Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would be more concerned if it were the only place you can see games, but the fact that games will also be on Fox, one, FS two, and likely CBSSN. I'm not that worried. Keep in mind that I believe we've had games both on Fox and on CBS. Plus the preseason stuff will be on ESPN. Not optimal, but it's not the Pac 12 Apple and CW deal either.

Looks like CBS is out per the SBJ piece. I actually don't hate the CW as far as visibility goes. At least most people get that with their cable/YouTube tv compared to Max or peacock.

Reaction Score
Looks like CBS is out per the SBJ piece. I actually don't hate the CW as far as visibility goes. At least most people get that with their cable/YouTube tv compared to Max or peacock.
maybe you were replying to someones post and i cant see it, but what does the CW have to do with the BE? we never had any games on the CW because it isnt related to cbs

Last edited:
Reaction Score
no more Big East games on CBS is disappointing, so once the current deal expires will CBS just have Big 10 and Mountain West games? TNT's tourney games have basically been CBS games from a production standpoint with graphics and broadcasters, but I wonder what happens to all of the Turner guys once the NBA deal is over.

Reaction Score
no more Big East games on CBS is disappointing, so once the current deal expires will CBS just have Big 10 and Mountain West games? TNT's tourney games have basically been CBS games from a production standpoint with graphics and broadcasters, but I wonder what happens to all of the Turner guys once the NBA deal is over.
Chuck is retiring after next year, or so he says, and Ernie is going to stay with tnt and cover baseball etc. would be cool if he joins a BE basketball studio show but idk how much inventory tnt is getting w/ a tier 2 package.

NBC will have to put together its own studio show for the nba but i could care less about shaq and kenny smith w/o chuck.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I think most of the CBS content was CBS sports which I personally think sucked (compared to FS1/2). We’ve had maybe 1 CBS main channel game per year (if that) since rejoining the Big East.

Reaction Score
i'd love if it paid us ~10mil/year, which is what we were getting from the AAC deal which included football. then the few remaining BE haters would have absolutely nothing left to wretch about.
$10 million would be more then the aac.. the schools that were there when they made the deal make around $7 million.. the new schools a lot less..10 million would be a nice bump for the big east

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
maybe you were replying to someones post and i cant see it, but what does the CW have to do with the BE? we never had any games on the CW because it isnt related to cbs

I was replying to @CL82. I was just commenting that I don't think the CW is as bad as people maybe are thinking it is (wrt to his comment on the pac deal).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well the deal is with NBC in games may just end up being shown on Peacock. Somehow that seems more palatable. Being on max just sucks though.

Reaction Score
NBC put Purdue vs Arizona and Purdue vs Illinois on Peacock last season, also put Caitlin Clark on there a few times, with the TV numbers UConn put up on Fox it's a guarantee there are gonna be some UConn games stuck on Peacock to drive up subscribers

Reaction Score
$10 million would be more then the aac.. the schools that were there when they made the deal make around $7 million.. the new schools a lot less..10 million would be a nice bump for the big east
I thought the deal that aresco signed when we were still in the aac was 1 billion dollars over 10 years for 10 teams which would be 10mill per year per team

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well the deal is with NBC in games may just end up being shown on Peacock. Somehow that seems more palatable. Being on max just sucks though.

My preference would have been to have CBS and CBS SN as opposed to NBC and Peacock but until the linear vs streaming split is out it's tough to argue one way or another.

With YouTube TV I've been able to watch every UConn bb game, nearly every home FB game and a lot of road games. Only really have to get creative with the ESPN+ games for fb.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Peacock is pretty good. It gets Universal movies first, and some of the NBC shows are pretty good.

Reaction Score
I thought the deal that aresco signed when we were still in the aac was 1 billion dollars over 10 years for 10 teams which would be 10mill per year per team
It was for 12 years and I think there were 11 schools

Reaction Score
Well now that, that's done, with those networks, isn't it time for ESPN to poach the BE's most valuable property for it's P-4" Coastal " Conference, ;)
That would be diabolical. Make FOX overpay for the BE and immediately take the whole reason they overpaid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom