Best Steakhouses | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Best Steakhouses

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why do I continue to enter this thread?!

oh man.

Where else on earth would you find anyone who wanted to see your pictures of steaks?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why do I continue to enter this thread?!

oh man.
Their steak is great. Big Saints hangout. I would ordinarily never seek out a steakhouse in New Orleans because there is so much other, more interesting local/regional cuisine I want, but it is in the hotel where we stay often and we ended up there one night when we got in late and were pleasantly surprised.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Their steak is great. Big Saints hangout. I would ordinarily never seek out a steakhouse in New Orleans because there is so much other, more interesting local/regional cuisine I want, but it is in the hotel where we stay often and we ended up there one night when we got in late and were pleasantly surprised.

Interesting. Which hotel? We're going in September so my wife can have some get together thing with classmates from Loyola. Trying to decide if we want to stay at the Henry Howard Hotel again or not. Mad props to this place for more regional cuisine. jacques-imos.com Avenue Pub for beer. theavenuepub.com

Reaction Score
I cant even look at those anymore.

Im hungry.

I had to quit watching 2 of my favorite shows a month ago.

Chopped

and
Diners,Drive-ins and Dives, starring @superjohn
You really shouldn't be peeking at this thread or any food related thread for that matter.
Diets suck.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Interesting. Which hotel? We're going in September so my wife can have some get together thing with classmates from Loyola. Trying to decide if we want to stay at the Henry Howard Hotel again or not. Mad props to this place for more regional cuisine. jacques-imos.com Avenue Pub for beer. theavenuepub.com
Lafayette Hotel, on Lafayette Square. We have stayed there a few times when we've gone down for the Blues & BBQ Fest in October, which is held in Lafayette Square.

I've stayed in lots more places throughout the city for a dozen or more other visits and have lots of other food, drink and music recs. Heading out of state for a few days but shoot me a PM next week if you want to remind me to send you the email I have with lots of good information on those fronts.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I cant even look at those anymore.

Im hungry.

I had to quit watching 2 of my favorite shows a month ago.

Chopped

and
Diners,Drive-ins and Dives, starring @superjohn
I watch Diners,Drive Ins and Dives. He cracks me up.He has to take 4 huge bites out of a sandwich to comment on it. His cholesterol must be through the roof. Especially when he tries something out with a fork, can't stop eating. Love Guy's Camero.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hall’s Chop House in Charleston, SC

Reaction Score
Joseph's in Bridgeport is very good.

I don’t know. Been twice, not impressed either time. Would never go back. I think they’re living off a rep that might have been deserving at one time but IMO not any more.

Steaks: high end price, mediocre quality. Atmosphere: none. Pub like. Service: again mediocre at best, not top shelf.

Very expensive, highly overrated.

Reaction Score
I’m back at Fleming’s for the third time in the past month and... damn... delicious.

Yup always great. I always hit the one in LA on the way to or from LAX.

Reaction Score
Arthur’s is great for what it is and make no mistake I like it - my family lived in Bernardsville so have been there many, many times.

But it’s not quite in the league of the places that are in this thread.
Oh no doubt it doesn't match up to some of these top tier steakhouses - was honestly just curious if anyone would actually know the place.

Reaction Score
Berns is hands down my favorite. That being my last trip pre-kids and our first NC may have something to do with it, but the Chateaubriand for two was out of this world and the private dessert room where you can retire with a cigar and scotch is the icing on the cake. I floated out of that place.

Berns is good. Brought my parents for their 55th anniversary..yum

Reaction Score
Fleming's Steak House in Ohio was memorable.

Great atmosphere as well. The staff made everyone feel special. The Emmolo Merlo wine was possibly better than the steak dinner.

On the pricy side, but it's steak

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Cast Iron Chef Chop House in New Haven is excellent. Went with a large group and tasted a lot of items on the menu. All were great and the steak was fantastic. I like the fact that it is served in a cast iron skillet because it continues to cook at the table.

Reaction Score
Cast Iron Chef Chop House in New Haven is excellent. Went with a large group and tasted a lot of items on the menu. All were great and the steak was fantastic. I like the fact that it is served in a cast iron skillet because it continues to cook at the table.

Believe I mentioned cast iron earlier in the thread. Have heard nothing but good things hoping to get there soon

Reaction Score
Oh no doubt it doesn't match up to some of these top tier steakhouses - was honestly just curious if anyone would actually know the place.
Used to go to the Hoboken Arthur's when I lived there. I mostly went with the burger. I didn't like their potatoes. I'm all about a good french fry over their skillet potatoes. I think the best non-chain steakhouse in NJ is the River Palm, especially the Englewood restaurant. Roots in Ridgewood has the better steakhouse atmosphere. Rails in Towaco was too expensive, but good food and cool place.

My opinion is that there are too many expensive steakhouses in the tri-state area and not enough great steak for them to all be worth the price.

Reaction Score

Huge beers, pickles/picked tomato’s on the table and they cook the steak to the proper temp every time, reasonably priced - what’s not to like.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom