Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
I’m being realistic, not getting my hopes up yet again for an invite that never seems to come. I was 100% opposed to leaving the AAC because I believe it put us in a really bad position to get an invite. We would have still won the national title last year coming out of the AAC. The Big East move did nothing for our hoops program and it destroyed our football program

Reaction Score
I’m being realistic, not getting my hopes up yet again for an invite that never seems to come. I was 100% opposed to leaving the AAC because I believe it put us in a really bad position to get an invite. We would have still won the national title last year coming out of the AAC. The Big East move did nothing for our hoops program and it destroyed our football program

Wow.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Did you reread this? Did nothing for our hoops program? If you think that your clueless.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Did you reread this? Did nothing for our hoops program? If you think that your clueless.
trolls.jpg

Reaction Score
We’re not in the NYC market. We’re in the Hartford market. That’s our problem and that’s why no conference has offered us. Our football has been terrible and that’s a big negative. We need to have a run like Cincinnati and UCF to draw interest.
How far is Fairfield from NYC? I think I might have walked that before.

Reaction Score
We’re not in the NYC market. We’re in the Hartford market. That’s our problem and that’s why no conference has offered us. Our football has been terrible and that’s a big negative. We need to have a run like Cincinnati and UCF to draw interest.

Actually UConn is in the NYC market. Fairfield County is part of the NYC DMA and Fairfield County is in Connecticut. Thtats over 300K households and when combined with the Hartford/New Haven market makes CT a top 22 DMA in the entire USA.

Our football was really good, we went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2010, and went on a bad streak due to poor coaching hires. I agree we need to go on a run and with Mora thats a possibility.

Have you looked at the 10 year records of traditional football powers, start with Nebraska. They could use a run also and there are others.

Reaction Score
CT border to NYC is less than 15 miles.
Have you ever noticed that when driving to the city, from Hartford say, that the pulse quickens in that last half hour? I has become a lot more fun now that the NAV systems have gotten so good. Maybe not so much where exactly you are going, but more letting you know where the traffic tie ups are.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Have you ever noticed that when driving to the city, from Hartford say, that the pulse quickens in that last half hour? I has become a lot more fun now that the NAV systems have gotten so good. Maybe not so much where exactly you are going, but more letting you know where the traffic tie ups are.
Haven't worked in that area for nearly three decades but few things were ever worse than commuting into Hartford.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yesterday was a good day for UConn’s chances of getting invited to join the Big 12. Since it looks like the PAC 12 will hold together, the Big 12 has no other options but UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom