OT: - Best Vocalist You've Seen Live | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Vocalist You've Seen Live

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ian anderson, christine aguilera, charlie daniels, billy gibbons
wished I could have heard in person; karen carpenter, donna summer, john denver, bob seeger.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love most of his stuff, but wasn’t impressed at all with him live.
Morrison along with Clapton were the two most uninspired concerts I've ever seen live. Good stuff and great musicians but neither could give a damn about connecting with the audience. They kind of go through the motions.

Reaction Score
Morrison along with Clapton were the two most uninspired concerts I've ever seen live. Good stuff and great musicians but neither could give a damn about connecting with the audience. They kind of go through the motions.
I saw Clapton in ‘90. One of the worst concerts I’ve ever seen. Never spoke to the audience, played his set, walked off.

Reaction Score
I saw Clapton in ‘90. One of the worst concerts I’ve ever seen. Never spoke to the audience, played his set, walked off.
Clapton did the same thing at Mohegan Sun concert about 10 years ago.Went with a friend and we had seen Southside Johnny for free in the Wolf Den the week before. Total opposite of Clapton and we both said we'd rather see the Jukes anytime.

Reaction Score
Wow, sorry to hear he was like this even back then. I saw him two years ago at MSG and gave him a pass because he’s in his 70s. He’s one of my favorite guitarists, so I was really looking forward to that show. I was disappointed that he played the same tired setlist he’s been playing for 5 years and as you say, didn’t interact with the audience once.
Glad I crossed him off the list but for $240 for mediocre seats, I won’t rush to see him again.

Reaction Score
Clapton did the same thing at Mohegan Sun concert about 10 years ago.Went with a friend and we had seen Southside Johnny for free in the Wolf Den the week before. Total opposite of Clapton and we both said we'd rather see the Jukes anytime.
I was at that show and you're right Clapton was a bore. But the star of that show was Clapton's side man Derek Trucks who outplayed Clapton ten fold.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What bar? I lived a half a block away from the Phoenix and there was a great place in midtown in the second floor of a building that hammered it i just cant remember the name. KC is a great town.

Not sure. Probably 1995-95. The band didn’t include him, but they announced him and had him sing 2-3 songs. He had played with so many jazz legends. Voice was a little bit like Louis Armstrong.

Reaction Score
Natalie Merchant - UConn Spring Weekend. What a lovely young lady.
Michael Stipe
Geddy Lee
Bono
Steve Perry

Grace Slick - UConn

When was Grace Slick at UConn?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ga Ga

I wouldn't go see her at one of her "regular" shows as I'm not a fan of that music genre, but having listened to her duet CD with Tony Bennett, if she did a show around here of standards, I'd be there.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
August West

Kate and Augie killed it on "The Core" at BRYAC last Saturday night, but the superlative might be a bit of the result of the sound guy's vocals on a tune just prior :D

Reaction Score
I saw him once years and years ago.

He was in a bad mood, so he essentially sat facing the band for 90 minutes.
He played the Palace Theater in Waterbury, heard he was in one of those moods and it was pretty terrible.

Reaction Score
Bob Seger, his lyrics, his music, he loves performing live, after that Winwood and Gaga
Saw Winwood open for the Allmans during what turned out to be their last show ever in CT and again opening for Steely Dan at Bethel NY. Still an amazing voice....He only got 45-50 minutes each time. Which was a shame, but he did all traffic, Spencer Davis and blind faith stuff...just one solo song..higher love.

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
Geezer here. Kingston Trio, around 1959.

Best concert from that era though was Dizzy Gillespie leading a terrific jazz combo. His vocalist was Frankie Lyman, still young after a couple of mid-fifties hits with The Teenagers. Unfortunately he never got old. :(

The venue for Dizzy was an old armory with no seating. You brought a blanket, a date, and a cooler full of beer. We sat way up front. Dizzy got pizzed at us for sneaking beers to his band members. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom