Big 12 expansion candidates down to at least 12 schools, sources say | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big 12 expansion candidates down to at least 12 schools, sources say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Confirmed...

Mark Blaudschun@blauds 1 hour ago
Uconn officials meet with big 12 in Dallas on thurs

Jeff Jacobs@jacobscourant 2 hours ago
Yes, also am told UConn to meet with Big 12 on Thursday

Reaction Score
When the Big 12 picks it's schools when do they officially join the conference in terms of games and participation?

Reaction Score
Probably not until 2018. Depends on what conference they pull teams from. Different conferences have different requirements on how much notice must be given but usually it's 1 or 2 years

Reaction Score
When is this decision expected if anybody can guess?

Reaction Score
When is this decision expected if anybody can guess?

They are hoping to have recommendation on direction for the October 17th President/Board meeting - but it is the Big 12 and decision making hasn't been a strong suit.

Reaction Score
If I were the University President or the AD, I would be using this as leverage to try and encourage the B1G to swoop in. We are getting close to a decision and are a good candidate. I would tell the head of the B1G that we will have to accept a B12 invite if no other options are available but that we would prefer to be in the B1G. It could be a waste of time but it is still worth a shot as I would MUCH rather be in the B1G. If a tactic like this is attempted, it needs to be very soon to give B1G presidents time to react.

Reaction Score
If I were the University President or the AD, I would be using this as leverage to try and encourage the B1G to swoop in. We are getting close to a decision and are a good candidate. I would tell the head of the B1G that we will have to accept a B12 invite if no other options are available but that we would prefer to be in the B1G. It could be a waste of time but it is still worth a shot as I would MUCH rather be in the B1G. If a tactic like this is attempted, it needs to be very soon to give B1G presidents time to react.

Good point and in all honesty the school is seriously negligent if they're not leveraging this with both B1G and the ACC.

Reaction Score

On the other hand, if the B1G thinks the B12 is going to fall apart in 8-10 years, we might become available later anyway. They might not be in a hurry.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Can we stop with this? We all know this, but can we perhaps generate a smidgen of excitement for the Big XII. It's a damned good basketball conference. I know football gets the press, but it was a 7 team bid league last year with a 1 seed, 2,3,4,5 and 6 seed. You will not be unhappy with the quality of basketball being played. I also think UConn's style of play will be advantaged, vs. the old "thug" Big East officiating we often face now, which hurts us against Memphis, Temple and Cinci, who play a high contact game.

Reaction Score
Can we stop with this? We all know this, but can we perhaps generate a smidgen of excitement for the Big XII. It's a damned good basketball conference. I know football gets the press, but it was a 7 team bid league last year with a 1 seed, 2,3,4,5 and 6 seed. You will not be unhappy with the quality of basketball being played. I also think UConn's style of play will be advantaged, vs. the old "thug" Big East officiating we often face now, which hurts us against Memphis, Temple and Cinci, who play a high contact game.
No. Why? Because it is far from ideal logistically. Very far. Sure, the basketball is very good. But our team will suffer due to the heavy travel load. It will wear on them physically and it will cause an already tough time management situation to be even tougher which means academics could suffer. I am not a fan. It may be our only hope but if there is ANY chance of getting into the ACC or, even better, the B1G, we should do everything possible to try.

Reaction Score
No. Why? Because it is far from ideal logistically. Very far. Sure, the basketball is very good. But our team will suffer due to the heavy travel load. It will wear on them physically and it will cause an already tough time management situation to be even tougher which means academics could suffer. I am not a fan. It may be our only hope but if there is ANY chance of getting into the ACC or, even better, the B1G, we should do everything possible to try.

There isn't anything that can be done, the B1G and ACC are NOT expanding anytime soon. B12 is the BEST/ONLY option we have to join an elite P5 conference. Academics will not suffer that's BS excuse. We already have two teams in Texas, 1 in LA, 1 in Oklahoma, and 2 in Florida. I'm sure they can work out the logistics so the team isnt on the road that much.

If we sit back and wait for something that aint coming we will be stuck in a dead conference especially if they take Cincy and Houston. Just imagine Ollie recruiting players when we have a real conf. I crossing my fingers they take us.

Reaction Score
KO recruiting out of a real conference would be incredible. I'm actually amazed at what he's getting done from where he is. BTW, we were getting bashed on BE boards because we weren't top 5 like we used to be but I point out where we came from to get our last 2 national championships. For people worried about travel in the Big 12 I say this, would you rather have to play all of your meaningful games in Nov and Dec or travel to play good conference teams that may even be ranked? If this is all we have then by all means.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
UConn football will be the death of me, and this basketball program.

This offense is so painfully anemic and uninteresting. Even if we were winning games, which by all means we aren't, it's not fun to watch.

RIP

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UConn football will be the death of me, and this basketball program.

This offense is so painfully anemic and uninteresting. Even if we were winning games, which by all means we aren't, it's not fun to watch.

RIP

At least be honest about how much you were looking forward to this so you could make your snarky post.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
At least be honest about how much you were looking forward to this so you could make your snarky post.
Dude get lost. You act like I'm here with an agenda. I'm watching this awful game and I just wanted to make a post on here without your instant judgement. Your officially on ignore. Your are one of the three most miserable people on this board, I can't believe at one point I wrote the words "I respect you and like your posts".

This football team is abysmal, 3 turnovers in the first half.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Dude get lost. You act like I'm here with an agenda. I'm watching this awful game and I just wanted to make a post on here without your instant judgement. Your officially on ignore. Your are one of the three most miserable people on this board, I can't believe at one point I wrote the words "I respect you and like your posts".

This football team is abysmal, 3 turnovers in the first half.

I'm the miserable one here? Okay then. I'm not the one who goes into full-on crybaby mode every time anything slightly negative happens relating to UConn athletics, or gums up threads with crap like "They picked Houston and UCF over UConn for NBA 2K17". Have a good afternoon.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I'm the miserable one here? Okay then. Have a good afternoon.
Yes. Your only role on this board is to point fingers at others.

I have made over 1000 posts on a message board for a team that I hate according to you. You see me post during a 0-21 game and think "this guy waited until now to make this post". Are you serious? You really think that I'm sitting here waiting for a turnover to hit the "submit" button?

Also this is a message board. If this isn't the place to discuss "things that happen to UConn athletics" then where? As for the Houston and UCF thing it was a joke, the fact that you can't even see that shows how GD dry and boring you are, do us all a favor and get that stick out of your ***.

I actually changed my mind on ignoring you. Mark my words I will be dishing out your own trash back to you whenever I see one of your posts now, same formula and format.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Yes. Your only role on this board is to point fingers at others.

I have made over 1000 posts on a message board for a team that I hate according to you. You see me post during a 0-21 game and think "this guy waited until now to make this post". Are you serious? You really think that I'm sitting here waiting for a turnover to hit the "submit" button?

Also this is a message board. If this isn't the place to discuss "things that happen to UConn athletics" then where? As for the Houston and UCF thing it was a joke, the fact that you can't even see that shows how GD dry and boring you are, do us all a favor and get that stick out of your ***.

I actually changed my mind on ignoring you. Mark my words I will be dishing out your own trash back to you whenever I see one of your posts now, same formula and format.

Great. Whatever makes you happy.

Reaction Score
I'm the miserable one here? Okay then. I'm not the one who goes into full-on crybaby mode every time anything slightly negative happens relating to UConn athletics, or gums up threads with crap like "They picked Houston and UCF over UConn for NBA 2K17". Have a good afternoon.
It's a little more than "anything slightly negative happens relating to UConn athletics." Our football team is a disaster and football is a pretty big part of this whole equation.

Reaction Score
I think many of us are just so frustrated with our football team and understand how much is riding on each game and the season so we may get testy but we all want the same thing.
Back in the football game. Hope to god we can somehow pull this off, at least it's not the embarrassment it was in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom