Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC

Reaction Score
if we get $15 mill/year then the first round of drinks is on me
I can't remember the last time I drank alcohol because it's so rare. But if it's on you, I will take a Kamikaze drink (not the shot).

UConn has bigger plans to eventually get into a P4 or P2 or P-whatever, but $15 mill/year would be a good reason to do this, at least for the short term:

Perfect Strangers 80S GIF by absurdnoise

Reaction Score
No $$ yet…

"Peacock will launch its coverage of BIG EAST men’s basketball in 2024-25 with a package of 25 regular season games and five early round and quarterfinal conference tournament games. Beginning with the 2025-26 season, Peacock and NBC Sports will present more than 60 men’s and women’s regular season and BIG EAST Tournament games."

I hope those tournament games aren't exclusively on Peacock.

Reaction Score
"Peacock will launch its coverage of BIG EAST men’s basketball in 2024-25 with a package of 25 regular season games and five early round and quarterfinal conference tournament games. Beginning with the 2025-26 season, Peacock and NBC Sports will present more than 60 men’s and women’s regular season and BIG EAST Tournament games."

Do the right thing and stick Peacock with DePaul and Butler

Reaction Score

That means all wednesday games AND the early Thursday window will be on peacock? Awful.

Reaction Score
As long as they still use roundball rock I don’t care what channel the games are on
well...NBC is talking with John Tesh about re-licensing Roundball Rock for NBA coverage so i doubt the BE will be able to keep using it after next year

Reaction Score

“The deal also includes the other Big East sports, including soccer, lacrosse, baseball, softball and volleyball. Many of those contests have been streaming on FloSports, with occasional games and championship events on the Fox networks. It was not immediately clear how much would change in the new deal, as the NBC and TNT press releases Thursday focused only on basketball.”

Reaction Score

“The deal also includes the other Big East sports, including soccer, lacrosse, baseball, softball and volleyball. Many of those contests have been streaming on FloSports, with occasional games and championship events on the Fox networks. It was not immediately clear how much would change in the new deal, as the NBC and TNT press releases Thursday focused only on basketball.”

I would assume all those olympic sports will be on Peacock. Which is better than flosports, but hopefully still broadcasting on UConn+ (however, I would doubt)

Reaction Score
I would assume all those olympic sports will be on Peacock. Which is better than flosports, but hopefully still broadcasting on UConn+ (however, I would doubt)
I would think (my guess only) home games and non-conference games could still live on UConn+

Reaction Score
I got confirmation from a Big East broadcasting exec (Scott Hecht) that SNY will not be moving forward after next season.

Reaction Score

The Big East today is formally unveiling its new six-year media-rights pacts with Fox Sports, TNT Sports and NBC Sports, which was approved by school presidents. Allen & Co. and Proskauer were advisers on the deal for the Big East. Sources noted earlier in the week that the conference will see a moderate rights fee uptick. The existing pact was a 12-year, $500M deal with the Big East (an average annual value of around $41.67M).

Interesting pivot on characterization of the increase today (could be nothing I guess):

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom