Big East Championship | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Championship

Reaction Score
I guess Marquette is the real deal. I admit I wasn’t a believer.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
X has 27 7 minutes into the 2nd half, and is down by 27. Didn't see that coming

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Nah. UConn lost to Xavier twice this year. They belong in this game.
That's not the point.

UConn came frustratingly close to beating Marquette last night - any one of a dozen 2nd half close plays/calls go the opposite way and we're playing tonight.

Xavier looks outclassed. This is a beatdown.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is starting to look like Duke drubbing Pitt on Thursday. Duke played subs for last 10 minutes, and walk ons for final six, and Pitt still couldn't eat into the lead.

Reaction Score
Nah. UConn lost to Xavier twice this year. They belong in this game.
Never convinced by this argument. You always have stuff like that happen. Years when we couldn't beat a team, but won the national championship. And vice versa. I mean, UConn didn't lose to DePaul and Butler.

Reaction Score
That's not the point.

UConn came frustratingly close to beating Marquette last night - any one of a dozen 2nd half close plays/calls go the opposite way and we're playing tonight.

Yay we win the participation trophy.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Texas has a claim to a 1 seed too. 14 Quad 1 wins and won the conference tourney (destroying KU) in the best league this year
Texas does, but it won’t be at Kansas expense. They will stay a one. The only thing Kansas loses tonight it probably the overall one, and maybe not even that . Texas could bump ucla though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As much as everyone gets on UConn about losses, I have seen zero fight or adjusments from Xavier tonight. UConn fought and battled last night, and that will serve them well going forward. Frankly, Xavier plays zero D and has no bench. They are tremendous offensively when clicking, but they can't win games if their offense does not execute well.. Tonight's game makes UConn's loss last night look better. Don't get me wrong, I am not into moral victories, but you got a C plus UConn last night, and an A minus Marquette, and UConn was still right there to win in the end. Just gotta hope they get a good draw and fire in the first game. If so, watch out!

Reaction Score
That's not the point.

Huh? Connecticut were stuck in Marquette's bracket because they couldn't beat Xavier. That's it (the point).

Reaction Score
As much as everyone gets on UConn about losses, I have seen zero fight or adjusments from Xavier tonight. UConn fought and battled last night, and that will serve them well going forward. Frankly, Xavier plays zero D and has no bench. They are tremendous offensively when clicking, but they can't win games if their offense does not execute well.. Tonight's game makes UConn's loss last night look better. Don't get me wrong, I am not into moral victories, but you got a C plus UConn last night, and an A minus Marquette, and UConn was still right there to win in the end. Just gotta hope they get a good draw and fire in the first game. If so, watch out!

Get me a legit PG and this UCONN squad would be going places.

Reaction Score
And Shaka really, really can. Especially defense. But this game isn't a great look for the "new" BE.

Was obvious sarcasm. Teams have off nights. Marquette looks like it could be a final 4 team. A blow out but Xavier is good enough to make a run

caw

Reaction Score
Huh? Connecticut were stuck in Marquette's bracket because they couldn't beat Xavier. That's it (the point).
With Freemantle! With him X is better than this, by a lot. Without him, not so much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom