Best Steakhouses | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best Steakhouses

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Other than the low calorie intake what are you doing?

Low Calorie, very High protein, high fiber. Eating about 200 cals every couple hours from 7 am to 6 pm (works out to about 5 times a day) nothing after 6. Crap ton of water. Walking.

I have a lot to lose so I probably am dropping the 1st bit pretty easily just by the stricter eating regimen switchup. I used to never even pickup a bite to eat until after 6PM at night for the first time every day. Im sure it will slow. But its nice to feel fast results. its motivating.

Reaction Score
Low Calorie, very High protein, high fiber. Eating about 200 cals every couple hours from 7 am to 6 pm (works out to about 5 times a day) nothing after 6. Crap ton of water. Walking.

I have a lot to lose so I probably am dropping the 1st bit pretty easily just by the stricter eating regimen switchup. I used to never even pickup a bite to eat until after 6PM at night for the first time every day. Im sure it will slow. But its nice to feel fast results. its motivating.

Absolutely man. Keep up the good work!

Take a look at intermittent fasting if you haven’t already. It’s a fanatastic weight loss tool. I wish I knew about it when I went through my big weight drop from 275 to 210ish. I’m using IF now to lean out a bit more.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Less Garcia dot dot dot more Hendrix.

Reaction Score
I didn't see J187money chime in on this thread, but I bet he would vote for Palm (any and all)!

Reaction Score
Tara's on Marco Island. Best bone-in Filet. Did the trip 10 straight years, MIA for the last 2. Miss it dearly.

Reaction Score
Wife gave a birthday party for me at Blackstone's Grill in Southport. A sleeper I tell you: Linky

Reaction Score
Pretty close to the airport.

4444 W Cypress St, Tampa, FL 33607

Definitely want to try Berns one one of my trips down...

Was staying at the hyatt place down there a couple weeks ago for a couple spring training games. Didn't make it there though

Reaction Score
About Berns in Tampa. they actually include some things with your steak so it’s not completely alacarte like so many places now.Had dinner across from Hulk Hogan who was with his daughter and wife pre divorce. He loves the place.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Berns is hands down my favorite. That being my last trip pre-kids and our first NC may have something to do with it, but the Chateaubriand for two was out of this world and the private dessert room where you can retire with a cigar and scotch is the icing on the cake. I floated out of that place.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wife gave a birthday party for me at Blackstone's Grill in Southport. A sleeper I tell you: Linky
Been to the one in Norwalk - it was awesome
As I remember there's another also

Reaction Score
Arroyo Chop House in LA is pretty damn good.

Lawrey’s in Dallas and House of Prime Rib in SF are out-dated classics.

Wolfgang’s in NYC is great - live in NYC and have been to all of the “name” steakhouses and as much as I was skeptical about Wolfgang’s it delivered.

Craziest damn thing is The Fort in Brainerd, MN where you cook your own steak. They bring it out raw you pick it and cook it.

Berns is real good and I could give you a list of great places in KC.

Reaction Score
Tara's on Marco Island. Best bone-in Filet. Did the trip 10 straight years, MIA for the last 2. Miss it dearly.
Thanks for the Tara’s recommendation. My parents have a place on Marco. Will be sure to try it next trip. The Old Marco Pub is excellent too.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Craziest damn thing is The Fort in Brainerd, MN where you cook your own steak. They bring it out raw you pick it and cook it.

Wish I'd know about that place when I used to go up there. Ex's friends had a summer place on a lake up there. Once they even took me out to go chase a tornado that knocked down a few buildings outside Brainerd.

Anyway, if you like picking your own steak, you might like Jax Cafe in Mpls where you pick your own fish out of their stream.

Haven't had chateaubriand in years as we favor bone-in and more heavily marbled. But did have an exceptional one at the Ritz Carlton in Cleveland, however, I think the accompanying bottle of 1987 Silver Oak Bonny Vineyard may have contributed to the experience.

Reaction Score
Arroyo Chop House in LA is pretty damn good.

Lawrey’s in Dallas and House of Prime Rib in SF are out-dated classics.

Wolfgang’s in NYC is great - live in NYC and have been to all of the “name” steakhouses and as much as I was skeptical about Wolfgang’s it delivered.

Berns is real good and I could give you a list of great places in KC.
The Gaslamp Strip Club in San Diego is like that too where you cook your own food. I didn't think it was all that great.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

No booze? The turd in every diet punchbowl.

Reaction Score
The Gaslamp Strip Club in San Diego is like that too where you cook your own food. I didn't think it was all that great.

Its the goofiest damn thing. If I wanted to cook I’d have stayed home. I couldn’t believe the place was packed to the gills.

Reaction Score
Its the goofiest damn thing. If I wanted to cook I’d have stayed home. I couldn’t believe the place was packed to the gills.
My ribeye was about a half inch thick. I was about 7 beers and a bottle on wine into things when we went and because of this is didn't even try to cook it. Instead my buddy cooked it and he probably had more to drink than I did. I think it was on the grill for about 30 seconds in total.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Best steak I've ever had was at Bohanan's in San Antonio. It was an 18 ounce bone-in waygu filet that cost my father-in-law $300. No shame, no regrets.

San Antonio is a very underrated place, by the way. The Riverwalk is lovely – great food, a lot of fun things to do – and then you can drive through the sprawl into the outskirts for some real outdoorsy stuff, as well as off-the-beaten-path BBQ and Tex-Mex.

Also a good place to win a national championship.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Best steak I've ever had was at Bohanan's in San Antonio. It was an 18 ounce bone-in waygu filet that cost my father-in-law $300. No shame, no regrets.

San Antonio is a very underrated place, by the way. The Riverwalk is lovely – great food, a lot of fun things to do – and then you can drive through the sprawl into the outskirts for some real outdoorsy stuff, as well as off-the-beaten-path BBQ and Tex-Mex.

Also a good place to win a national championship.
Loved the Riverwalk and especially the Mexican restaurants on it; best steaks we had there though were at Grey Moss Inn, just outside of town. Great place with excellent steaks and great wine list.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
FWIW: Dallas is the king of steakhouse cities

Look@ picture galleries AFTER dinner!

This is a great line.

Bob Sambol, the founder of the Bob’s Steak & Chop House chain, agrees. “You go to New York to eat Italian and you come to Dallas to eat steak," he says. "Everything important gets commemorated with a steak dinner. No one says, ‘let’s go celebrate with chicken.’”

Reaction Score
Really hard to beat Chicago for great steaks. Chicago Chop House, S&W, Wildfire, Lawry’s. on and on. A little hidden gem around here is JV Taproom in Farmington/Plainville line. Excellent Delmonico.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom