Big East Media Day | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Media Day

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I wouldn't have put Soriano or Clingan on first team. Joel just isn't good enough and Donovan has never started a game. He may end up there or may not. It's the final ranking that counts, this is just nonsense. Move Kam Jones to 1st team in place of Soriano. I think Scheierman is overrated, but I think Creighton is overrated.

Karaban should be second team. Newton honorable mention.
If it was up to you you’d have Hunter Dickenson on Big East 1st team!

Reaction Score
According to that list, we're as much the dark horse as Nova. Apparently our status as a blue blood means nothing in the BE.

Reaction Score
Clingan should be first team but I’m shocked karaban didn’t even make second team. The coaches vote on this right? He’s a coach’s dream.
Clingan has alot to prove as the main guy..Playing with his back to the basket will be a challenge..I am looking forward to seeing him develop this year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
According to that list, we're as much the dark horse as Nova. Apparently our status as a blue blood means nothing in the BE.
How about our status as reigning national champs who are bringing in one of the top recruiting classes?

That said this doesn't bother me in the least. It's just fuel for the bulletin board.

Reaction Score
This is outrageous, worries me that overall disrespect including the ref issue may continue as well. We are 6th in the country with two first place votes there but NO BE 1st place votes.

Creighton is 30-1 to win NCAA, Marquette 40-1, UConn 20-1.
The good news is if I'm pissed I can't imagine how Tristan, Clingan, Karaban & Hurley feel.

Reaction Score
Curious who the freshman that kept Castle from being unanimous was? PC kid?

Reaction Score
Curious who the freshman that kept Castle from being unanimous was? PC kid?
With preseason voting, you never know.

My guess is Dual (the Providence kid). He's probably going to start at the 3 and could be the team's third leading scorer behind Hopkins and Carter.

What's funny about that is I wouldn't be surprised if Ball becomes a better player, just I don't see Ball having the playing time opportunities that Dual will have in Year 1.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You would've put Samson on first team.
Obviously not, but I'm rooting for him to make it. Same with all of our guys. Castle isn't on this list and I think we hope/expect he'd at least be honorable mention by the end. The preseason list is always about what you did the year before. Which is why I see Newton and Karaban as the snubs here.

Coming into sophomore year, Sanogo had started 20 games the year before and was honorable mention. He ended up on the first team. That's what we are hoping and expecting for Donovan. But pre-season is different.

Reaction Score

No respect for the defending champs by the rest of the coaches.

Personally, I think it’s “politics” (resentment). No other reason to be so low with no 1st place votes. Pre-season #5-6 is fine with me :)

Reaction Score
Clingan should be first team but I’m shocked karaban didn’t even make second team. The coaches vote on this right? He’s a coach’s dream.
All the more motivation

Reaction Score
I've gotta believe there's still some resentment/fear among the "old" New Big East about us re-joining and stealing their thunder, which leads them to deliberately under-hype us.

Reaction Score
I've gotta believe there's still some resentment/fear among the "old" New Big East about us re-joining and stealing their thunder, which leads them to deliberately under-hype us.
Or that we seem to always have one foot out the door.

Reaction Score
Even if we won both Big East titles this year I wouldn't give a damn about it if we didn't end up making the Final Four. Call it "arrogant and spoiled", but we have a bigger goal to go after.

caw

Reaction Score
The continued disrespect towards Karaban is wild.

I agree but I understand it too especially with the top 11 players on the list above him. Those are all very good college players. Not sure who you put Karaban above on that list.

Newton is a bigger WTH I think. He continues to get pressed by the narrative UConn does not have a PG. He should be in Freemantle's spot.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
They didn't. Here's their roster.

View attachment 92425 And Massoud is injured on his shooting hand and should be back around Christmas.

Epps (Illinois), Styles (UNC), Cook (Fairfield) and Brumbaugh (Texas) are the transfers.

I really liked Cook at Fairfield. Savvy undersized center, but a weak defender.
So they traded a starter named Primo for a started named Supreme...I guess that is an improvement!

Reaction Score
With preseason voting, you never know.

My guess is Dual (the Providence kid). He's probably going to start at the 3 and could be the team's third leading scorer behind Hopkins and Carter.

What's funny about that is I wouldn't be surprised if Ball becomes a better player, just I don't see Ball having the playing time opportunities that Dual will have in Year 1.
I don’t think Dual will finish behind Hopkins in PC individual scoring, if this is real….

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom