Big East is wild | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East is wild

Reaction Score
delusional meaning I have standards for my alma mater. Ok, yeah.
no, delusional meaning, "characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."

Reaction Score
no, delusional meaning, "characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."
as opposed to your myopic views. Ok.

Reaction Score
Not all schools that play football are P5. The AAC is not P5. East Carolina is not our peer.
let me spell it out for you since you're not grasping the obvious: UConn is a P5 caliber school and is vastly superior to the current Big East members as an institution.

Reaction Score
let me spell it out for you since you're not grasping the obvious: UConn is a P5 caliber school and is vastly superior to the current Big East members as an institution.
And you've argued in multiple threads that UConn should be in the AAC.
xT1XGDDusvpE2Hrbfq.gif

Reaction Score

I agree with you that UConn is a P5 caliber school. The schools in the AAC are not P5 caliber schools. They are not our peers. They are all sub P5 quality both athletically and academically. Staying in the AAC solidifies UConn as a G5 school, along with the other CUSA schools in the AAC.

Reaction Score
While what you’re saying is true and I don’t think that anyone is disagreeing with you on your very last post.... that being said.... what good has it done us? Now or moving forward?

Reaction Score
I agree with you that UConn is a P5 caliber school. The schools in the AAC are not P5 caliber schools. They are not our peers. They are all sub P5 quality both athletically and academically. Staying in the AAC solidifies UConn as a G5 school, along with the other CUSA schools in the AAC.
devil's advocate, what does moving to the Big East solidify us as then? Holistically, not just basketball-wise since UConn is a lot more than just that.

Reaction Score
It's almost like your screaming incoherently while falling hopelessly down a hole.

And then I saw your avatar.
nice little school you have there, and I do mean little.

Reaction Score
devil's advocate, what does moving to the Big East solidify us as then? Holistically, not just basketball-wise since UConn is a lot more than just that.
we are a basketball school. the state of connecticut doesnt have a pro basketball team for men so the whole state roots for the huskies. been like this for years. when basketball is down, we are all down. we will not be a football school, so get on board again with the basketball support

Reaction Score
we are a basketball school. the state of connecticut doesnt have a pro basketball team for men so the whole state roots for the huskies. been like this for years. when basketball is down, we are all down. we will not be a football school, so get on board again with the basketball support
you're not an alumni are you?

Reaction Score
you're not an alumni are you?
So are you saying we should just drop all sports and just be a school with no identity for anything. Sports are what really defines a school. I don’t think anyone except students really care about anything that goes on at these schools. Except maybe parties

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The current ZBE powers are Seton Hall, Nova and Creighton. Say no more.

Part of what was great about the OBE is was that people cared about college basketball. Go watch a game and compare the NBE with the AAC. It is not even close. The Big East school's fan bases care. Games will be exciting, night in and night out. That is what we want again to be in a relevant league that we can then dominate in time. Look at last years attendance

* Big East had 18 less games and average almost 400,000 more fans then AAC
* The Big East had one less session in their tournament and doubled up on attendance 98,782 vs. 45,500 for the AAC (avg 18,969 vs 7,588)

Plus all the OBE teams that left suck now outside of Louisville and we know there are many reasons for that. Forget the AAC. It went badly for us for so many reasons. It was never going to be a good fit and those holding out hope for the ACC or B1G you are going to be waiting for a call that is never coming.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
my aim is much higher than that - my aim is playing our real university and athletic peers.

LOL... I am sure you were saying this when we were in the Big East the first time.

Reaction Score

It allows us to schedule more P5 schools for football (which our AD has been doing), and play in a P5 quality basketball conference. This makes us a P5 school if we succeed. Staying in the AAC does not ever make us a P5 school. Is Notre Dame not a "Power" school because they don't play football in a conference?

Reaction Score
It allows us to schedule more P5 schools for football (which our AD has been doing), and play in a P5 quality basketball conference. This makes us a P5 school if we succeed. Staying in the AAC does not ever make us a P5 school. Is Notre Dame not a "Power" school because they don't play football in a conference?
great points. we can't even get those cross conference challenge games like the gavitt games, something the AAC is struggling to pull off. glad we will get opportunities like that outside of the maui tournaments and whatever. makes for more tv time and all that yummy jazz. and you are right about notre dame, they play their conference bball in the acc but schedule several good teams a season despite being indy. this is doable.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score

Did we care about academics of other schools in our conference prior to moving to the AAC?

Reaction Score
our peers are P5 schools - schools that play all sports.
Not if they continuously refuse to invite us to a P5 conference.

You can't say you are peers with Google employees when you don't work at Google.

Your resumes might be similar. You might be qualified. But if you aren't a Google employee, they are not your peers. You're stuck with Dell (AAC) or Microsoft (NBE).

Reaction Score
We weren't getting an invite to a P5 anytime in the near future. Meanwhile, we were hemorrhaging money and our football team has been one of the worst teams in D1. If the football team were at least halfway decent and selling out our home games that might have been our saving grace in getting an invite. No conference is going to want to invite a school where it's basketball team is on probation and it's football program is in shambles. Perhaps in 2011 or 2014 but not anytime in the near future. Something needed to be done and the Big East was it's best way out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom