BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton

Reaction Score
Remember Georgetown was on fire in the 2nd half against us even though it was a blow out, they scored 45 pts in the half. This wouldve been more of a fun game if we were playing even in defeat, the entertaining thing is Cuse wouldve had to root for us oh well.

They put up 58 against us in that 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Georgetown looks great and Creighton can’t shoot tonight. The sequence at the end of the half was laughable

Reaction Score
What?
They were really up for the game last night. All the pundits picked us to win the tournament. They felt disrespected. They were playing for their coach. Check out their locker room celebration last night. They were playing with emotion and intensity. 19 hour turnaround.

You can see the difference on their hedges last night vs. tonight and how they're attacking the o-boards. Plus their legs look dead on their shots today (8/30 shooting), which has given GTowni a lot of transition opportunities.

Reaction Score
They put up 58 against us in that 2nd half.

Thats right further stating my case. Bottom line Gtown wasnt a true 9-12 team coming into the BET, this year records are even more mis leading then years past.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Also, their D has been good so when they force the missed shots they are in good position to rebound it. I don't hate Creighton and I will pull for them in the NCAA tourney, but GTown winning will get a 4th team in the dance. Also, it would be great way to honor John Thompson.

Wahab has been Rudy gobert down low tonight

Reaction Score
They were really up for the game last night. All the pundits picked us to win the tournament. They felt disrespected. They were playing for their coach. Check out their locker room celebration last night. They were playing with emotion and intensity. 19 hour turnaround.

You can see the difference on their hedges last night vs. tonight and how they're attacking the o-boards. Plus their legs look dead on their shots today (8/30 shooting), which has given GTowni a lot of transition opportunities.

Georgetown is playing their 4th game in a row so dead legs don't ring true. They aren't really up playing for a championship? I don't buy that either.

Maybe they just aren't that good? Ewing better on quick turnaround? Georgetown outclassing them athletically (which we should have done as well).

I hope Georgetown takes the Cuse's bid.

Reaction Score
Kentucky had Lville number that year as well.
Which is exactly why 2014 was the perfect example. There's weird triangles of matchups in college that end up like that. Team A smokes B, B smokes C, C smokes A. It never makes any sense but it happens all the time lol

Reaction Score
You just never know in the college game. Gtown started off 3-8 and lost to Navy (!) and Butler among many others. You watch that first half vs Creighton just now and wonder how that was possible

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would like to see GTown pull off the upset to ensure another BE team in the dance, but they'd surpass us with 8 BET titles. Tough call.
LOL, that is exactly my thought process. I end up going with yes because four Big East teams making the NCAA’s is better for the league than having only three teams get in.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is playing their 4th game in a row so dead legs don't ring true. They aren't really up playing for a championship? I don't buy that either.

Maybe they just aren't that good? Georgetown outclassing them athletically (which we should have done as well).
If you don't agree that emotion factors into effort, intensity, and energy levels, then I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction Score

Maybe they just aren't that good? Ewing better on quick turnaround? Georgetown outclassing them athletically (which we should have done as well).

I hope Georgetown takes the Cuse's bid.

The only one with dead legs in MSG was Bouk after 20 easy minutes in 30 point blowout. Something still doesn’t sit right with me after that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Gtown will knock Cuse out of the Dance
Just like old days for Patrick Ewing - great player, great guy and a good coach

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Which is exactly why 2014 was the perfect example. There's weird triangles of matchups in college that end up like that. Team A smokes B, B smokes C, C smokes A. It never makes any sense but it happens all the time lol

Yup. And Florida beat Kentucky 3 times that year. And we beat Florida twice.

While Kentucky beat Louisville twice who beat UConn 3 times.

The weirdest 4 pack of teams I can remember like that

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gtown will knock Cuse out of the Dance
Just like old days for Patrick Ewing - great player, great guy and a good coach
I said that Patrick Ewing should have been considered for COY. Great job. Congrats but UConn will be crowned tomorrow night

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom