Big East Conference Game Thread - January | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Game Thread - January

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They’re winning and they just beat a team we are raving about beating, yet so many here laugh at them. We have some whacky fans I’ll tell you, give credit where credit is due. They are tough and will not be fun to play for anyone. Was rooting hard against them today but respect the grittiness they play with.

Marquette guy walks into the lane on a FT miss, guy makes 2 stupid player. Morsell did not foul Durham (not a fan always falling) that hurt. Watson was tougher than their bigs down the stretch. They were too worried about blocking shots and not getting rebounds.

Dunkin more of a Home court advantage than we’ve had in years, well done by their fans and students who had a couple mile walk to the DD.
my sentiments also on everything you said. Morsell didn't foul Durham on that play. But I was very entertained with this game. I really credit the fans at the Dunkin Donuts Center for creating that loud and raucous atmosphere. Read my post above about being back in the Big East.

Reaction Score
going outside of basketball, UConn's own Kyle Larin just stuck a dagger in our heart with the first goal at the 7 min mark against USA

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
going outside of basketball, UConn's own Kyle Larin just stuck a dagger in our heart with the first goal at the 7 min mark against USA
We should still be fine.

Reaction Score
Offensive rebounding is what we'll need against PC. Marquette is tough. Helluva game

Reaction Score
You don’t watch college basketball. That’s ok. They win low scoring close games where they don’t cover. That’s called overrated.

There’s a difference between “watching college basketball” and understanding it while watching it. I mean they find ways to win and did it again today against a team many thought was one of the hottest in college basketball. Good team!

Reaction Score
Wow what a great game and atmosphere at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence-they were loud as hell. I am so glad UConn is back in the Big East. I have much more interest in non-UConn conference games in the Big East then I ever did in the AAC. I am not even trying to dig at the AAC as I think UConn let the AAC down after 2016 more than the AAC let them down. But other than SMU, Cincinnati, Houston, and Wichita State playing each other, I didn't have any interest in the non-UConn AAC games. Tulane, Tulsa, East Carolina, USF, and UCF are a bore.
Even a team like DePaul, which is 1-9, is competitive. 6 of their 9 losses were close games until the final four minutes. Also, Georgetown has some young talent, and just added Wayne Bristol, the 2020 MEAC rookie of the year.
If you don't come prepared to play every game in the Big East, you may have a bad night.

Reaction Score
Offensive rebounding is what we'll need against PC. Marquette is tough. Helluva game
Agreed, however UConn is #2 team in the nation in offensive rebounding.

Providence is an RJ Cole away from being a great team, a top-10 team. 2 through 5, they have a nice roster, I just don't like Jared Bynum.

Reaction Score
Agreed, however UConn is #2 team in the nation in offensive rebounding.

Providence is an RJ Cole away from being a great team, a top-10 team. 2 through 5, they have a nice roster, I just don't like Jared Bynum.
I think the next matchup would be epic between the 2 teams.

Reaction Score
There’s a difference between “watching college basketball” and understanding it while watching it. I mean they find ways to win and did it again today against a team many thought was one of the hottest in college basketball. Good team!

Well thankfully I’ve been reading your whacky posts for 10 years, so knowing we disagree confirms my thinking and will make me feel great tonight. Thanks sir!

Reaction Score
Providence is good. They may not be 18-2 good. But they’re 18-2 and good. That’s really all that matters
It’s really this simple, and people can disagree on what that middle ground is. I think that is fair.

Reaction Score
Well thankfully I’ve been reading your whacky posts for 10 years, so knowing we disagree confirms my thinking and will make me feel great tonight. Thanks sir!

Lol good for you! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Providence is good. They may not be 18-2 good. But they’re 18-2 and good. That’s really all that matters

Yep good Call.

You just have to be a dope to call them overrated that’s all, simple!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There is absolutely nothing overrated about this PC team. For a while I was thinking that they were lucky/fortunate and that is ebbing BUT they need to beat Nova or Marquette away from RI for me to say without a doubt they are the real deal. Yeah they have some quality wins but most came when the opponent was missing some studs.
I don't care if they win the regular season but to win the NBE tournament is a different story - I don't see that happening

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
5 teams look real good for the NCAAs: Nova, UConn, Xavier, Marquette, and Providence.

Seton Hall and Creighton (both 12-7) all of a sudden look like they may end up on the wrong side of the bubble. I think Seton Hall is 18-11 going into the Big East tournament. I think Creighton is 18-12 going in. They probably both have to win their first round games to get in.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

This. You can acknowledge that they've gotten some breaks this year while also admitting that they're a good team that should be a tough out in the tournament.

Reaction Score
The ratings guys seem to think the Big1G is much better than the Big East. It’s too bad they cant play head to head to see who is better, oh, wait…

Reaction Score
This is just ridiculous

Prov covered 7 of 8 lines in the middle of the season but since their predictive metrics and Vegas caught up a bit, they've failed to cover 3 of the last 4 games. This line is already juiced a point in Providence's direction to account for the difference in perception between the predictive metrics and the public. The value is probably in St. John's, but the game is likely a coin flip.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Why do you think it's a flip? The records and games I've seen don't support that POV, this should be a PC win all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom