Big East WBB Media Day Oct. 19 information | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Media Day Oct. 19 information

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
I heartily agree!! This IS NOT the the way to boost fan interest, and attract new fans to WCBB. Get your hands out out of my pockets. :mad: I had planned on watching, not now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So the all big east team doesn't include the conference POY?
I'm GUESSING - I think the reason is because they want 10 players on the all BE team. Since Paige was voted conference POY, that makes 11, but no reason to put her on the 10 player team and leave someone else off.

So CPOY, and 10 on the all BE team - gives 11 players a chance for recognition...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
@EricLA I suspect you have hit upon the BE's rationalization, but it is the height of irrational to have your POY excluded from the All BE Team. Better to have a First and a Second Team and have 8 people on each team and give even more player's recognition.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be critical, but does Paige's pictures look photo shopped? She looks quite a bit different to me in this picture.
I think it’s just the way filter over it, looks like the contrast was increased.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Dorka, does anyone know how many years of eligibility she has left?

I keep getting confused because she is never referred to when they are talking about seniors but she is listed as a grad player on the roster. I wasn’t sure if they are just leaving her out cause she’s new or if she is planning on staying two seasons.

Edit: so since she only played 3 seasons at OSU and she has an extra covid year she might be expected to stay 2 more seasons. The extra covid year gets confusing

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Speaking of Dorka, does anyone know how many years of eligibility she has left?

I keep getting confused because she is never referred to when they are talking about seniors but she is listed as a grad player on the roster. I wasn’t sure if they are just leaving her out cause she’s new or if she is planning on staying two seasons.

Edit: so since she only played 3 seasons at OSU and she has an extra covid year she might be expected to stay 2 more seasons. The extra covid year gets confusing

She has two years of eligibility left. She finished her degree in psychology at Ohio State in three (which is why she's listed as a graduate student) and has her traditional fourth year and a COVID year remaining.

Reaction Score
She has two years of eligibility left. She finished her degree in psychology at Ohio State in three (which is why she's listed as a graduate student) and has her traditional fourth year and a COVID year remaining.
Thanks for clarifying. I keep getting the eligibility messed up in my head with the extra year.

Reaction Score
I'm not trying to be critical, but does Paige's pictures look photo shopped? She looks quite a bit different to me in this picture.
Well, yes. Every professional photograph is processed, usually using Photoshop. Sharpening, clarity, contrast, perhaps removing a blemish here or there or a stray hair, pumping up the color a bit. That has all been done to the individual photos, and each has obviously been cut and pasted onto a background. And last but not least the image has to be made web friendly by reducing size and pixel count. This particular image is 534KB, at 96dpi. The original images were most likely 25MB. A large amount of image information gets lost sometimes and can make them look overworked.

All that said, the lighting on these photos is a bit overdone and is very non-flattering to the subjects.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A nice interview with AEH. Mature and well spoken.

I would have liked John Fanta to be interviewing some of the players.

I still like John's description of Paige 'Freakin' Bueckers. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom