OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 208 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I had, probably, the worst dining experience of my life at that place. I'm assuming it was just a really, really off day but everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. The owner was great though and comped everything and apologized profusely for all of the issues.
It can definitely happen there. I've been going since they opened and they know me and usually take pretty good care of me, but even I have had some not great meals/experiences there. They get over their heads sometimes, but as you note they are usually very good about trying to make it right.

I hesitate to send people there because half the time something gets screwed up for them and I hear about it. No question it will happen with @Dove .

The best was my wife and MIL going there without me one time and being totally ignored...until the owner recognized my wife and then tried to make up for it. Needless to say I still hear about that one.

Reaction Score
As we are playing Maryland this weekend, wanted to share a bomb pizza spot in Baltimore - Joe Benny’s!! Found it randomly while passing through the city.

It’s thick crust on focaccia bread so very different style to what we have in CT-NY, but real good. A bit like Prince Street and Detroit style imo.

8.4/10

Reaction Score
its legit good. They know what theyre doing and pay attention to putting a quality pie pie out.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Somebody brought two large pies to my office as a thank you gesture. A mushroom/sausage and a pepperoni.

The pizza was amazing. Crunchy thin crust. Great-tasting toppings. Brought some home and my wife snagged a slice. She likey!!

Grand Apizza North in North Haven, on Rt 5.

Same fam has Grand Apizza in East Haven. Hoping the pies are amazing there, too.

Reaction Score
Somebody brought two large pies to my office as a thank you gesture. A mushroom/sausage and a pepperoni.

The pizza was amazing. Crunchy thin crust. Great-tasting toppings. Brought some home and my wife snagged a slice. She likey!!

Grand Apizza North in North Haven, on Rt 5.

Same fam has Grand Apizza in East Haven. Hoping the pies are amazing there, too.
Solid stuffed breads as well. Broccoli rabe, sausage, black olive is awesome. Decent eggplant parmigiana as well (sub or stuffed bread).

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Rossini's love (by someone other than me) FTW.

Rossini's is my go to now that I live out this way. I will say I have been unsatisfied with pizza east of the river outside of Rossini's and Plum Tomato. I give Rossini the edge, unless you want some artisanal type pizza, because their prices are in line unlike most places out this way.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you're looking for Wooster St. style apizza, try Apizza Grande in Coe St.
So, went to Apizza Grande on Coe Ave and brought home two pies today. Rock Solid. The sister pizza parleo to North Haven's Apizza Grande North.

This could be THE(!) take out joint for us.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
For anyone who gets Tubi TV, there’s a great documentary called “Pizza, a love story” that details the history of Sally’s, Pepe’s, and Modern.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Grandma Style is an extremely underrated pizza. I make one every week for pizza night with my family. When we have friends over it is always a favorite as well. A quality sauce and quality fresh mozz (Calabro or Luizzi) is all it needs.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When I get up that way I also stop at Poppy and Rye for their Russian Pumpernickel/Black Bread. They make that really big loaf that can be cut into quarters. Like Colchester Bakery use to make. If I get there early enough.

Reaction Score
We tried Parlor in Wilton today. Just take-out only due the ‘vid, but I can see why my friends have raved about it as a cozy dine-in spot.

I guess I’d call it “elevated” pizza. Personal pies, excellent ingredients but not a place to get a simple cheese pie. I had the soppressata honey pot pie and my wife had a buffalo cauliflower pie. I loved my pizza: a lil’ sweet a lil’ spicy, nice tang. For a Buffalo pie, it was nicely balanced: a light ranch drizzle, piquillo sauce, garlic, basil, pickled red onions...

A bit pricy and not a place I’d go to all the time, but very very good and they obviously put a lot of care into their food. I’d definitely try it again and highly recommend it.

Reaction Score
it’s always been modern IMO
Modern, Pepe’s and Sally’s have all gone downhill by varying degrees in my opinion. Only place I would still visit in the New Haven area is Zuppardis.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Modern, Pepe’s and Sally’s have all gone downhill by varying degrees in my opinion. Only place I would still visit in the New Haven area is Zuppardis.
Bar?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom