Line: Butler -5.5/140.5

21 Xavier @ Creighton, 2pm, FS1 - Vince Welch, Nick Bahe
Line: Xavier -1.5/137.5

St. John's @ 14 Villavova, 4:30pm, FOX - Aaron Goldsmith, Donny Marshall
Line: Villanova -13.5/139

20 Connecticut @ DePaul, 6:30pm, FS1 - Lisa Byington, Brian Butch
Line: Connecticut -8.5/142.5

Reaction Score
Thinking about betting Butler -5.5. They are coming off of a complete beat down of Creighton and appeared to be much better than Georgetown in our recent games. Plus, they're at home.

Not sure I'd bet any of those other games. Would be stoked if UConn covered -8.5.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Not sure I'd bet any of those other games. Would be stoked if UConn covered -8.5.
I’m on under 142.5 in our game. We don’t shoot as well on the road and DePaul struggles scoring at all. Seems high.

Reaction Score
Creighton up 36-19 at halftime.

12:50 left in the game it’s 38-36 Xavier. Yep you see it right 19-0 Xavier 2nd half. Wow

Reaction Score
This Xavier run is insane. Creighton absolutely clueless defending the Scruggs/Nunge pick and pop.

Reaction Score
This Xavier run is insane. Creighton absolutely clueless defending the Scruggs/Nunge pick and pop.
Yeah, Creighton keeps switching up their D trying to figure it out.

Xavier on a 35-9 run.

Ryan Nembhard is so inconsistent game-to-game, but when he's on, he's special. Really curious to see his development through the years.

Freemantle needs to shave. He also finally looks healthy.

Good chippiness to this game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Happy I bet Xavier -1.5 after losing on Butler -5.5. Will take a breakeven day.

Love to have so much good basketball to watch during this storm.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm starting to seriously doubt that the league is going to get 7 teams in. This was a huge loss and terrible week for Creighton. They played a bottom-tier Butler side and had a 17-point lead at home against Xavier. That is devastating. Their next two games are at us and Seton Hall. Very possibly two more losses. I honestly don't think Creighton is a tournament team anymore. It also doesn't help that they lost at home to a bad Arizona State team.

Seton Hall (12-7) is also in trouble in my opinion. They still have to play at us, Nova, Xavier, and Creighton and Xavier and Creighton at home. They are only going to play 29 games in the regular season. If they go 3-3 or better in that stretch and win their other 4 remaining games, I think they will be fine. However, I would not surprised if they go 1-5 against the top of the league.

I do think Providence, us, Nova, and Xavier are pretty much locks at this point. Marquette looks good BUT they have a big three-game stretch that could leave them with NINE losses with a lot of games still to play.

At this point, I think the most likely total is 6. That's disappointing right now but at the beginning of the season would have been heralded as a major success.

Reaction Score
I'm starting to seriously doubt that the league is going to get 7 teams in. This was a huge loss and terrible week for Creighton. They played a bottom-tier Butler side and had a 17-point lead at home against Xavier. That is devastating. Their next two games are at us and Seton Hall. Very possibly two more losses. I honestly don't think Creighton is a tournament team anymore. It also doesn't help that they lost at home to a bad Arizona State team.

Seton Hall (12-7) is also in trouble in my opinion. They still have to play at us, Nova, Xavier, and Creighton and Xavier and Creighton at home. They are only going to play 29 games in the regular season. If they go 3-3 or better in that stretch and win their other 4 remaining games, I think they will be fine. However, I would not surprised if they go 1-5 against the top of the league.

I do think Providence, us, Nova, and Xavier are pretty much locks at this point. Marquette looks good BUT they have a big three-game stretch that could leave them with NINE losses with a lot of games still to play.

At this point, I think the most likely total is 6. That's disappointing right now but at the beginning of the season would have been heralded as a major success.
I think Marquette is a borderline lock as well. They have more losses than us, but they have so many high quality wins.

Also so many leagues are down this year. Soft bubble.

Reaction Score
Also so many leagues are down this year. Soft bubble.
That’s why I’d like more mid-majors to make the tourney.

WCC looks like a four-bid league. MWC could get three. MVC, OVC, C-USA, A-10 and SoCon could get two bids of their top teams earn at-large bids and another team wins the tourney.

Reaction Score
Good Alabama/Baylor game on ESPN for anyone looking to kill time before 6:30

Reaction Score
Sunday
12:30 PM- 22 Marquette at 17 Providence
FS1: John Fanta, Vin Parise
Line: Providence -1.5/138.5

Reaction Score
The environment in PC is amazing right now. Makes me even more upset we can't play there this year.
I agree. Great crowd.

Minaya is a perfect fit for Providence. Versatile, thickly built forward who can do a little bit of everything. Such a Cooley guy. I’ve also been impressed how well Croswell has played lately.

Reaction Score
Marquette up 6 over Providence at half-time. That win keeps looking better and better. Wait I forget they didn't have Darryl Morsell. So that win didn't count as a real win. LOL! Even though we didn't have a healthy Sanogo. Gotta love the BY.

Reaction Score
That arena is going to blow up. What an exciting crowd at Providence. Marquette is nasty. loving this 7 game streak they have.

Shaka is looking like a genius right now

Reaction Score
Marquette up 9. Providence very careless with the ball leading to fast break points for Marquette. Marquette is looking impressive. The Dunk is very quiet now.

Reaction Score
If Marquette would play with any sense of control and patience. This wouldn’t be a 1 point game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom