BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton | Page 5 | The Boneyard

BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton

Reaction Score
The only one with dead legs in MSG was Bouk after 20 easy minutes in 30 point blowout. Something still doesn’t sit right with me after that.
It would appear to me Hurley needed to monitor their minutes. Was it more important to win by 60?

Mike9904111

99-04-11-14-23-24
Reaction Score
Well, it'll be a guaranteed 4 bids for sure for the Big East. Didn't come into the BET thinking Georgetown was gonna win it, they'll be in at 13-12 with the automatic bid lol. Gotta love March.

Also Tenspro2002 so true. With the win against Creighton tonight they'll have won 8/10 with their only two losses coming against us by 13 points and 16 points.

Reaction Score
Well, Ewing has proven he can coach. If he starts landing 5 stars, watch out.
Yup. Closing off the boards on D. Big men staying home. Using the low post with in and out. Danny might take few notes.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, Ewing has proven he can coach. If he starts landing 5 stars, watch out.

The beauty of a Ewing hire who needs $0 of his salary, is he could afford attrition and short term losses to establish his culture. His decisions last year with roster attrition appears to be paying off. I've always believed being able to afford your morals makes decision making much easier.

Reaction Score
Yup. Closing off the boards on D. Big men staying home. Using the low post with in and out. Danny might take few notes.
Maybe Patrick took notes from Danny after the annihilation in Gampel?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Down about 30, Creighton is just blatantly fouling Gtown now.

Reaction Score
I love the kid Jordan Riley he's got coming in next year.

Reaction Score
Now I know exactly what Patrick Ewing is trying to build here. I was foolish to think he took a step back last year when those guys transferred out.

But the man is building a TOUGH defensive brand of basketball here. I would say he is ahead of schedule now. This big man Wahab is amazing. Loving this team. They are making this championship game boring with so much dominance.

HOYA SAXA BABY!!!!!!

Reaction Score
One of our alumni players must have told Ewing to kick their arse.

Reaction Score
Go back to the original Hoya Paranoia.

David Wingate, Reggie Williams, Bill Martin, Broadnax, Daulton, etc were all easy to root for. Loved me some Ralph Daulton high high top boxing sneakers.

My disdain of the Hoyas started with Mourning, Mutombo, Harrington and Iverson. And truthfully I never really disliked Iverson. I was just dead set on rooting against Gtown when he played.

Not surprisingly, my disdain of Gtown correlates to JC and the rise of UConn basketball.
Sleepy Floyd was easy to like as well. I never thought much of Charles Smith III either. Too cocky for me. First time I saw Georgetown was against Stewart Granger and Villanova at the BET in Syracuse.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Great. Villanova, UConn, and Georgetown should be must see TV in the next couple years. It really is imperative to have a strong Georgetown for the BE to be fully back.

As I mentioned earlier, add in the Johnnies. Anderson is a good coach. Last night Jim Jackson and Gus kept mentioning how the Big East was always about big coaches with big personalities. Wright has earned the top spot based on his achievements. Hurley, Ewing and Anderson are top notch coaches and hit the major media markets of the BE.

Keep UConn, St John's, Villanova and Gtown as the face of the conference.

The Midwest midgets- Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette and DePaul, can fill out the middle along with PC and SHU.

Reaction Score
As I mentioned earlier, add in the Johnnies. Anderson is a good coach. Last night Jim Jackson and Gus kept mentioning how the Big East was always about big coaches with big personalities. Wright has earned the top spot based on his achievements. Hurley, Ewing and Anderson are top notch coaches and hit the major media markets of the BE.

Keep UConn, St John's, Villanova and Gtown as the face of the conference.

The Midwest midgets- Butler, Xavier, Creighton, Marquette and DePaul, can fill out the middle along with PC and SHU.
Seton Hall deserves some respect. They have help keep this conference afloat together with PC and Nova the past decade. And They were nasty last year. Sadly they couldn't show it off. Last year would've done wonders for SHU with Powell and Co.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall deserves some respect. They have help keep this conference afloat together with PC and Nova the past decade. And They were nasty last year. Sadly they couldn't show it off. Last year would've done wonders for SHU with Powell and Co.
Nah

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Sleepy Floyd was easy to like as well. I never thought much of Charles Smith III either. Too cocky for me. First time I saw Georgetown was against Stewart Granger and Villanova at the BET in Syracuse.

Absolutely loved some Erik Floyd. I have strong memories of Gtown v. UNC in the Superdome. I have no memories of Indiana v. UNC the year before. That is my intro to college basketball timeline outside of UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Charles Smith for Gtown and Mark Macon of Temple were two of the most high volume players I despised.

Reaction Score
Looks like Zegarowski spent too much time telling the UConn fans to f off when he should have been preparing for the next game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Nope. Screw SH. Better to have a real good SJU than SHU. Although I did like the SHU team which should have beat Michigan. Terry Dehere, Jerry Walker, Andrew Gage, etc. Those were some good teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom