Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Big East TV Deal with FOX, TNT, and NBC

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn was the #1 overall seed but that's besides the point.

Big Ten had a down year with its biggest brands and the Big East had just about it's best case scenario with it's top program.
Of course UConn had the #1 overall seed, had a brainfart there.

Get used to that scenario for UConn. It was a down year for the Big East overall and Nova was clearly way down.

Reaction Score
So with having to watch games on Peacock… I watch most games on a delay and catch up during commercials because I’m usually putting my kids to bed when the game starts. Can I do that with Peacock or is it live only?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
So with having to watch games on Peacock… I watch most games on a delay and catch up during commercials because I’m usually putting my kids to bed when the game starts. Can I do that with Peacock or is it live only?

Great question - I never watch live and the ESPN+ games for UConn fb didn't allow to you record in advance and ffwd to live. Was either watch it in progress or wait until it's over.

Reaction Score
you cant record/fast forward/pause/rewind live games but they’ll have them available for replay after the fact and you can fast forward/pause/rewind then

Reaction Score
I don’t remember any other conference not given financial information on a media deal they just signed.. i am hoping it’s over 7 million a year per school.. and hopefully we will find out soon what the finances are

Reaction Score
Agree that’s my go to move also with so many games starting when I put my kids to bed…..
you cant record/fast forward/pause/rewind live games but they’ll have them available for replay after the fact and you can fast forward/pause/rewind then

Weird because whenever I watch premier league on their I have the option to start from beginning, go live , or catch up with key events. Then I can go back and forth at will. Paramount+ you definitely can’t.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Weird because whenever I watch premier league on their I have the option to start from beginning, go live , or catch up with key events.
That sounds like YouTubeTV. Are you sure you can do that on Peacock?

Reaction Score
The Big East basically got a merit pay increase. Oh well.

Why not say no thanks during the exclusivity window and become a free agent?

Reaction Score
The Big East basically got a merit pay increase. Oh well.

Why not say no thanks during the exclusivity window and become a free agent?
Where else would they go? ESPNU/ESPN+? No thanks. ESPN proper doesnt have the bandwith for the Big East.

Sure they could make a boatload more money going to Apple TV or Peacock exlusive, but not have any games on National TV would be a death sentence for recruiting and fan support.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Where else would they go? ESPNU/ESPN+? No thanks. ESPN proper doesnt have the bandwith for the Big East.

Sure they could make a boatload more money going to Apple TV or Peacock exlusive, but not have any games on National TV would be a death sentence for recruiting and fan support.

If they could have made a boatload more money somewhere else they should have done it. Maybe Fox would increase their offer if the Big East had another offer. Players become free agents all the time and it seems to serve them well, why not conferences? They must be assuming the TV market is in collusion somehow. Maybe it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom