Big 12 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big 12

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
See. Here’s the thing. You don’t actually know this. It is just more CR puffery. No one knows anything. I don’t know how many times one has to get T-bagged in the CR carousel to finally realize that no one ever knows anything.
It’s flippin amazing reading all this crap all the time .
I will grant that your opening sentence seems inevitable. But you don’t KNOW this and even if it is fact ( and it’s not) you still have no idea of when.

This is all getting to be pretty sad, but I find it so amusing because of posts like this ( (and threads like this) I have a hard time shedding tears .
Isn’t getting tea-bagged a good thing though?

Reaction Score
I don't think you're suggesting it, but we should never join any conference for basketball only.
Your assumption is correct. All sports with the possible exception of hockey.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That is one of two realistic fears. The other is that as the financial gap between a P-4 school and the Big East continues to grow, eventually more of that money will filter into P-4 hoops in a manner that will make it impossible for Big East schools to keep up.

Neither of these harms will happen overnight. But are they realistic fears going forward? heck yes.

I think some money will, but it won't be substantial. All we keep hearing over and over and OVER again is that basketball doesn't matter in conference realignment. How can basketball not matter and not move the needle on one hand, but matter enough for all the schools to pour tens of millions of dollars into on the other? If it truly matters that much, then it will begin to show in the media deals these conferences are signing.

Reaction Score
I think some money will, but it won't be substantial. All we keep hearing over and over and OVER again is that basketball doesn't matter in conference realignment. How can basketball not matter and not move the needle on one hand, but matter enough for all the schools to pour tens of millions of dollars into on the other? If it truly matters that much, then it will begin to show in the media deals these conferences are signing.
Basketball matters, just not UConn basketball, evidently. Nothing we do is ever good enough for these power conferences

Reaction Score
That is a possibility. I hope that is the future. But it is just as possible that P-4 schools will raise more money more quickly than they can spend it on pigskin and divert more of it to hoops.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NIL and paying players is just starting to come to fruition. Just wait, you will see
Your making an unsubstantiated claim here. Teams aren’t “allowed” to discuss nil money with recruits and now they are going to be giving players the tv money? Unlikely…if anything there are going to be stricter rules on NIL than schools actually cutting these kids checks

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Why is the ACC not an option? BC still being a bunch of clowns? It's decent football even if Clemson and FSU leave and basketball is very good with some good rivalries.

Reaction Score
Your making an unsubstantiated claim here. Teams aren’t “allowed” to discuss nil money with recruits and now they are going to be giving players the tv money? Unlikely…if anything there are going to be stricter rules on NIL than schools actually cutting these kids checks
Ok, no discussing NIL money “wink wink”.
Got it LOL. By the way, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Florida State and Clemson made a huge mistake signing that deal that made it impossible for them to leave the ACC. They honestly should just say screw it pay the billion dollar exit fee so that they’re not funding a dying conference for the next 15 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe now that the Kevin Ollie payments are finished, basketball will no longer have deficits...
I'm not sure that's correct. In any event only two payments were made to Kevin Ollie and they were both made in the same fiscal year, if I recall correctly.

I do think that men's basketball has the opportunity to break even, give or take a bit this year given that there likely will be more ticket revenue this year.

Reaction Score
How has that worked out for Syracuse or Pitt or BC?
Isn’t all about winning national championships? I forget, how many national championships did BC and Pitt win while they were in the Big East?

Reaction Score
What does Title IX have to do with football programs breaking off into their own conferences?
Nothing.........................IF those programs don't attempt to drop women's teams. Title IX is not about equal participation in NCAA sports, it's about equal participation in college sports.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
See. Here’s the thing. You don’t actually know this. It is just more CR puffery. No one knows anything. I don’t know how many times one has to get T-bagged in the CR carousel to finally realize that no one ever knows anything.
It’s flippin amazing reading all this crap all the time .
I will grant that your opening sentence seems inevitable. But you don’t KNOW this and even if it is fact ( and it’s not) you still have no idea of when.

This is all getting to be pretty sad, but I find it so amusing because of posts like this ( (and threads like this) I have a hard time shedding tears .

I guess if you’ve paid like zero attention to college sports, the concept of the power conferences separating from the NCAA likely seems impossible, but it’s going to happen.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The ratings won't be there if they cut out UConn, Gonzaga, Villanova, etc. and they certainly won't be there if there are no cinderellas.

What part of the last 20 years makes you think that they care about UConn or need UConn to do whatever it is that they do?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What part of the last 20 years makes you think that they care about UConn or need UConn to do whatever it is that they do?

That's not what I said. I said it would be incredibly stupid and would make them less money. If they don't care about that because of uniformity, then fine, but there's no chance an NBA Jr. tournament where they're trying to sell us on Vanderbilt and Washington being the cinderellas is going to get anywhere close to the same ratings as the NCAA tournament does.

Reaction Score
Nothing.........................IF those programs don't attempt to drop women's teams. Title IX is not about equal participation in NCAA sports, it's about equal participation in college sports.
Dropping Title IX is probably very high on pols from SEC states lists.

Reaction Score
Why is the ACC not an option? BC still being a bunch of clowns? It's decent football even if Clemson and FSU leave and basketball is very good with some good rivalries.
The ACC is another dying conference. I feel like we'd be the college athletics' equivalent of scavenger moving from one rotting carcass to another. I couldn't get the analogy exactly right, but you get my point.

Reaction Score
Ok, no discussing NIL money “wink wink”.
Got it LOL. By the way, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.
The point is if the schools themselves aren’t supposed to discuss nil pre commitment they aren’t going to start allowing them to distribute money. You’re making a very large assumption without anything to back it up. Sounds like someone already sold you a bridge

Reaction Score
Wait until the courts rule that student athletes are employees of the college. Then you're going to see unionization, and in short order likely demands that include far less travel time away from their studies.

The super conferences that are coast to coast might start thinking about contraction, particularly if it doesn't affect their bottom line.

Oh, and the ACC is considering inviting Cal and Stanford? I mean, I guess the ACC would then stand for the Any Coast Conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom