Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Sanogo and Hawkins should ofnstayed for one more season. That's just my honest opinion. I believe both will be drafted but see very limited time their first year before they get traded or not get picked up by any team at all.
Loop Waiting GIF

Reaction Score
I think he has reached the point in his career where his high school ranking is irrelevant.
It’s like you don’t know this board at all. Many hang on to what others thought of a player’s prospects years ago as opposed to caring what they have actually done on college basketball courts.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Sanogo and Hawkins should ofnstayed for one more season. That's just my honest opinion. I believe both will be drafted but see very limited time their first year before they get traded or not get picked up by any team at all.
FDBF0263-951A-48CE-ABEC-D045BCFF731E.gif

Reaction Score
Ware to Villanova:

Ware, along with Patterson, will backup Dixon and Hart.

IMO, much better fit than Providence.

Villanova's depth chart so far:

PG: Armstrong, Arcidiacono? (not sure if he's returning)
SG: Moore, Hausen
SF: Bamba, Longino
PF: Hart, Patterson
C: Dixon, Ware, Njoku

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have a feeling both sides thought we were getting Timberlake and definitely keeping one of either AJ or Newton. It’s the only thing that adds up.
I think Pitino lied to him and he bought it.

Reaction Score
I think Naheim was the player Hurley referenced in the middle of the season that was unhappy at Uconn. He made some sort of comment about knowing who may transfer and I thought he was talking about Samson. Some players just think its not them and there is greener pastures elsewhere. We will be ok without him....an Alleyne for David Jones trade would be a fair replacement if we could somehow get him from the portal.

Reaction Score

David Jones' Big East ranks last season:
  • 1st in shot usage
  • 2nd in possession usage
  • 13th in OR%
  • 6th in DR%
  • Shot 32.8% from 3 during conference play

David Jones' Big East ranks in 21-22 w/ DePaul
  • 2nd in steal rate
  • 12th in block rate
  • 11th in assist rate
At 6'6 210, Jones is an excellent athlete and does a little bit of everything. I can see Hurley helping him grow as a defender as the season progresses, a la Joey C.

No way Jones gets the usage rate he had a DePaul and St. John's, but I see that working in his favor, should he come here.

A major reason why David Jones is still available? He needs a waiver.

IF Jones were to commit, I'd expect Castle to play at least some minutes at the 2 for a potential Mon-star lineup of Newton, Castle, Jones, Karaban, Clingan.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I really like Jones as a player. St. John’s offense was chaos and DePaul was bad so he was the focus of the opposing defense. He would be really good on a good team.

Reaction Score
Clingan vs Kalkbrenner is gonna be funnnn
it will almost be like when those 2 7'6'' guys from UCF and UC Irvine Ant Eaters played against each other years ago. Tacko Fall was the guy from UCF and he made the NBA.

I am sticking to my theory that these 2 ADs from the school said" wouldn't be nice to get on Sportcenter? We can by having these tow 7'6'' freaks of nature play against each other".

Reaction Score
I love it for that reason alone. It’s the Twitter version of Barry Sanders flipping the ball to the ref.
for Creighton fans a boring announcement of a return is much more welcome than the "exciting" messages of Ryan Nembhard and Arthur Kaluma, although the latter wasn't a surprise according to many at the BlueJay Underground.

Reaction Score
I love it for that reason alone. It’s the Twitter version of Barry Sanders flipping the ball to the ref.
It's the Twitter version of dropping a form into the fax machine.

Reaction Score
for Creighton fans a boring announcement of a return is much more welcome than the "exciting" messages of Ryan Nembhard and Arthur Kaluma, although the latter wasn't a surprise according to many at the BlueJay Underground.
I actually think most people are ready for Kaluma to move on. If that’s too strong then at least the attitude is that we can be fine without him, so if you want to tilt windmills, have at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom