Big East WBB Media Day Oct. 19 information | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East WBB Media Day Oct. 19 information

Reaction Score
Well, yes. Every professional photograph is processed, usually using Photoshop. Sharpening, clarity, contrast, perhaps removing a blemish here or there or a stray hair, pumping up the color a bit. That has all been done to the individual photos, and each has obviously been cut and pasted onto a background. And last but not least the image has to be made web friendly by reducing size and pixel count. This particular image is 534KB, at 96dpi. The original images were most likely 25MB. A large amount of image information gets lost sometimes and can make them look overworked.

All that said, the lighting on these photos is a bit overdone and is very non-flattering to the subjects.
Thanks for the info
The BY never fails to illuminate ….

Reaction Score
That is not Geno. He always started a couple of new people the first game or two, and if they fizzled, he'll go bakc to a more experienced lineup. He is just as eager as we are to see what the "new guys" can do in a real game.

Always?
When exactly did he ever do this?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hmm. Some love for Autumn.

Seemed to be the player most wanted to be alone with on the proverbial desert island.
I thought they said Evina "Momma E" because she's smart and would be the most resourceful...?

Funny that none of them wanted to do a Geno impression. Maybe they thought it might get back to them?

Still, always love hearing the young ladies get a chance to speak.

Reaction Score
So if a two-time, Big 10 first team all conference player is now in the Big East, and there is no mention of her in preseason awards, does that mean the Big East is a better WBB conference than the Big 10?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought they said Evina "Momma E" because she's smart and would be the most resourceful...?

Funny that none of them wanted to do a Geno impression. Maybe they thought it might get back to them?

Still, always love hearing the young ladies get a chance to speak.
They did say Momma E after they (Paige) said " Too bad Autumn is not here"

Reaction Score
So if a two-time, Big 10 first team all conference player is now in the Big East, and there is no mention of her in preseason awards, does that mean the Big East is a better WBB conference than the Big 10?
It means most coaches havent seen her play and are only going to vote for ~3 UConn players anyway.

Btw, anyone else having an issue with not being able to start new threads?

Reaction Score
Maybe last year when Paige and Evina started in their first games for UConn.
That was not "let's throw them out to see how good they are." It was "these are two of our best players."

Geno is definitely NOT a "let's see what you got in a game situation" coach. He is definitely a "you play based on how you perform during practice."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It means most coaches havent seen her play and are only going to vote for ~3 UConn players anyway.

I have consistently had an issue on my cell phone where i can't access the UCONN women's board. I can get to the General women's board, but not the UCONN one...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I found this quote in this article which I think is new in this article

The Day - UConn women No. 1 in Big East poll; Bueckers, Fudd also honored - News from southeastern Connecticut

UConn coach Geno Auriemma calls Bueckers and Fudd, both national players of the year as high school seniors, "reluctant stars."

Auriemma said Fudd, known for her precision as a shooter, has the same tendency to pass up an open shot the way Bueckers did last year, with him having to constantly remind her.

"Just the reluctance to take advantage of every time because they're open all the time," Auriemma said. "So that means that I would want them to shoot it all the time and that's not what they want to do."

Paige's advice to Azzi

"Don't be afraid to mess up," said Bueckers, who went on to win national player of the year honors a year ago as UConn reached the Final Four for the unprecedented 13th straight season. "Coach is always going to be mad; he's always going to be yelling about something.

"So it's better to take risks. Try. Mess up. He's going to yell. Just brush it off. Just keep trying."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That was not "let's throw them out to see how good they are." It was "these are two of our best players."

Geno is definitely NOT a "let's see what you got in a game situation" coach. He is definitely a "you play based on how you perform during practice."
Recently (first practice?) Geno said that 2 weeks into practice last year he concluded that Paige was "our best player." Paige has also said that before she arrived Geno had told her she would have to lead the team. So he hardly tossed her out there to see if she could swim.

Reaction Score

Haven't had a problem yet with new threads, but have noticed an occasional considerable lag between posting a comment on a thread and it showing up in the stream. That said, I'm always impressed with how well this board actually WORKS. It keeps track of a ton of info on all levels and seems to do it pretty well.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Personally, I think the coaches are selling Marquette a little short. DePaul completely imploded at the end of the year and I am not convinced SH has a down low presence to match Marquette plus I think Duffy is better at the x’s And o’s so she always manages to over-achieve.

For the BE to make in-roads into the P5, especially against the Big12, these next 4 programs need to step up, recruit, win OOC games and keep these coaches, not losing the most to the lesser teams in the P5. If the BE MCBB Coaches can get paid, so should the Women’s coaches.
My underrated coaches are Duffy and Dillon with Bozzelli needing to improve upon last year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom