Big East Films | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Big East Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That's funny, I thought the same thing when I saw the nerf hoop over the door.
Outside of the printer over his left shoulder it's the only thing that caught my attention. Came away with a different impression about the nerf hoop. Said good for him having one. Beats throwing paper into a waste basket for kicks. But he could have straightened it before going on air. No need to show you struggle to slam dunk a 6 foot hoop.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A few thoughts on this one. Some have already been mentioned:

1. Production quality was very low with some very questionable choices for “experts” on the subject. Is the Big East really affiliated with this effort and what is John Fanta thinking? This can’t be good for his career.

2. PC will always be a stepping-stone job. So you’re telling me the big storyline is a guy who had success at a mediocre program is leaving for a better job where he’ll make a ton of money. I understand and totally admire the passion of the PC fan base, but get over it. Although I will admit, I’m looking forward to Saturday.
The entire source of PC fans' anger is this, that he demonstrated clearly and definitively that PC is only a stepping stone.

Everyone they hired after Gavitt left to launch the BE was either incapable of sustaining any success (Mullaney 2.0 [too old], Chiesa, Welsh, Davis) or willing to jump once something better came along (Pitino, Barnes, Gillen).

Cooley was supposed to be different. He was supposed to be one of them (he was born and raised in Providence). With him leaving for greener pastures, they were slapped in the face with the prospect that they may in fact be doomed to being little more than a pit stop on a coach's resume.

Reaction Score

1. Production quality was very low with some very questionable choices for “experts” on the subject. Is the Big East really affiliated with this effort and what is John Fanta thinking? This can’t be good for his career.

2. PC will always be a stepping-stone job. So you’re telling me the big storyline is a guy who had success at a mediocre program is leaving for a better job where he’ll make a ton of money. I understand and totally admire the passion of the PC fan base, but get over it. Although I will admit, I’m looking forward to Saturday.
How many times do we really need that fan tell us about "the brand"?

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Good documentary, a lot of recap of stuff already known/ speculated on. Game at PC on the 27th is going to be mayhem.

The audio mixing on the doc was terrible, otherwise worth a watch to get any Big East fans fired up for this week.

Reaction Score
Good documentary, a lot of recap of stuff already known/ speculated on. Game at PC on the 27th is going to be mayhem.

The audio mixing on the doc was terrible, otherwise worth a watch to get any Big East fans fired up for this week.
That drove me nuts. I kept having to adjust my TV volume (watched it over Roku) because there were such wild swings. I really hope they get that issue ironed out for the next one. I also felt the documentary ran a little long, given that it didn't cover a wide range of Providence-related stories.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

The conference is not affiliated with it in any capacity

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The entire source of PC fans' anger is this, that he demonstrated clearly and definitively that PC is only a stepping stone.

Everyone they hired after Gavitt left to launch the BE was either incapable of sustaining any success (Mullaney 2.0 [too old], Chiesa, Welsh, Davis) or willing to jump once something better came along (Pitino, Barnes, Gillen).

Cooley was supposed to be different. He was supposed to be one of them (he was born and raised in Providence). With him leaving for greener pastures, they were slapped in the face with the prospect that they may in fact be doomed to being little more than a pit stop on a coach's resume.
The doc honestly made me respect and feel bad for their fans a bit. They know its doable. They watched Calhoun do it next door.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The documentary had a lot of pretty good old video clips and told a fairly compelling story, but the only interviewee that brought anything to the table was the old guy. The PC college junior and the dude sitting the dark, really?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The documentary had a lot of pretty good old video clips and told a fairly compelling story, but the only interviewee that brought anything to the table was the old guy. The PC college junior and the dude sitting the dark, really?
I suspect its someone who is doing this for the first time and is working through being new in the process, but I thought given those expectations they did a really good job. I hope they continue to get better and follow through with the other 10 schools. I also hope they improve the sound engineering.

The voice narration was excellent.

Reaction Score
So pretty much Providence fans are mad at a coach for building a great culture that the community can get excited for, taking them to heights they didn’t know was possible, and then making a smart business move to leave for another opportunity.

They sound ungrateful and bitter.
That’s even worse than spoiled and arrogant.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I didn't know ADub had a son.
Was with him for the Georgetown game at XL. He posts on the Friars board a lot these days. The BY is like reading an emotional high school girl’s diary mixed with advanced analytics.

Reaction Score

I think that's spot on. I add that the PC fanbase bought into the We. Together. Friars stuff and got embarrassed when it turned out to be bullshit. The "collapse" down the stretch after he seemingly accepted the job, put his Houston the market, etc was not a good look either.

Reaction Score
Was with him for the Georgetown game at XL. He posts on the Friars board a lot these days. The BY is like reading an emotional high school girl’s diary mixed with advanced analytics.
And the PC board is better?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree with the descriptor of the BY but it was always this way. I could tell he was beginning to reach a limit over this forum's incessant desire to destroy anything and everything KO. I felt it was a precipitating reason for 8893's reason to end his relationship here. The final straw for ADub was when a significant minority of individuals in this forum expressed a preference to leave the BE. He's happier with a fanbase whose only allegiance is to the BE and who aren't nearly as spoiled, arrogant and obnoxious as we frequently demonstrate.

Did you ask him about the conclusion of his sister in law's wedding. He led us to believe it was the worst part of that situation but left us hanging?

Reaction Score
So is he their version of FriarJ? Or has he gone fully native and become a PC fan?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I suspect its someone who is doing this for the first time and is working through being new in the process, but I thought given those expectations they did a really good job. I hope they continue to get better and follow through with the other 10 schools. I also hope they improve the sound engineering.

The voice narration was excellent.

I thought it was pretty compelling but it went about 20 min too long when it got into the infidelity stuff..which I thought was kind of BS too. You can crush the guy for a lot in the doc but having some 19 year old stufent and some chain wearing greaseball comment on Colleys marriage? Come on now.

Reaction Score
Lol. "This dude is like a scum bag. He is a scum bag, he is a scum bag. I've called him Hitler and I don't think it's inappropriate. He's basketball Hitler."

Surprised you haven’t deleted this yet

Reaction Score
I thought it was pretty compelling but it went about 20 min too long when it got into the infidelity stuff..which I thought was kind of BS too. You can crush the guy for a lot in the doc but having some 19 year old stufent and some chain wearing greaseball comment on Colleys marriage? Come on now.
Unfortunately the last 20 minutes cheapened the whole thing IMO

Reaction Score
It sounds like it's the reason he left. This was basically a 30 for 30 on Ed Cooley with bad production values. The reason for him leaving has to be a part of the story.

I was hoping it would be more about the program and their history instead of an Ed Cooley doc. Spend more time on Bad News Barnes and Ernie, talk more about how Jason White Chocolate Williams and Tim Duncan should've been playing together. Talk about the Croshere, Derrick Brown, Shammgod, Garces team.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Didn’t even catch this part. Kind of weird how they decided to focus so much energy into slandering Cooley and ignoring other parts of Providence’s history. It’s not a good start.

Like I wouldn’t want them focusing almost an hour of our doc on the end of the Ollie era or Calhoun NCAA investigations. That just doesn’t seem right.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It sounds like it's the reason he left. This was basically a 30 for 30 on Ed Cooley with bad production values. The reason for him leaving has to be a part of the story.

I have no idea if it's true, but to allow people to comment on it like it's a fact while admitting they actually don't know, is pretty poor form.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

I was hoping it would be more about the program and their history instead of an Ed Cooley doc. Spend more time on Bad News Barnes and Ernie, talk more about how Jason White Chocolate Williams and Tim Duncan should've been playing together. Talk about the Croshere, Derrick Brown, Shammgod, Garces team.
And how about Gomes? Maybe they'll cover that in the UConn episode :)

Reaction Score
Agree with the descriptor of the BY but it was always this way. I could tell he was beginning to reach a limit over this forum's incessant desire to destroy anything and everything KO. I felt it was a precipitating reason for 8893's reason to end his relationship here. The final straw for ADub was when a significant minority of individuals in this forum expressed a preference to leave the BE. He's happier with a fanbase whose only allegiance is to the BE and who aren't nearly as spoiled, arrogant and obnoxious as we frequently demonstrate.

Did you ask him about the conclusion of his sister in law's wedding. He led us to believe it was the worst part of that situation but left us hanging?
Interesting. I was wondering "what happened to that August West guy that always posted here?".

Very true about the Boneyard, but yet I still keep coming back here because I can get UConn centric coverage and links to articles other people have found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom