Big East is wild | The Boneyard

Big East is wild

Reaction Score
Seton Hall has three defenseive breakdowns in the last minute and gives up 3 threes to Butler. Game tied and Mamu makes a buzzer beater rolling to the hoop with no time on the clock for the win for Seton Hall.

Reaction Score
I am really looking forward to our return to this conference. Yeah I know it’s not the old big east, but it is a basketball first league full of good teams that are not in most cases all that far from each other.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral.
I think the apathy towards the AAC BB league is largely because of the failure to compete.
Best finish, even in the NC year was what 7th or 8th.

Uconn had an opportunity to elevate this league. Memphis, Uconn and WSU firing on all cylinders had the potential to form a solid foundation. Temple/Houston/Cincy are all solld. UCF SMU and Tulsa aren't slouches and have carried the league of late.

sure there is nostalgia from the old big east, but really Villanova and G'town are the only ones I'm excited for on a regular basis. Without BC, Syracuse, and Pitt, the rest are meh.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral.
I think the apathy towards the AAC BB league is largely because of the failure to compete.

Uconn had an opportunity to elevate this league. Memphis, Uconn and WSU firing on all cylinders had the potential to form a solid foundation. Temple/Houston/Cincy are all solld. UCF SMU and Tulsa aren't slouches and have carried the league of late.

sure there is nostalgia from the old big east, but really Villanova and G'town are the only ones I'm excited for on a regular basis. Without BC, Syracuse, and Pitt, the rest are meh.
If you would rather play BC, Cuse, and Pitt right now over teams in the NBE then you haven’t watched college basketball in a long time.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral.

They've "carried" the league to what exactly? What have they won "carrying" the league? 3+/- bids/year and zero final fours?

It doesn't even matter if you aren't excited about the new big east. the fact is it's a much better and deeper conference. It gives us the opportunity for better wins, better games at home, and better recruiting.

Reaction Score
By KenPom conference ratings, this season is the best the Big East has been since OBE 2011. It's a little overshadowed since they don't have an elite team and the Big 10 has been even stronger (and B12 has been solidly deep as per usual). But it's a bloodbath over there.

According to the metric, you'd have to be a top 40 KenPom team, essentially an NCAA at large team, to even go .500 in the league.

Reaction Score
The current ZBE powers are Seton Hall, Nova and Creighton. Say no more.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The fact that outside of UConn, no one in the AAC has done anything of note in the NCAA tournament has the loudest volume of why people are down on the AAC. It is an irrelevant player in the National picture.

Reaction Score
I'm neutral.

The AAC is a mid major conference with mostly mid major talent. For UConn to get back to where they were they had to leave. Leaving these mid major AAC refs is also a bonus

Reaction Score
dont know why people are wasting time arguing with AAC fanboys. they are too blind to see the possibilities of being a part of an actual basketball conference. stop dreaming of Power 5 because our football team stinks so much. we are lucky to have been invited to the new big east. thanks

Reaction Score
dont know why people are wasting time arguing with AAC fanboys. they are too blind to see the possibilities of being a part of an actual basketball conference. stop dreaming of Power 5 because our football team stinks so much. we are lucky to have been invited to the new big east. thanks
yes, let's aspire to be Seton Hall or "Creighton". Aim low fellas.

Reaction Score
yes, let's aspire to be Seton Hall or "Creighton". Aim low fellas.
you are what im referring to mr. fanboy. enjoy striving for the massive league matchups featuring east carolina, empty arena but ranked houston, also empty and was top of the conference tulsa, central florida, "two-lane", and some other scrub daddies.

edit: the new big east's villanova has done more than all of the AAC combined...

Reaction Score
you are what im referring to mr. fanboy. enjoy striving for the massive league matchups featuring east carolina, empty arena but ranked houston, also empty and was top of the conference tulsa, central florida, "two-lane", and some other scrub daddies.

edit: the new big east's villanova has done more than all of the AAC combined...
my aim is much higher than that - my aim is playing our real university and athletic peers.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I don't know if Hurley had an idea that UConn was going to return to the Big East when he took the job, but I am pretty confident he is very happy about it. It will really help the recruiting efforts - see the comments from the recruits themselves.

Reaction Score
where have I reminisced? I'm all about the future.
no you arent because our future is in the Big East and all you do is whine about joining the acc with BC, pitt, louisville and Cuse.

Reaction Score
no you arent because our future is in the Big East and all you do is whine about joining the acc with BC, pitt, louisville and Cuse.
where did I say the ACC? Big10 is a peer conference too.

Reaction Score
my aim is much higher than that - my aim is playing our real university and athletic peers.

If East Carolina is our peer then UConn has fallen far more than I realized.

Reaction Score
If East Carolina is our peer then UConn has fallen far more than I realized.
our peers are P5 schools - schools that play all sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom