BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton | Page 6 | The Boneyard

BET Championship Saturday - Georgetown vs. Creighton

Reaction Score
Absolutely loved some Erik Floyd. I have strong memories of Gtown v. UNC in the Superdome. I have no memories of Indiana v. UNC the year before. That is my intro to college basketball timeline outside of UConn.
I watched the Freddy Brown game with my roommates. Hard to forget Michael, Patrick and the rest.

Reaction Score
The Big East finally passed the ACC on Kenpom.

1615685551005.png

Reaction Score
I have a question, I see the people on here saying Hurley isn’t the greatest coach as far as game planning and in game. I’m not that the greatest person to judge him in that area because I know the basics. I like him as our coach, but now watching Gtown blow out Creighton, do you guys think they are tired or it’s just a bad matchup for Creighton or is Ewing a better coach than Hurley and his game plan is better? I don’t blame Hurley for our loss, I blame the poor decisions toward the end,

Reaction Score
I have a question, I see the people on here saying Hurley isn’t the greatest coach as far as game planning and in game. I’m not that the greatest person to judge him in that area because I know the basics. I like him as our coach, but now watching Gtown blow out Creighton, do you guys think they are tired or it’s just a bad matchup for Creighton or is Ewing a better coach than Hurley and his game plan is better? I don’t blame Hurley for our loss, I blame the poor decisions toward the end,
Poor decisions tend to happen when your point guard and best ballhandler can't play for the most crucial stretch of the game.

Reaction Score
Creighton had no interest in beating Ewing & G'town tonight.....won't say they laid down but terrible effort.

Definitely happy G'town won though.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Grown they were the attackers and showed the killer instincts to win this game against Creighton that we had for like 5 minutes yesterday but couldn't maintain it. Our players look tired and a steo slow which is weird. I think Hurley didn't have them prepared to fight. He is going to have to improve on this and Ewing has his kids playing with fire!!!! Going yo be a tough out with their height. Athleticism, guard play and never give up mentality.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Looks like Zegarowski spent too much time telling the UConn fans to f off when he should have been preparing for the next game.

I was gonna say, I’m pretty sure the camera caught him saying “F Connecticut” last night

the Q

Reaction Score
Go back to the original Hoya Paranoia.

David Wingate, Reggie Williams, Bill Martin, Broadnax, Daulton, etc were all easy to root for. Loved me some Ralph Daulton high high top boxing sneakers.

My disdain of the Hoyas started with Mourning, Mutombo, Harrington and Iverson. And truthfully I never really disliked Iverson. I was just dead set on rooting against Gtown when he played.

Not surprisingly, my disdain of Gtown correlates to JC and the rise of UConn basketball.

Hated ai. Scum who should’ve been in jail. Literally.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They were saying.creighton got blitzed when Zegarowski sat for a bit and the third string point guard came in. Didn’t see it but talent matters, injuries at this level can destroy you.

Reaction Score
God damn wouldve been much better for the Big East in quality of play and ratings if we were playing tonight, knowing Cuse wouldve had to root for us, even if we were to lose to Gtown it would have felt nearly as dirty losing to them then last night Creighton, its is what it is, we only got ourselves to blame.

Reaction Score
You ask if Ewing is better coach than Hurley because he beat Creighton, yet Hurley beat the doors off Gtown twice this year. I guess that means nothing.

the Q

Reaction Score
Wahab could win a dpoy by the time he’s done there

Reaction Score
Go back to the original Hoya Paranoia.

David Wingate, Reggie Williams, Bill Martin, Broadnax, Daulton, etc were all easy to root for. Loved me some Ralph Daulton high high top boxing sneakers.

My disdain of the Hoyas started with Mourning, Mutombo, Harrington and Iverson. And truthfully I never really disliked Iverson. I was just dead set on rooting against Gtown when he played.

Not surprisingly, my disdain of Gtown correlates to JC and the rise of UConn basketball.

I saw us beat Georgetown in the Fieldhouse with John Thomas hammering the boards and I think it went to overtime. The thing with GTown when they were good is that they always played tough defense but they fouled constantly and the refs could not call all the fouls so they got the advantage. I hated them and was thrilled when Villanova beat them with 2 Connecticut players in 1985. Tonight's win though I am happy for them. They really came together and had a great 4 game run!

Reaction Score
Can’t believe with all the crazy talk and bad takes in this thread no one raised the possibility that Creighton laid down intentionally so the BE could get 4 teams in the dance.

Me personally, I think they were drained & spent from the slugfest with UConn less than 24h before

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can’t believe with all the crazy talk and bad takes in this thread no one raised the possibility that Creighton laid down intentionally so the BE could get 4 teams in the dance.

Me personally, I think they were drained & spent from the slugfest with UConn less than 24h before

Georgetown is just having an absolutely insane run. This run could end at any moment, because Georgetown's talent just isn't that good, but it is fun to watch while it lasts.

Reaction Score
Georgetown is just having an absolutely insane run. This run could end at any moment, because Georgetown's talent just isn't that good, but it is fun to watch while it lasts.
That is not an accurate statement. I think we could find space for Wahab and Harris in our starting lineup. Also Blle and Mitchell are talented. They are finally healthy and also suffered with Covid issues. I think they have talent to get to the sweet 16.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom