Best Steakhouses | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Steakhouses

Reaction Score
I'm old, love steak and have traveled to and eaten steak in just about every major city in this country. Trust me : it is Peter Luger's and it isn't close.
Would Wolfgang’s be close?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Would Wolfgang’s be close?

someone say wolfgangs?

P9vgcKA.jpg

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If you are every in central Florida, head to Manny's Chop House. Great steaks! Locations in Davenport, Lake Wales, Winter Haven, Lakeland and Kissimmee.

They know how to do a rare steak.

Reaction Score
Arthurs in Morris Plains NJ

Arthur’s is great for what it is and make no mistake I like it - my family lived in Bernardsville so have been there many, many times.

But it’s not quite in the league of the places that are in this thread.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
My son and I went to the UCF game. He made reservations to Linda's La Cantina (Orlando). Fantastic steak. They offer a pound, 1.5 and a 2 pounder. Spoke to my son last night to make sure I had the right name. Excellent steak. I have no idea of the appetites of the Boneyard, however, let me say the next time I will take the salad, and that is it. No sides for me. It will go to waste. I tasted my side of spaghetti and Marinara sauce. *shrugging shoulders* no big deal. In fact one bite and that was it. I have photos on my cell phone like some on this thread. I need to figure out how to do it. In addition, I have had a few good steaks at Texas Roadhouse. Even Longhorn. Linda's has a great house wine. Salad was great. Cannot wait for our next game in Orlando.

Reaction Score
I have photos on my cell phone like some on this thread. I need to figure out how to do it.
Get to the Boneyard on your phone. In the box where you can post (says "Write your reply...") you'll see "Post Reply, "Upload a File" and "More Options" on the bottom. Click on "Upload a File". Then click on "Photo Library" and click on the picture you want to upload to the post. Then click "Post Reply" after you write your post and that should do it.

August_West

Reaction Score
Get to the Boneyard on your phone. In the box where you can post (says "Write your reply...") you'll see "Post Reply, "Upload a File" and "More Options" on the bottom. Click on "Upload a File". Then click on "Photo Library" and click on the picture you want to upload to the post. Then click "Post Reply" after you write your post and that should do it.

That doesnt work for everyone. Im blocked from uploading files here. I dont know if thats me or it is the case for a lot of people.

I just upload to imgur and photo link.

Reaction Score
Any remember Hilltop steakhouse off Route 1 on the North Shore?

Not saying it was the best, but it was certainly unique (and it was very good at its prime, fell off at the end).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That doesnt work for everyone. Im blocked from uploading files here. I dont know if thats me or it is the case for a lot of people.

I just upload to imgur and photo link.

How's the diet going by the way? Yours is very similar to what I did to go from 240 to 207 in 8 weeks. I quit at that point, partly due to boredom. I'll pick it back up to get the rest of the way to 185 at some point. I've been pleasantly surprised since. You'll gain some pounds back just in water weight, once your body stores glycogen again. But for me it's been only 4 pounds (including through the Easter holiday) and fairly stable as long as I avoid going crazy, especially with beer.

Steakhouses? I'm not that picky. Fogo de Chao in Sau Paolo Brazil was great. Some places in KC have been great. Palm in Boston was very good. Ruth's Chris in San Francisco was very good. Capital Grille in Boston made me ill (I think from claustrophobia). Lately I like the steaks at Incontro where I live in Franklin, MA.

I come from a family that were ranchers in the Kansas Flint Hills. So we always like a good steak.

August_West

Reaction Score
How's the diet going by the way? Yours is very similar to what I did to go from 240 to 207 in 8 weeks. I quit at that point, partly due to boredom. I'll pick it back up to get the rest of the way to 185 at some point. I've been pleasantly surprised since. You'll gain some pounds back just in water weight, once your body stores glycogen again. But for me it's been only 4 pounds (including through the Easter holiday) and fairly stable as long as I avoid going crazy, especially with beer.

Steakhouses? I'm not that picky. Fogo de Chao in Sau Paolo Brazil was great. Some places in KC have been great. Palm in Boston was very good. Ruth's Chris in San Francisco was very good. Capital Grille in Boston made me ill (I think from claustrophobia). Lately I like the steaks at Incontro where I live in Franklin, MA.

I come from a family that were ranchers in the Kansas Flint Hills. So we always like a good steak.
going well.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Yup. My dad’s steaks coulda been used to resole his shoes.
My wife wants her BBQ'ed anything well done. After I cook her steak I have to call Forensics to identify it. Even at a restaurant it is embarrassing. She will surgically remove every 1/16 of inch of fat. She will take a slice and go to work on it. What is left on the fork is a small finger fingernail size.I want to hide. Her platee has a small pile of fat on it. Now the rest of my family? Additional 7. When it is steak time they are like vultures picking on their prey. The bone is clean. I think my wife is an alien.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

going well.
I saw the svelte wonder this past weekend (his non-Dead band is awesome btw) and can confirm that it is going well. Already Joker-ready.

C

Chief00

I eat at Abe and Louis in boston and had a great meal.
In Tampa there is place called berns which is good.
Had lunch at Abe’s and Louis - agree, food real good but I did not realize it was a steak house. Chief needs to pay attention.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I'm old, love steak and have traveled to and eaten steak in just about every major city in this country. Trust me : it is Peter Luger's and it isn't close.

we had a winner in the 6th post a month ago and this thread continues to drag on????

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom