good conference. Some good, some bad, no needed to rip on him, but I won't grieve this loss.

Can't remember disagreeing with you before, but I think Warde handled Ollie 90% perfectly. Calhoun forced him into a corner, but Warde gave KO a fair shot and his support, and extended him pretty darn quickly. I would have extended KO a smidge earlier, but no real complaints.

Reaction Score
Can't remember disagreeing with you before, but I think Warde handled Ollie 90% perfectly. Calhoun forced him into a corner, but Warde gave KO a fair shot and his support, and extended him pretty darn quickly. I would have extended KO a smidge earlier, but no real complaints.

Fair enough. I don't particularly think Warde did anything wrong and was probably phrased my thoughts too harshly, but I can't exactly credit him with the hire when it was all JC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom