Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can’t see it being Ryan N, but I do assume it’s someone who’s name is already in the portal, can’t be too long of a list.
I guess Ryan is kicking the tires at Gonzaga.. Where his older brother played..

Reaction Score
Posh Alexander is considering Seton Hall and Butler, Dylan Addae-Wusu is considering Seton Hall. It'll be one or both of those
Those both seem like good fits for holloway. It would help keep seton hall at a decent talent level and remain competitive.

Reaction Score
Let's hope Cooley isn't up to his old tricks trying to poach players.

caw

Reaction Score
Let's hope Cooley isn't up to his old tricks trying to poach players.

I'm sure he is. I doubt he stops. Dude was probably calling players from other BE teams throughout the year. Pitch just changed from PC to Georgetown at some point. He's scum, even in the NIL era.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Hopefully just testing the waters. He is nowhere near ready for the NBA.

I don't know this guy at all, but some meaningful percentage of players that "test the waters" are really just not cut out for college and don't want to be there. I am sure we all knew non-basketball players from our UConn days that were just not meant to be there.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Posh Alexander is considering Seton Hall and Butler, Dylan Addae-Wusu is considering Seton Hall. It'll be one or both of those

Some Seton Hall board I saw seems to think Posh is going there. I actually think Holloway could be good for Posh. He was completely out of control at St. Johns last season, and Holloway might be able to teach him how to actually play basketball rather than just be a maniac on the court.

Reaction Score
Some Seton Hall board I saw seems to think Posh is going there. I actually think Holloway could be good for Posh. He was completely out of control at St. Johns last season, and Holloway might be able to teach him how to actually play basketball rather than just be a maniac on the court.
Posh and Richmond backcourt is terrible offensively. Like maybe the worst shooting backcourt in the country. Does Holloway not believe in scoring points?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Posh and Richmond backcourt is terrible offensively. Like maybe the worst shooting backcourt in the country. Does Holloway not believe in scoring points?

I am not a fan of either player, but I think part of Posh's problem is that he takes so many terrible shots, which Anderson allowed. If Holloway could cut out the 4-5 stupidest shots Posh takes every game, Posh could turn into a pretty good player. If not, then Posh will still look like the guy at the YMCA who you pass on playing with when he says his team is looking for one more because he is so annoying to play with.

Reaction Score
Posh was really solid playing with Champagnie. Focused on being a defensive stopper who benefitted offensively from not having defense’s attention on him

Would fit in well with Seton Hall’s current roster of scrappy/gritty defenders who can’t score the ball. I guess Shaheen has a type, but it’s not a winning type

Reaction Score
I am not a fan of either player, but I think part of Posh's problem is that he takes so many terrible shots, which Anderson allowed. If Holloway could cut out the 4-5 stupidest shots Posh takes every game, Posh could turn into a pretty good player. If not, then Posh will still look like the guy at the YMCA who you pass on playing with when he says his team is looking for one more because he is so annoying to play with.
I just think Holloway is doubling down on a strength with Posh when you have Richmond already(who by the way is much better than Posh). He needs to be pursuing guys who can knock down outside shots. Or he’ll lose again next season. There are other ways to win outside of a rock fight. If UConn, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette and Nova in previous seasons taught the big east anything it’s that you need to be able to score the ball. Or more specifically make 3 pointers in todays game.

Reaction Score
I just think Holloway is doubling down on a strength with Posh when you have Richmond already(who by the way is much better than Posh). He needs to be pursuing guys who can knock down outside shots. Or he’ll lose again next season. There are other ways to win outside of a rock fight. If UConn, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette and Nova in previous seasons taught the big east anything it’s that you need to be able to score the ball. Or more specifically make 3 pointers in todays game.
I agree with your premise of a better shooter however it doesn’t seem like seton hall is in play for guys of quality that are shooters. Holloway taking the best available in this circumstance won’t be pretty but it will give him talent and identity that can compete at the big east level.

Reaction Score
Hopefully just testing the waters. He is nowhere near ready for the NBA.
He’s also a key piece to what made that team unique because of his ability to move and pass. He was a tough matchup for us

caw

Reaction Score
He’s also a key piece to what made that team unique because of his ability to move and pass. He was a tough matchup for us

Thought he was more of a hassle in the third game because of his defense. He didn’t do much offensively the last two games.

Jones seemed to be the offensive difference IMO.

Reaction Score
I think he'll be back, but it seems like if he hears anything positive he'll bolt.

That’s not quite true. But if he hears ‘likely bottom of first round’ that will not bode well.

There’s a strong internal debate as to whether or not that’s what he will hear. Most think it’s likely something lesser. However the attitude towards him seems to be ascending so just like everything else this time of year it’s fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom