Big East Films | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am not doubting you or questioning you, but how do you know that players from last year's team won't speak to Ed Cooley? Do you know the players personally or have connections to people that do know the players? Keep in mind I have not watched the video yet.

Reaction Score
That was absolutely brutal. For a minute I was amazed that the conference would allow that to be put out there
What say would the conference have in it? Who is the person behind the "Big East Films" account? It's obviously not officially produced or anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What say would the conference have in it? Who is the person behind the "Big East Films" account? It's obviously not officially produced or anything.
I don't know. That's a pretty well made video.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't know. That's a pretty well made video.
Agree. The amount of old clips gathered, some very direct and perfect in each moment, is mind blowing.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a dog in this fight, and I’ve disliked both Cooley and Providence fans since about 2012. But, that thing really veers into some bad fan fiction type vibes at times.

Reaction Score
It was certainly a choice to feature prominent interviews with a forum/Twitter shitposter who in the documentary admits to calling the subject of the documentary basketball Hitler 500 times on Twitter.
They should have omitted that clip. Calling Cooley "Hitler" is wildly inappropriate for myriad reasons. Cooley is a selfish opportunist who arguably betrayed Providence College and its supporters, but not a genocidal fascist who drums up hate for disfavored groups of people. Wrong metaphor, and given the seriousness of what's going on in the world right now, it's insanely tone deaf to include that. Honestly, it makes the speaker and the producers of the project seem immature and ignorant.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So pretty much Providence fans are mad at a coach for building a great culture that the community can get excited for, taking them to heights they didn’t know was possible, and then making a smart business move to leave for another opportunity.

They sound ungrateful and bitter.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don’t have a dog in this fight, and I’ve disliked both Cooley and Providence fans since about 2012. But, that thing really veers into some bad fan fiction type vibes at times.
It's as if someone made a video of a fan message board. In that I think it's terrific, if a little risky. They do seem to clearly outline what is speculation and rumor versus first can knowledge.

Reaction Score
If Divine Providence was any indication of how the rest of this series will be, I have some high expectations for what is to come.

CL82

Reaction Score
They should have omitted that clip. Calling Cooley "Hitler" is wildly inappropriate for myriad reasons. Cooley is a selfish opportunist who arguably betrayed Providence College and its supporters, but not a genocidal fascist who drums up hate for disfavored groups of people. Wrong metaphor, and given the seriousness of what's going on in the world right now, it's insanely tone deaf to include that. Honestly, it makes the speaker and the producers of the project seem immature and ignorant.
Largely agree. Maybe the producers get a pass because they are just showing what's out there and the depth of feeling that Cooleys abrupt departure caused?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Largely agree. Maybe the producers get a pass because they are just showing what's out there and the depth of feeling that Cooleys abrupt departure caused?
That there are OTT emotional reactions and statements to disappointment and betrayal. Who would have thunk it.

This production missed a great opportunity not having Georgetown fans present their point of view.

If the BIG does a Caitlin Clark feature they should interview you and @nomar.

Reaction Score
A few thoughts on this one. Some have already been mentioned:

1. Production quality was very low with some very questionable choices for “experts” on the subject. Is the Big East really affiliated with this effort and what is John Fanta thinking? This can’t be good for his career.

2. PC will always be a stepping-stone job. So you’re telling me the big storyline is a guy who had success at a mediocre program is leaving for a better job where he’ll make a ton of money. I understand and totally admire the passion of the PC fan base, but get over it. Although I will admit, I’m looking forward to Saturday.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Don't think it's that serious. It's a joke. He even said obviously he's not like real hitler, he's like a basketball version. Was just his way of saying terrible villian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom