Big East Conference Game Thread- February | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Game Thread- February

Reaction Score
Be great if Xavier can pull this out somehow, last thing I want to do is face Xavier off back to back losses
We’re running into a hornet’s nest Friday. That’s already a loud arena. They’ll need a win, and the city is already humming for the bengals. Going to be tough.

Reaction Score
We’re running into a hornet’s nest Friday. That’s already a loud arena. They’ll need a win, and the city is already humming for the bengals. Going to be tough.
We're UConn. We've seen monsters before. The pressures on them. Jump on them early, theyre prone to slow starts.

Reaction Score
We're UConn. We've seen monsters before. The pressures on them. Jump on them early, theyre prone to slow starts.
Hoping you’re right - Friday will be a challenge. They need the win, but it’s a tall task.

Reaction Score
GTown is significantly worse than DePaul. It's stunning.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Omg GTown with the miracle bank 3 for a push. SMH.

Reaction Score
Idk if they recover
They can attract a big name coach. They are a monster program. But man, Ewing needs to step down tonight and just be done with it. It’s embarrassing for his legacy

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Time to point and laugh at Syracuse for losing to this Georgetown team

Reaction Score
Omg GTown with the miracle bank 3 for a push. SMH.
Unbelievable collapse to get it to 8. DePaul was up 20 with two minutes to go, right?? Can't imagine watching that final minute with money on the line.

Reaction Score
They can attract a big name coach. They are a monster program. But man, Ewing needs to step down tonight and just be done with it. It’s embarrassing for his legacy
Can they though? They haven’t really won since John Thompson and his son. I think GTown is all nostalgia at this point. I think it’s going to be a long climb for GTown unless they hire a $tar head coach

Reaction Score
I don't know. Our 2017-18 season was pretty terrible, and we were fortunate enough to be in a lesser league than the Big East. Give that team Georgetown's 2021-22 schedule and you'd probably see similar results.
Yea but being down by 25 to an 11-10 DePaul team?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Time to point and laugh at Syracuse for losing to this Georgetown team
Syracuse is going to make the tournament. Just watch. They are quietly on a 4-game winning streak. They are 13-11 right now. If they win 18 in the regular season and 2 in the ACC tourney, they'll probably get in because the bubble is soft this year.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is going to make the tournament. Just watch. They are quietly on a 4-game winning streak. They are 13-11 right now. If they win 18 in the regular season and 2 in the ACC tourney, they'll probably get in because the bubble is soft this year.
They're 115th in WAB and 71 in KenPom. 0-5 in Q1. They're going to need to beat some better teams. They have to win at least 2 of their 4 remaining Q1 games to have any shot, and they are underdogs in all 4 and 5+ point underdogs in their most signature win opportunities (Home Duke and @VTech... but neither are even that impressive). Torvik gives them 2% chance of an at-large bid.

Last edited:

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Syracuse can conceivably win their next 3, but then they play Notre Dame in South Bend, Duke at home, North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and Miami at home to close the regular season.

I just love that this is set up to give Syracuse fans hope only to... Well, we'll see won't we!

:)

Reaction Score
Can they though? They haven’t really won since John Thompson and his son. I think GTown is all nostalgia at this point. I think it’s going to be a long climb for GTown unless they hire a $tar head coach
Sure they can. I'd argue that they are still the 3rd best job in the BE behind UConn and Villanova. They have the history, a new practice facility, unlimited money, and a huge fanbase (which has dwindled because they suck). Campus location is in a fun city, and they play in one of the best basketball conferences. There's no reason a good coach couldn't come in there and turn them around as quickly as Shaka just for Marquette.

Reaction Score
Sure they can. I'd argue that they are still the 3rd best job in the BE behind UConn and Villanova. They have the history, a new practice facility, unlimited money, and a huge fanbase (which has dwindled because they suck). Campus location is in a fun city, and they play in one of the best basketball conferences. There's no reason a good coach couldn't come in there and turn them around as quickly as Shaka just for Marquette.
Goodman basically outlined the same on the Field of 68 After Dark show last night. He noted that candidates were extremely hesitant to go to Georgetown last time because of Big John's presence and control of the program.

Now with his unfortunate passing it sounds like they will have a better go at candidates. Even cited one coach he talked to that could be a candidate for both the Maryland and Georgetown jobs and said he would prefer Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Goodman basically outlined the same on the Field of 68 After Dark show last night. He noted that candidates were extremely hesitant to go to Georgetown last time because of Big John's presence and control of the program.

Now with his unfortunate passing it sounds like they will have a better go at candidates. Even cited one coach he talked to that could be a candidate for both the Maryland and Georgetown jobs and said he would prefer Georgetown.
I hope for the sake of the Big East and our rivalry that they make a great hire. The league will be even more fun than it already is if we get to play a ranked Georgetown team twice a year.

What other big brand jobs are likely to be open this year?

Louisville
Maryland
Georgetown (99% sure)
Syracuse (Maybe?)
Pittsburgh (also maybe?)

They'll have some competition, but UofL has issues, UMD is basically a clone of Georgetown, and Cuse is less attractive now with the ACC losing K and Roy.

Reaction Score
Syracuse can conceivably win their next 3, but then they play Notre Dame in South Bend, Duke at home, North Carolina in Chapel Hill, and Miami at home to close the regular season.

I just love that this is set up to give Syracuse fans hope only to... Well, we'll see won't we!

:)
All of these teams have been pretty inconsistent this year so anything's possible. ACC is weak, schizophrenic, and soft this year overall. The metrics say 2% chance, but I'm sure they'll somehow make it in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom