Big East Media Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Media Day

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
They didn't. Here's their roster.

View attachment 92425 And Massoud is injured on his shooting hand and should be back around Christmas.

Epps (Illinois), Styles (UNC), Cook (Fairfield) and Brumbaugh (Texas) are the transfers.

I really liked Cook at Fairfield. Savvy undersized center, but a weak defender.
Thanks. Looks like Cooley is going to have to earn his check this season. I’m excited to see how everything turns out!

Reaction Score
There appears to be a clear deference to upperclassmen. Clingan and Karaban are the only sophomores on any of the teams. It is a little surprising Newton did not get at least an honorable mention.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
On the flip side, UConn players shouldn't be overconfident thinking they can roll in to any location. The players know how tough Marquette and Creighton were last year and they should be fully ready to go head to head this season. Those programs won't be intimidated by UConn's resume from last season.

Reaction Score
Kolek makes sense for POY. You can’t not give it to the reigning winner. Hopkins would probably be #2. Bulletin board material for Clingan regardless

Castle for FOY is a no brainer.

Joel Soriano over Donovan Clingan on the first team. Oso Ighodaro over Karaban on the second team. No mention of Newton. All questionable decisions. Bulletin board material. Remember when Tyrese was left off all the lists and then went on to be the only BE player drafted to the NBA?

Zach Freemantle HM even though he might not play. If you needed any proof the list isn’t very credible..

I’m good with Marquette #1, Creighton at #2 is fine, but the gap between those 2 and UConn doesn’t make sense. It should be Marquette clear #1, and then Creighton/UConn really close for #2. It’s crazy that UConn and Villanova are almost a tie for 3rd. Rest of the list feels fine

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Obligatory semi annual post about how stupid it is that the Player of the year isn't on the 'first team all conference" but rather their own category and then an additional 5 guys are on the "first team".

Check back in March for the post season award obligatory semi annual post.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol insane that DC isn’t a first teamer. I like Soriano’s game and think he can be better this year under Pitino but come on.

By the end of the year I think the whole starting 5 can be on these lists one way or another. 4 at minimum, and Cam should be one of them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Kolek makes sense for POY. You can’t not give it to the reigning winner. Hopkins would probably be #2. Bulletin board material for Clingan regardless

Castle for FOY is a no brainer.

Joel Soriano over Donovan Clingan on the first team. Oso Ighodaro over Karaban on the second team. No mention of Newton. All questionable decisions. Bulletin board material. Remember when Tyrese was left off all the lists and then went on to be the only BE player drafted to the NBA?

Zach Freemantle HM even though he might not play. If you needed any proof the list isn’t very credible..

I’m good with Marquette #1, Creighton at #2 is fine, but the gap between those 2 and UConn doesn’t make sense. It should be Marquette clear #1, and then Creighton/UConn really close for #2. It’s crazy that UConn and Villanova are almost a tie for 3rd. Rest of the list feels fine
I wouldn't have put Soriano or Clingan on first team. Joel just isn't good enough and Donovan has never started a game. He may end up there or may not. It's the final ranking that counts, this is just nonsense. Move Kam Jones to 1st team in place of Soriano. I think Scheierman is overrated, but I think Creighton is overrated.

Karaban should be second team. Newton honorable mention.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't have put Soriano or Clingan on first team. Joel just isn't good enough and Donovan has never started a game. He may end up there or may not. It's the final ranking that counts, this is just nonsense. Move Kam Jones to 1st team in place of Soriano. I think Scheierman is overrated, but I think Creighton is overrated.

This is actually a pretty good take. It seems like the lists are more based on established production in the past over potential. In that sense, DC still has a lot to prove

Reaction Score

You would've put Samson on first team.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Hurley and staff will have lots of ammo for Clingan, Newton, and Karaban.

Soriano 1st team over Clingan is a joke.
Newton should have gotten an honorable mention at least.
Karaban, after BE Freshman snub last year, not even on 2nd team.

Hurley's said that those guys have to be this year's "big 3", and none of them have been recognized in conference the way they should by BE coaches.

Our staff will enjoy using this disrespect in practice.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Looks like Marquette should cruise to the title.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom