Big Ten WBB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big Ten WBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Rutgers can be graded at the moment, because of all the things we don't know. We did have some really good talent from the transfer portal.

I'm really looking at Lasha Petree as one who will shock people, she scored 33 against Texas in the NCAAs last year. She's long and athletic so I think she'll really fit in our style really well.

It's both exciting and scary to have so many unknowns about what this team will look like.

Another thing is whether or not CVS will be back, as Coach Eatman tends to press more than CVS in the times he has stepped in in the past.

Reaction Score
Maryland has quite the 3 game stretch in November - Baylor @ home, NC State then Stanford (in the Bahamas) and then they play @ South Carolina in December. I definitely could see them cracking the top 3 depending on how those games go (I could also easily see them lose at least 3 of those games) and props on Brenda for (reading the BY? :cool:) and scheduling tougher...can this season just start??

Reaction Score
Maryland has quite the 3 game stretch in November - Baylor @ home, NC State then Stanford (in the Bahamas) and then they play @ South Carolina in December. I definitely could see them cracking the top 3 depending on how those games go (I could also easily see them lose at least 3 of those games) and props on Brenda for (reading the BY? :cool:) and scheduling tougher...can this season just start??
I can see Maryland going 3-1 and also 1-3.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Brenda has been scheduling tougher for the last few years. Last year managed to schedule Arkansas and Missouri State when travel options were limited by COVID. The year before she played South Carolina and NC State. The year before played South Carolina, Georgia, and Georgia Tech.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't think Rutgers can be graded at the moment, because of all the things we don't know. We did have some really good talent from the transfer portal.

I'm really looking at Lasha Petree as one who will shock people, she scored 33 against Texas in the NCAAs last year. She's long and athletic so I think she'll really fit in our style really well.

It's both exciting and scary to have so many unknowns about what this team will look like.

Another thing is whether or not CVS will be back, as Coach Eatman tends to press more than CVS in the times he has stepped in in the past.
100% agree that it is almost impossible to know how they might do.

I think Coach E has a stronger offensive tendency than CVS in the games I saw him do on TV. Pressing to lead to quick offense, I suppose.

I am looking forward to cheering RU on from out west. Also really looking forward to the Wildcats here.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Watched part of the Nebraska exhibition game on BTN+ replay. Jaz Shelley looked really good and was clearly a team leader. Was strange to see her in a starring role after being a role player with different teams at Oregon. It was also strange to see Nebraska without 6'5'' Kate Cain holding down the paint on defense. She had been a fixture in their lineup for many years it feels like.

Sam Haiby didn't check in until the 2nd quarter because she was taking an anatomy exam. Assured the media that this was only because it was an exhibition game and that that will not happen during the regular season.

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell did not play in OSU's exhibition game tonight. I do not know if that means her waiver for immediate eligibility has been denied, or if they are still awaiting the final decision.

Reaction Score
Taylor Mikesell did not play in OSU's exhibition game tonight. I do not know if that means her waiver for immediate eligibility has been denied, or if they are still awaiting the final decision.
Has anyone applied for more waivers than Miksell I’m sure the committee is tired of hearing from her

Reaction Score
Wow that is a brutal run right there. But Maryland could go 3-1, 1-3, or 0-4. Just depends on how locked in and focused they are.

Reaction Score

This is unfortunate. Recall she enrolled early taking advantage of the extra year. Wishing her a speed recovery.

Dang! Hoping for a speedy recovery as well. She was looking to be a decent player in the rotation this year. Love her energy and aggressive mindset.

Reaction Score
Okay, who had Michigan having to go to overtime to win against IUPUI on their bingo card? I see that Hillmon logged 43 minutes. WOW.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Okay, who had Michigan having to go to overtime to win against IUPUI on their bingo card? I see that Hillmon logged 43 minutes. WOW.
I posted this in this weeks game recaps-IUPUI is the unanimous favorite for the Horizon League (notable teams Green Bay and Milwaukee) so this team is not a cupcake.

@TerpWomenFan I do think Maryland goes 2-2 in that 4 game stretch, beating Baylor and NC State, losing to SC and Stanford. More offensive power and depth than the former 2 and less height and depth than the latter 2.

Reaction Score
I posted this in this weeks game recaps-IUPUI is the unanimous favorite for the Horizon League (notable teams Green Bay and Milwaukee) so this team is not a cupcake.

@TerpWomenFan I do think Maryland goes 2-2 in that 4 game stretch, beating Baylor and NC State, losing to SC and Stanford. More offensive power and depth than the former 2 and less height and depth than the latter 2.
Especially with no Diamond Miller. Shyanne Seller has done an outstanding job of replacing her. But if Diamond is out for those games, I think the Terps only beat Baylor because it's a home game.

Reaction Score
Iowa and Indiana may be capable of challenging the big 1
Indiana maybe yes. because they can play defense. watched Iowa UNH game. Iowa defense is not much better than last year. if UNH could have made layups the game would have been closer. when you say you want to contend for the final four and spent all summer working on defense and you open your season playing zone defense against and far less opponent that says something. Maryland doesn’t play defense either but they are far more talented than Iowa as a whole. I’m really interested to see how the big 10 fats against non conference this year because most of there conference is bad on the defense end. it’s all offense and while that exciting, you have to do both to win on the national stage

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Indiana maybe yes. because they can play defense. watched Iowa UNH game. Iowa defense is not much better than last year. if UNH could have made layups the game would have been closer. when you say you want to contend for the final four and spent all summer working on defense and you open your season playing zone defense against and far less opponent that says something. Maryland doesn’t play defense either but they are far more talented than Iowa as a whole. I’m really interested to see how the big 10 fats against non conference this year because most of there conference is bad on the defense end. it’s all offense and while that exciting, you have to do both to win on the national stage
False. Yesterday Iowa played a mix of player to player, traditional 2-3 zone, and a matchup 2-3 zone. I'll be the first to critique Iowa's defense, but if you're gonna spout poop about a team, at least get your facts straight, SMH.... :rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Dilk reportedly injured her knee at the very beginning of the game, appeared scarily similar to an ACL :(
42 seconds into the game, first defensive possession, she leaps in to secure the rebound and on her way down it seemed her left foot got hung up on a teammate's foot and she landed very awkwardly. Ugh I hate this.

This would be a huge loss for Michigan. Everyone knows about Hillmon, but Dilk is a two-year returning starter and was named all-Big Ten second team last year by the coaches. They are not deep at guard.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And the injury parade continues:

If Braxtin Miller controls OSU's half court, then Madison Greene took it over in up-tempo and unsettled situations. Ohio State has a plethora of guards (Sheldon, Mikesell, Poole) but Greene played with an intensity and pace that could make the Buckeyes change gears on opponents. Good luck to her.

Reaction Score
Does the Big seem to be suffering more injries than other conferences or is this a mis-impression I am inferring from this thread?

Reaction Score
The Big 10 had 3 of the top 12 teams in the Massey defensive ratings last season. And 5 of the top 31 (including Maryland, which didn't have Reese for long). Massey Ratings - College Basketball Women's : NCAA D1 Ratings

That's a better share than the ACC and the SEC. So......

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And the injury parade continues:

If Braxtin Miller controls OSU's half court, then Madison Greene took it over in up-tempo and unsettled situations. Ohio State has a plethora of guards (Sheldon, Mikesell, Poole) but Greene played with an intensity and pace that could make the Buckeyes change gears on opponents. Good luck to her.

I haven't heard that Taylor Mikesell is allowed to play yet for OSU. Last report was from Taylor herself
"Mikesell said that she will be trying for that waiver, but for the time being, she is set to sit out until the 2022-23 campaign. If that were to remain the case, the fourth-year junior guard said she will just have to be a leader from the sidelines instead of on the court."

She was granted immediate eligibility last year so to me, she should have to sit out this year, much like Alexis Morris from LSU.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I haven't heard that Taylor Mikesell is allowed to play yet for OSU. Last report was from Taylor herself
"Mikesell said that she will be trying for that waiver, but for the time being, she is set to sit out until the 2022-23 campaign. If that were to remain the case, the fourth-year junior guard said she will just have to be a leader from the sidelines instead of on the court."

She was granted immediate eligibility last year so to me, she should have to sit out this year, much like Alexis Morris from LSU.

Just happened a few days ago....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99