Big 12 Meetings | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Meetings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Warde Manuel left the Athletic Department immeasurably better than when he found it. And it might not have been as attractive a job to Benedict were it not for the improvements made by Manuel.

The belief that he is the reason we are where we are is based on nothing but people's need to find someone to blame.

... but, but, but the Bahamas.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was listening to College Sorts Nation on SXM radio this morning. The two clowns hosting the show feel that the Big12 needs to stay in their footprint. Why would a Uconn fan base want to be playing Texas or Oklahoma St. ?? Really ?? These guys need to take off their blinders.

So many of these people are provincial tools. The whole reason the B12 is screwed and scrambling is because their footprint is garbage. It's Texas, KC, Oklahoma City and nothing. Even the ACC is much, much better off. Any expansion must be to new markets outside the footprint, preferably with actual people in them.

Reaction Score

Kevin McGuire is the same guy who claimed that UConn was doing nothing to get into the Big 12 a few months ago. He cited Jacobs' article that showed no public records of effort, but then conveniently ignored the part of JJ's piece that said "only a fool would believe UConn is doing nothing."

This guy is a hack, please don't reward him with any page views.

Reaction Score
Kevin McGuire is the same guy who claimed that UConn was doing nothing to get into the Big 12 a few months ago. He cited Jacobs' article that showed no public records of effort, but then conveniently ignored the part of JJ's piece that said "only a fool would believe UConn is doing nothing."

I'm pretty sure he wrote this same piece about 2-3 months ago. He may have switched UConn from dead last to middle of the pack this time around. But yes, he's a d1psh1t and got owned by Dooley on Twitter if I remember correctly.

Reaction Score

Anyone who makes this statement needs to give back any money he is earning for writing such an article. Just clueless. Yes, let's take a sub par (for now) FB program and leave out their all world BB programs. Yeesh...:rolleyes:

The best bet for UConn may be to get a football-only invite, but even that could potentially be a reach when all is said and done.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
This was just sent to me by my (connected) buddy at UT. It's from Orangebloods. I'm in a meeting and don't have time to figure it out. But here it is raw.

Pretty much confirmed everything in pinned post. He was told within the last week that the Big XII would vote no on expansion. He was told last night the ACC tv deal changed everything. He said Texas is Houston's biggest opposition to joining the Big XII. He said Texas is more interested in Florida and the NE (he actually specifically mentioned UConn). They have support from other member schools. He said they have presented data to the Big XII showing Uof H and the SEC significantly beat the Big XII in TV ratings in Houston. Uof H outrated both Texas and A&M in Houston on TV last year. Houston will present plans to expand their stadium to 60k seats. He said Herman landing the best recruiting class in non-P5 history is actually hurting them with the Big XII right now. He said they have a "date" with the Big XII soon. He said there is a lot of work between getting a date and getting married. He said they will also meet with all of the other P5 conferences.

No idea what any of that means haha..hope he can clarify.

Reaction Score
When Benedict was hired, Susan Herbst said:

“He brings a national network, no question about it,” UConn President Susan Herbst said. “He knows amazing people. He knows people at that level, and it is very important to us.”

(Hope some of them are in the Big 12, besides DelConte).

UConn President Susan Herbst said that national experience and network of contacts, along with Benedict's financial acumen, were key in bringing him to Connecticut.

She pointed specifically to his role as lead negotiator in getting Auburn a nine-year, $78.1 million endorsement deal with Under Armour.

Hopefully, Benedict can negotiate the deal that the Big 12 wants.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
When Benedict was hired, Susan Herbst said:

“He brings a national network, no question about it,” UConn President Susan Herbst said. “He knows amazing people. He knows people at that level, and it is very important to us.”

(Hope some of them are in the Big 12, besides DelConte).

UConn President Susan Herbst said that national experience and network of contacts, along with Benedict's financial acumen, were key in bringing him to Connecticut.

She pointed specifically to his role as lead negotiator in getting Auburn a nine-year, $78.1 million endorsement deal with Under Armour.

Hopefully, Benedict can negotiate the deal that the Big 12 wants.

Here is an inside peek of the B12/UConn negotiations...

Bowlsby: "Good after-"
Benedict/Herbst: "We will take it!"

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
That kid is as big a tool as Thamel!
I agree. I hate to defend Thamel but at least he has real sources and has written that UConn, Cinci and BYU are the leaders.

Reaction Score
Another geography major...

FootballScoop Staff@FootballScoop 42 mins ago
Our resident Big 12 expert @zach_barnett provides the definitive ranking of the Big 12 expansion candidates

A definitive, realistic, blunt and sure-to-enrage ranking of the Big 12 expansion candidates - FootballScoop

... and he's on it like a dog on bone!

Dooley @DooleyMcStitch 2 mins ago
You guys need a new "expert". Google UConn football TV ratings. Compare ESPN/ESPN2 games with other G5 schools.

Reaction Score

Not all of us are that dumb.... and if you're going to write an article about this and not even mention/evaluate based on the criteria BIGXII mentioned, how are you being "definitive"

Reaction Score

FootballScoop Staff@FootballScoop 42 mins ago
Our resident Big 12 expert @zach_barnett provides the definitive ranking of the Big 12 expansion candidates

A definitive, realistic, blunt and sure-to-enrage ranking of the Big 12 expansion candidates - FootballScoop

The only reason that story was written is because the clown who wrote it is a master at "bait clicking". He absolutely has visited the Boneyard and knows where the most clicks will come from. Yes he is the masterbait clicker.

Reaction Score
I was listening to College Sorts Nation on SXM radio this morning. The two clowns hosting the show feel that the Big12 needs to stay in their footprint. Why would a Uconn fan base want to be playing Texas or Oklahoma St. ?? Really ?? These guys need to take off their blinders.
Texted Zarzour after asking him how Houston would make the B12 more money when they own the market already. No response of course.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you for adding the fanboy rhetoric without an ounce of insight. Speaking of trolls.

Troll check list
Post knocking board school, couched in terms of reasonableness
Post feigning hurt feelings
Angry post calling someone else a troll

So we are just waiting for:

Post storming off in a huff.

Reaction Score
You really have nothing to base your negative opinion of Benedict on besides bitterness. Honestly, how do you think this works? Benedict gives Bowlsby one phone call and we're in?
I have no negative opinion of Benedict. I have a negative opinion of Manuel.

Reaction Score
I truly hope you don't praise Hathaway.
I don't. I know Mr. Manuel arrived at a really bad time, but I just feel that he could have done better before leaving UConn in the dust.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Do Big12 fans realize you can't really even drink while tailgating at BYU? You can drink IN our stadium! 1000 points UConn
Valid point. We also have a dairy farm on campus, much more a cultural fit than people realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom