Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Curbelo to Southern Miss:

Southern Miss had a surprisingly good season last year, finishing 25-8 overall.

Southern Miss also has a strong connection with Puerto Rico, with AHC Juan Cardona from Puerto Rico and former Fairfield PG Neftali Alvarez playing for the team last year.

With the addition of James Madison, Southern Miss and Marshall, the Sun Belt was a solid mid-major conference w/ five teams finishing within the KenPom top-100.

Good luck to them :oops:

Reaction Score
Oduro and McNair bring a nice 1/2 punch for Providence. Overall, I’ve been impressed with Kim English’s off-season, but the Friars are still lacking a PG.

Reaction Score
Oduro and McNair bring a nice 1/2 punch for Providence. Overall, I’ve been impressed with Kim English’s off-season, but the Friars are still lacking a PG.

I think PC and their fans are hoping Jayden Pierre becomes that PG, no?

Reaction Score
I think PC and their fans are hoping Jayden Pierre becomes that PG, no?
That's the plan, but in the limited minutes Pierre played last season, I haven't seen much to get me excited about him just yet. Could be a solid pass-first guy, but not a 'wow, he's our starting PG, let's go!!!!' guy.
What about what's-his-face?
Devin Carter? More of a 2 guard.

Reaction Score
McNair you may remember was on NMSU when they beat us. He was their Whaley clone. He followed Jans to Miss St, but ended up playing mostly a backup role last year and his offense regressed (his turnovers spiked closer to his career averages). Jans then recruited over him in transfer portal this offseason, so he transferred out.

Good rebounder, decent rim protector. Good energy backup big.

Reaction Score
McNair you may remember was on NMSU when they beat us. He was their Whaley clone. He followed Jans to Miss St, but ended up playing mostly a backup role last year and his offense regressed (his turnovers spiked closer to his career averages). Jans then recruited over him in transfer portal this offseason, so he transferred out.

McNair is the big bulky center with no skill. The Whaley clone you are looking for is Johnny McCants.

Reaction Score
McNair is the big bulky center with no skill. The Whaley clone you are looking for is Johnny McCants.
Oh you're right. McNair was the back to basket wide body. Stupid Mc names.

Reaction Score
What about what's-his-face?
Recent interview English said he going with Pierre and Dual. Pierre showed a lot of flashes last season. Will they struggle, most likely but should be figured out mid BE play.

Reaction Score

Quite a ride for Marcus Watson. The former top-100 recruit out of Oklahoma State was suspended for a year then played minimal minutes for New Mexico State.

However, transferring to North Carolina A&T reignited the potential Watson showed in high school as a super versatile combo forward who did a little bit of everything for the team.

At worst, Watson will be the first forward off the bench, be it at the 3 or 4. A ton of mismatch potential as a 6'6 235 weapon and Seton Hall's got a few uniquely sized played between Watson, Richmond and Addae-Wusu.

Reaction Score
Word is that St. John’s getting a commit early next week from former Tar Heel commit Simeon Wilcher.

Reaction Score
Word is that St. John’s getting a commit early next week from former Tar Heel commit Simeon Wilcher.
Had a feeling that Pitino would go and recruit over Alleyne. He may be back in his same role of 10-15 mins per game. I guess he'll be having more fun in NYC then Storrs though.

Reaction Score
Had a feeling that Pitino would go and recruit over Alleyne. He may be back in his same role of 10-15 mins per game. I guess he'll be having more fun in NYC then Storrs though.
I don’t think it’s to recruit over alleyne per se. I looked back and Pitino rotates a lot of players. Even Antoine Walker and Tony Delk on those teams didn’t average much more than 26-27 minutes per game . Backcourt will be talented though.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s to recruit over alleyne per se. I looked back and Pitino rotates a lot of players. Even Antoine Walker and Tony Delk on those teams didn’t average much more than 26-27 minutes per game . Backcourt will be talented though.
That's what I think, too, but I am not certain either. I do think Pitino wants to employ full court pressure defense like he did at Iona and for that you need fresh players with energy.

Reaction Score
That's what I think, too, but I am not certain either. I do think Pitino wants to employ full court pressure defense like he did at Iona and for that you need fresh players with energy.
I think you’ll see Wilcher, Dingle and Alleyne at the 1-3 spots quite a bit.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

At least two chances for a modicum of revenge then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom