Big East Championship | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East Championship

Reaction Score
I'm cool with that. The OBE was a coach's league and it's good to see Shaka and Miller (whatever you think of him, he can coach) join the league. Hopefully SJU and GTown make solid hires.

100% agree. People who talk about how the ESPN made the Big East miss the point. It was the coaches who put together competitive squads (and the Big East saved ESPN by giving it live content to air).

Reaction Score
Donnie just broke out his homerism damn I hope he’s right about us.

Reaction Score
Donny just yelled his pick for national champions on the post game... “The noah’s arc of college basketball… UCONNNN HUSKIES”

Don’t get the Biblical reference but glad to have the support
So I can pour myself another drink. I thought I was hallucinating.

Reaction Score
Nope. Not at all.

Other than Marquette, we were the most impressive team in the tournament by a wide margin.

Had UConn's game with Marquette gone to OT, would that have been more or less impressive than the result that did happen?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Just ran a similar play they ran on UConn last night and got another open three, but missed it. They were locked in yesterday.

And Kam Jones misses another three. 0-6 from three, four wide open
Wish Jones had this last night. He it us up on downtown three's.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Had UConn's game with Marquette gone to OT, would that have been more or less impressive than the result that did happen?
Nothing St. John's does is impressive. It's their idiom.

Reaction Score
I genuinely believe we would’ve beaten that Xavier team. Dammit

Reaction Score
Good for Shaka. Didn't like him too much at VCU but he's a really good coach. Did an incredible job in only 2 years
My son in law is a Texas grad living in Austin. They despise Shaka there. Think he was an awful coach

caw

Reaction Score
The Big East final was last night. And the wrong team won.

Unfortunately this is not a first this year. Hurley's offense gets good shots a lot of the time. Up to players to make them. Problem is good shots are harder to get in tight games with good teams (although Joey got two and Hawkins one last night at the end of the game, no not the last second one)

Reaction Score
Donny just yelled his pick for national champions on the post game... “The noah’s arc of college basketball… UCONNNN HUSKIES”

Two of everything.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think Marquette covers -2.5

Still surprised Xavier beat Creighton.

This should be a fun, up and down game.
What do you think now?

Have you reconsidered that Marquette might be better than you thought, or that UConn wasn't as bad you thought in losing by two points to Marquette last night?

A to whoever wrote last night that UConn showed itself to be no better than 4th best in the Big East:

There were worries that UConn would lose to Seton Hall (& Villanova!) and fall to 6th (or 7th) and not get a bye.

It was imagined that UConn would lock down 5th, but the Nova win and PC losing to Seton Hall pushed UConn to 4th, which was the pre-season prediction.

With last night's loss to Marquette, UConn could not be the best team in the BET, but after Xavier drubbed Creighton, might UConn look like the 3rd best BE team if the Marquette-Xavier game was close?

And now that Marquette so soundly defeated Xavier, can the argument be made that UConn deserves to considered the 2nd best BE team?

Does anybody not expect tomorrow's seedings to bear that assessment out?

Reaction Score
What do you think now?

Have you reconsidered that Marquette might be better than you thought, or that UConn wasn't as bad you thought in losing by two points to Marquette last night?

A to whoever wrote last night that UConn showed itself to be no better than 4th best in the Big East:

There were worries that UConn would lose to Seton Hall (& Villanova!) and fall to 6th (or 7th) and not get a bye.

It was imagined that UConn would lock down 5th, but the Nova win and PC losing to Seton Hall pushed UConn to 4th, which was the pre-season prediction.

With last night's loss to Marquette, UConn could not be the best team in the BET, but after Xavier drubbed Creighton, might UConn look like the 3rd best BE team if the Marquette-Xavier game was close?

And now that Marquette so soundly defeated Xavier, can the argument be made that UConn deserves to considered the 2nd best BE team?

Does anybody not expect tomorrow's seedings to bear that assessment out?
Whatever the seeding, we are going to have to man up and play great basketball consistently on both O and D. Can’t have players checking out like last game.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Whatever the seeding, we are going to have to man up and play great basketball consistently on both O and D. Can’t have players checking out like last game.
Winning is the fulfillment of positive intention.

Success doesn't come from cheering for what you don't want to not happen.

Who visualizes not missing a free throw or not missing a putt?

Can you let go of that worry-laden second sentence? The first one is fully sufficient.

Reaction Score
"Whatever the mind can conceive and believe--The mind can achieve." Napoleon Hill

Lets do this .. UConn has championship DNA

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Likely going to drown, but somehow survives.

caw

Reaction Score

I got one

Carrying one of each gender to survive and advance?

Yeah he’s calling dual NCs.

I have no clue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

He's not only the carpenter, he's the captain and the caretaker. Which also means he's got a ton of poop to clean up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom