Big Bubble Night Discussion | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Big Bubble Night Discussion

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have no idea how Butler has 8 wins, because I thought that team flat out sucked in both games against UConn. They are slow, unathletic, and their center is a total stiff. I don't get it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Cooley told the crew on this game that he was looking to schedule a quality non-conference opponent. Marquette scheduled a quality non-conference opponent. What do they know that we don't?

Reaction Score
Cooley told the crew on this game that he was looking to schedule a quality non-conference opponent. Marquette scheduled a quality non-conference opponent. What do they know that we don't?
Marquette and Providence are not at large teams so nothing to lose. I'm guessing UNC regrets playing Marquette now. We don't need any ooc games, we just need to win the games we have at this point.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Marquette and Providence are not at large teams so nothing to lose. I'm guessing UNC regrets playing Marquette now. We don't need any ooc games, we just need to win the games we have at this point.

That is a great strategy if you want a first or second round exit,

Reaction Score
You realize Providence and Marquette aren't making the tournament, right? And you realize UNC's tournament chances just took a hit tonight, right?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You realize Providence and Marquette aren't making the tournament, right? And you realize UNC's tournament chances just took a hit tonight, right?

What happens if UConn loses a game between now and the BET?

Reaction Score
That is a great strategy if you want a first or second round exit,
We are a bubble team, I just want to be safely in and 2 more wins & no bad loses should do it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

So you know more about basketball than Roy Williams. Good to know.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We are a bubble team, I just want to be safely in and 2 more wins & no bad loses should do it.

I have been catch static for days because of some very fair criticism of Hurley, but then when I suggest that we sack up and play some more games, 80% of this board wets its pants. How bad do you think UConn must suck if you are afraid of them playing an A10 team?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What the hell does Ed Cooley and Roy Williams' intelligence have to do with UConn losing a game before the BET? Holy strawman

If you don't want to defend your stupid position, then don't. You are arguing that UConn should not play anymore games. What do you know that Williams and Cooley don't?

Reaction Score
If you don't want to defend your stupid position, then don't. You are arguing that UConn should not play anymore games. What do you know that Williams and Cooley don't?
I know that Cooley and Williams are not the coaches of UConn and have no relevance to me saying UConn does not need to schedule more games because we're a tournament team. Dan Hurley looked at UConn's schedule for his decision, Ed Cooley and Roy Williams did not look at UConn's schedule, which is what we are discussing

Reaction Score
I have been catch static for days because of some very fair criticism of Hurley, but then when I suggest that we sack up and play some more games, 80% of this board wets its pants. How bad do you think UConn must suck if you are afraid of them playing an A10 team?
We gain nothing by playing URI or UMass at this point, it won't help our seed and stacking games right now is a bad idea. We will have opportunities to improve NCAA seed in BET if we win a couple more games prior.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We gain nothing by playing URI or UMass at this point, it won't help our seed and stacking games right now is a bad idea. We will have opportunities to improve NCAA seed in BET if we win a couple more games prior.

Whatever. Hurley is not playing any games outside the remaining schedule, and I am tired of arguing hypotheticals.

One question though. Which of the 4 championship teams, plus the 2009 Final Four team, plus the 5 that made it as far as the Elite 8, plus the 3 other Sweet 16 teams, ran from challenges during the regular season?

Are we UConn or are we URI? I know which one you think we are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom