Big Bubble Night Discussion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big Bubble Night Discussion

Reaction Score
How on earth is North Carolina in "Last Four Byes" category? They have seven losses, including a loss against Georgia Tech and NC State. The only good win they have is against Stanford, who is the last team in the field.
Yeah some of his choices are odd....all I can think of is he's giving UNC "credit" for playing & losing to TX & Iowa and ACC slightly better than BE. Otherwise our win vs USC is better than UNC over Stanford. Our KenPom is 36 to UNC 42

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've given up correcting people, since it makes me look like a richard, but I have the feeling you appreciate it. So FIFY
Thanks. I checked it out in genuine curiosity and came away educated.

As a further recognition, when I gut-check my intake and register no upset in being alerted to content errors, I am (toward certain posters) thereafter emboldened to humble brag that I make mistakes, don't mind admitting to them, and don't object to having them noted & corrected.. . which of course is far more dickish, though only to a limited and sometimes more deserving audience.

Reaction Score
We just don’t have enough quality wins right now essentially because we haven’t played enough games. I think most people assume we’re going to win @ Georgetown (myself included) but right now that would be our 4th best win in the eyes of the committee and only our 4th Q1/Q2 win. If we take care of business down the stretch and boost our resume on the BET we’ll be more than fine.

Reaction Score
We just don’t have enough quality wins right now essentially because we haven’t played enough games. I think most people assume we’re going to win @ Georgetown (myself included) but right now that would be our 4th best win in the eyes of the committee and only our 4th Q1/Q2 win. If we take care of business down the stretch and boost our resume on the BET we’ll be more than fine.
If we beat Nova we’re in

Reaction Score

I hope we won’t need much help to get in, but this certainly helps.

Yeah, A-10 and the MWC both very good mid-major conferences...the only difference is the MWC has four teams that have established themselves as the top of the conference.

On the other hand, the A-10 has totally gone haywire: Saint Louis and Richmond were supposed to be elite mid-majors, VCU was supposed to have a rebuilding year. Really Saint Bonaventure is the only team going to plan: a very underrated team teetering in and out of the bubble. Doubtful it'll happen, but there's a real chance A-10 will just be a one-bid league despite being top-to-bottom, the 8th best conference in the nation.

Reaction Score
Watching Indiana right now against a really bad MSU team and they look like a team we would beat by 15-20 points easily. I think most of the Big 10 is overhyped, but of course Lunardi has Indiana in and us out in his current Bracketology

Reaction Score
Watching Indiana right now against a really bad MSU team and they look like a team we would beat by 15-20 points easily. I think most of the Big 10 is overhyped, but of course Lunardi has Indiana in and us out in his current Bracketology
This year, more than ever, not having good out of conference games hurts because we can’t see how we match up against other power 5 conferences. So all these analysts see is Big10 teams beating up on each other and assuming it’s the best conference out there, but we really don’t know for sure aside from the eye test or the limited early season out of conference games that happened.

Reaction Score
My biggest concern, and I’m surprised no one is talking about this, is that zero players on our roster have March madness experience. I truly believe that having a couple guys on the roster with March madness experience would go a long way in making a deep run, or even getting out of opening weekend due to the nerves.
There was no tourney last year, so any player who’s a sophomore or freshman has no March madness experience regardless of the team.

Reaction Score
There was no tourney last year, so any player who’s a sophomore or freshman has no March madness experience regardless of the team.
Ok, what about juniors and seniors? Not sure I follow your point

Reaction Score
Ok, what about juniors and seniors? Not sure I follow your point
Someone posted that we’re at a disadvantage because none of our players have March Madness experience. My point is that at best a team may have seniors and juniors who’ve played in the tourney, but not a full roster of players. I don’t see that being much of an advantage.

Reaction Score
Didn’t really hurt our chances much today, would’ve been a huge help. But other teams doing work for us. Absolutely need these next 4.

Reaction Score
Minnesota just lost by 31 at home. Granted, it was Illinois, but still. Losing by 30 at home???
They've been really, really good at home all year, too (9-1 against top 150 teams). Pretty wild result.

Reaction Score
We are also getting quite a bit of help today as others have pointed out. We were squarely on the last 4 in/out in most brackets heading into today, with majority having us in. We are a tournament team now, so all we have to do is not have any bad losses in the last 4, with a win at Hall cementing things IMO. Then if we stay a 4/5 seed, that’s where things get tricky. If Xavier and St. John’s are both out and we play one of them and they beat us, that may be enough to potentially knock us out depending on how many Big East teams get in.

Or if an unexpected team makes a run in big east tourney and knocks us out that way. I agree that winning 1st game in BE tourney will be huge and potentially a must.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom