BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton | Page 4 | The Boneyard

BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton

Curiouser
Reaction Score
LOL, that is exactly my thought process. I end up going with yes because four Big East teams making the NCAA’s is better for the league than having only three teams get in.
Plus, I expect us to win more BET titles going forward.

Reaction Score
ESPN doesn't even mention Syracuse as a bubble team. It's all the mid majors sweating this out.

Reaction Score
Yup. And Florida beat Kentucky 3 times that year. And we beat Florida twice.

While Kentucky beat Louisville twice who beat UConn 3 times.

The weirdest 4 pack of teams I can remember like that

How about 2003 where we beat Cuse twice we lost to Texas and Cuse beats them in the Final Four, it can also be said that you learn from tough losses. You learn more from a loss then a win, where if you win you might not change your game plan much and you have an auro of invincibility where as if you lose its a sobering experience. Also believe as you win in the tournament you are peaking as opposed to having peaked, like our first tourney game against St Joes.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
How about 2003 where we beat Cuse twice we lost to Texas and Cuse beats them in the Final Four, it can also be said that you learn from tough losses. You learn more from a loss then a win, where if you win you might not change your game plan much and you have an auro of invincibility where as if you lose its a sobering experience. Also believe as you win in the tournament you are peaking as opposed to having peaked, like our first tourney game against St Joes.

I mean not quite the same, but definitely hurt.

Gordon was pretty brutal and careless with the ball that night.

What really makes 2014 some stuff is that if you add the other final four team, Wisconsin, then Florida looks ridiculously. Lost 3 games all year. All to final four teams, and i believe none of them were homes games.

Reaction Score
What is Creighton doing....no interest in winning this game.

Reaction Score
I have never been a Georgetown fan. Ever. Who am I? I must hate Creighton.

Reaction Score
Houston in trouble vs Memphis. That would be another bubble burst.

Reaction Score
Creighton was up like 15-10 halfway through the first half when I went to put my kids to bed.

Just got back and it's 54-28, 12:00 2nd.

What the ____ happened?!

I can't decide if this makes us look good (i.e. only team to beat Georgetown -- and did it twice, handily -- when they've been overwise unstoppable for a month) or look bad (i.e. lost to a Creighton team that is this inept on both ends against a .500 team).

Reaction Score
Houston in trouble vs Memphis. That would be another bubble burst.
As long as it keeps dook and Syracuse out.

1615684082793.png

Reaction Score
The only one with dead legs in MSG was Bouk after 20 easy minutes in 30 point blowout. Something still doesn’t sit right with me after that.
When was the last time Bouknight played consecutive nights? I’m thinking Charleston. Maybe tough for him to handle

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I have never been a Georgetown fan. Ever. Who am I? I must hate Creighton.

Go back to the original Hoya Paranoia.

David Wingate, Reggie Williams, Bill Martin, Broadnax, Daulton, etc were all easy to root for. Loved me some Ralph Daulton high high top boxing sneakers.

My disdain of the Hoyas started with Mourning, Mutombo, Harrington and Iverson. And truthfully I never really disliked Iverson. I was just dead set on rooting against Gtown when he played.

Not surprisingly, my disdain of Gtown correlates to JC and the rise of UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
You just never know in the college game. Gtown started off 3-8 and lost to Navy (!) and Butler among many others. You watch that first half vs Creighton just now and wonder how that was possible
In that span, lost leads versus West Virginia and Villanova.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom