Big East Conference Game Thread- February | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Conference Game Thread- February

Reaction Score
That ends with us losing by less than 4 points...again
Or winning(Auburn). This team, this season, has shown it can beat high level teams. Not too long ago we just beat Marquette at Marquette. We’ll be ready to go on Saturday. Wether that results in a win, I can’t tel you. But I don’t think it will be a bad showing

Reaction Score
Or winning(Auburn). This team, this season, has shown it can beat high level teams. Not too long ago we just beat Marquette at Marquette. We’ll be ready to go on Saturday. Wether that results in a win, I can’t tel you. But I don’t think it will be a bad showing
We'll see. I've been the one on here getting crap all year saying that we are a top 10 team. After last night I am starting to lose that faith. They just have some of the lowest bball IQ when the clock hits 2 minutes in a close game. So many little things than need to be fixed and they still are not.

Reaction Score
We'll see. I've been the one on here getting crap all year saying that we are a top 10 team. After last night I am starting to lose that faith. They just have some of the lowest bball IQ when the clock hits 2 minutes in a close game. So many little things than need to be fixed and they still are not.
But see that’s a you problem. You have over the top expectations. And are now swinging into the other extreme. Why can’t there be a middle ground. We’re ranked 17th in the country. Why can’t that just actually be wh9 we are? Nova lost by 20 to this same creighton team we’re saying sucks. The boneyard is like a bubble, where no one actually has a pulse of the country outside of storrs. Every team in the country has a loss this season like we had last night. Every single team. We need to relax, and gain some perspective. We knew this game was a trap game. Many expected it to be tough.

Reaction Score
But see that’s a you problem. You have over the top expectations. And are now swinging into the other extreme. Why can’t there be a middle ground. We’re ranked 17th in the country. Why can’t that just actually be wh9 we are? Nova lost by 20 to this same creighton team we’re saying sucks. The boneyard is like a bubble, where no one actually has a pulse of the country outside of storrs. Every team in the country has a loss this season like we had last night. Every single team. We need to relax, and gain some perspective. We knew this game was a trap game. Many expected it to be tough.
We were favored by almost double digits. We should have steamrolled this team, they barely scored 50 points on us and we still managed to lose. Let's see if we can finally win the "big" game this year. Last year we didn't win a single one of them. This year we have Auburn and that's it. If we get swept by Nova, PC, Creighton, and Xavier there will be some major issues that need to be addressed. We have to start being able to beat teams that aren't in the bottom third of the league

Reaction Score
We were favored by almost double digits. We should have steamrolled this team, they barely scored 50 points on us and we still managed to lose. Let's see if we can finally win the "big" game this year. Last year we didn't win a single one of them. This year we have Auburn and that's it. If we get swept by Nova, PC, Creighton, and Xavier there will be some major issues that need to be addressed. We have to start being able to beat teams in the top 3rd of the conference
Should Nova have steam rolled this team?

Reaction Score
We were favored by almost double digits. We should have steamrolled this team, they barely scored 50 points on us and we still managed to lose. Let's see if we can finally win the "big" game this year. Last year we didn't win a single one of them. This year we have Auburn and that's it. If we get swept by Nova, PC, Creighton, and Xavier there will be some major issues that need to be addressed. We have to start being able to beat teams that aren't in the bottom third of the league
Marquette on the road was a big win too

Reaction Score
Marquette is the best team in the conference- that is a great road win. I'm not sold on Nova and I really think PC is smoke an mirrors to be honest. I watch them and I just don't get how they keep winning. That win at Marquette was huge. Its gonna come together.

Reaction Score
February will be the telling month for the Big East. The 4 probable's (Marq, Uconn, Friars, Nova) all have work to do. Who has put the structure in place to play consistently winning ball to take the regular season title?

Marq is really talented, hot and the next 2 games end the 'hard' portion of their schedule. But they are down in the L column.
Nova is Nova but maybe less Nova than in the past. Maybe. Tough February coming up for them.
Friars may not beat everyone but they are not going to fall off a cliff.
Uconn has the best athletes but if last nights game is any indication vs top half of conf...just don't know if they can pull it together for several tough games. Is last night really where they are at on Feb 1st??

And X isn't going to roll over for anyone.

Reaction Score
With 4 min to go Marquette is giving it to Nova as they are up 13

Reaction Score
With 4 min to go Marquette is giving it to Nova as they are up 13
Yep, Like I said in the other thread they have 4 players who can beat you. Lewis, Kolek, Prosper and Morsell.

Reaction Score
Some of the folks in the BY bubble might be shocked to learn that Wisconsin shot an abysmal 3-24 from 3 tonight. Bad shooting games and trap games happen to even Top 10 teams at least 1-2 times a season.

Reaction Score
Line for Marquette-Nova game was another head scratcher. Hottest team in the BE getting 4.5 at home. Was basically free money.

Reaction Score
Impressive win for Marquette. It will be a hungry Villanova team at home on Saturday. I hope we perform a lot better and bring our A game.

Reaction Score
Marquette has a very easy schedule the rest of the way. After they play us next week, they finish the season with Butler twice, Georgetown, Creighton, DePaul, and St Johns.

Reaction Score
Some of the folks in the BY bubble might be shocked to learn that Wisconsin shot an abysmal 3-24 from 3 tonight. Bad shooting games and trap games happen to even Top 10 teams at least 1-2 times a season.
This is a good take. At the end of the day the best thing for Creighton was us missing open looks. If the team shoots their season average on Tuesday they win. We don’t need to complicate it. I’d rather have this cold spell in Jan/Feb

Reaction Score
Thursday, February 3
6 PM- St. John's at Georgetown (McDonough Arena)
FS1: Kevin Fitzgerald, Donny Marshall
Line: St. John's -5/156.5

Reaction Score
Marquette has a very easy schedule the rest of the way. After they play us next week, they finish the season with Butler twice, Georgetown, Creighton, DePaul, and St Johns.

Which could be a scarry thing for a young team. Don't play flat to lesser teams are always tough for coaches. We are talking about 18 year olds.

Reaction Score
Shaka has to be considered for Coach of the Year. I'm so impressed with the talent he assembled in year 1, and how well they play with each other. They have well defined roles.

Like most people, I didn't even have them as an NIT team this year. Now, they are 5-1 versus ranked opponents during this stretch and are playing for a high seed in the tournament.

That win for UConn at Marquette looks better and better! I wonder how the return game will play out. Perhaps we are a bad match for them. But if I recall Morsel didn't play in that game.

Reaction Score
Marquette is the best team in the conference- that is a great road win. I'm not sold on Nova and I really think PC is smoke an mirrors to be honest. I watch them and I just don't get how they keep winning. That win at Marquette was huge. Its gonna come together.
Dare I say this, is it possible the Big East is not the bad dog we think it is.

1643902355600.jpeg

Reaction Score
When was the last time a team swept Villanova in Big East? Butler 2017?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom