Big East Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Championship

caw

Reaction Score
Claude seems to be the only player that came to play for X

Reaction Score
You can't be milling around with high screens on the perimeter against them. Take the ball to the hoop.

caw

Reaction Score
This actually shouldn't be too surprising to anyone. Marquette is much deeper and just as good, or better in the starting lineup (especially without Freemantle).

Probably a much closer game not back-to-back-to-back.

Reaction Score
Does Marquette have anyone who is “NBA good”? Meaning guys who will leave after this year? Or do they just have great college players who won’t leave early because they don’t have the potential like Hawk? They are gonna be a handful again next year

caw

Reaction Score
Boum looks horrible.

Mitchell (and Jones) are absolutely locking him down. Prosper locking up another premiere SG also.

Does Marquette have anyone who is “NBA good”? Meaning guys who will leave after this year? Or do they just have great college players who won’t leave early because they don’t have the potential like Hawk? They are gonna be a handful again next year

Prosper maybe but he feels like he needs another year to show he has NBA offense. No clue how the NBA rates Kolek. He controls the game better than any college player I've seen this year, but NBA loves athletes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Chatted with a prep HS coach (just retired) from RI about Kolek and the NBA. Wasn’t sure he’d be athletic enough (to be fair I said that about this level too). He said he reminds him of Steve Nash and now I can’t unsee it. That’s exactly how he plays.

Reaction Score
Chatted with a prep HS coach (just retired) from RI about Kolek and the NBA. Wasn’t sure he’d be athletic enough (to be fair I said that about this level too). He said he reminds him of Steve Nash and now I can’t unsee it. That’s exactly how he plays.
That would be quite a skill in todays college game as a coach. Recruiting guys who project as really good/great college players who will stay 3 or 4 years vs great players who will leave after a year or two and realize their real potential in the pros. Marquette literally may return everyone next year. Has a UConn 1997-98, 1998-99
Vibe to them if they finish strong in the NCAAs this year.

Reaction Score
Marquette is constantly communicating with each other on the defensive end.
Kolek is your typical great college PG and leader on the floor. He's also very crafty.

caw

Reaction Score
Nah. UConn lost to Xavier twice this year. They belong in this game.

X is that team this year for UConn, bad matchup. Not a better team necessarily but just a bad matchup (UConn also played X twice when they had Freemantle, much different team).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom